Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nah they aren't having my money 😂 or any more of it I should say. I've been a couple of times before so don't need to do absolutely everything. I have a plan for tomorrow as I know it's gonna be weekend nuttiness.

Reactions: 1
Just got back from 2 nights onsite at DLP a few weeks ago and was a little disappointed at how busy it was 😔 (also came home with a horrible virus 😂). I have been previously in 2016, 2017 and 2019 at the same time of year (midweek, end of September) and crowd levels were pretty good. This time it seemed so much busier and there were a lot more school age kids, there didn't seem to be many brits though. I guess this must still be the after effects of lockdowns etc. We still had a great time but it is a harder to enjoy when people are pushing in queues so much etc. It was also our first time without the free half board dining and was a little shocked at how quickly we got through our money when buying quick service. I missed having a nice sit down meal 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Just got back from 2 nights onsite at DLP a few weeks ago and was a little disappointed at how busy it was 😔 (also came home with a horrible virus 😂). I have been previously in 2016, 2017 and 2019 at the same time of year (midweek, end of September) and crowd levels were pretty good. This time it seemed so much busier and there were a lot more school age kids, there didn't seem to be many brits though. I guess this must still be the after effects of lockdowns etc. We still had a great time but it is a harder to enjoy when people are pushing in queues so much etc. It was also our first time without the free half board dining and was a little shocked at how quickly we got through our money when buying quick service. I missed having a nice sit down meal 😂
Free half board, those were halcyon days ... I once did DLP for a week and the whole trip (including travel) cost less than £500.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Nah they aren't having my money 😂 or any more of it I should say. I've been a couple of times before so don't need to do absolutely everything. I have a plan for tomorrow as I know it's gonna be weekend nuttiness.
Yeah we’ve refused too, but struggling to fit everything in! We know we’ll be back though so not sweating it too much!

Reactions: 1
Yeah we’ve refused too, but struggling to fit everything in! We know we’ll be back though so not sweating it too much!
Definitely compared to DL last year I haven't got as much done in the mornings and evenings. Was happy to get a virtual line for Guardians this morning tho! It was my first time riding it. Am going to try again before I leave (a week from now).

I'll come back maybe once HEA is back. But right now there's just less on offer? Like no fireworks shows, I remember when they had them at every park or at least some kind of light show. Still had a good day today, so we will see how the rest of the trip goes!

Hope you're enjoying your trip so far!

Reactions: 2
Definitely compared to DL last year I haven't got as much done in the mornings and evenings. Was happy to get a virtual line for Guardians this morning tho! It was my first time riding it. Am going to try again before I leave (a week from
I'll come back maybe once HEA is back. But right now there's just less on offer? Like no fireworks shows, I remember when they had them at every park or at least some kind of light show. Still had a good day today, so we will see how the rest of the trip goes!

Hope you're enjoying your trip so far!
Oooh I’m hoping to get ‘in line’ for this one tomorrow - any tips??

That's what I did too. Make sure you have your groups assigned and you're all logged in then start refreshing from 6.58 as your phone clock will likely be a little out

Reactions: 3
I'd also add once you get a spot keep an eye on the time as it can suddenly drop once the park opens and people aren't there for their go! Also your time is valid for an hr after the time they give you. We didn't realise and raced across the first time to be there for the exact time. It is the best ride 😊

Sorry is that in the virtual queue bit on the app or in through the my day part where it shows the ride availability?
Virtual queue bit in the app...it should be on the home page when you open MDE. It will only highlight closer to the time...if not, you can click on the 3 horizontal lines and it will be on there.

Virtual queue bit in the app...it should be on the home page when you open MDE. It will only highlight closer to the time...if not, you can click on the 3 horizontal lines and it will be on there.
Ok so that was a waste of waking up early for…2 of us on the app, mins before refreshing and ready. Second it opened it said it was all full! Really annoyed me as how can thousands and thousands of people booked before me? It’s impossible surely!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Ok so that was a waste of waking up early for…2 of us on the app, mins before refreshing and ready. Second it opened it said it was all full! Really annoyed me as how can thousands and thousands of people booked before me? It’s impossible surely!
Oh no! We had no issues. More slots open up at 1pm, so you can try again then. I'm not overly keen on the virtual queues but understand why they do it.

We've just booked DLP for three weeks time! Any advice, tips, etc gratefully received as only been to WDW Florida...

• Heart
We've just booked DLP for three weeks time! Any advice, tips, etc gratefully received as only been to WDW Florida...
Yes, don't compare it to WDW!
Its beautiful in its own right. Staff are cultural very different aswell.

Make sure you go and watch Mickey and the Magician! An absolutely fantastic show with loads of characters, music and dancing.

Reactions: 5
Magic Kingdom was a bit of a joke today. Tried to rope drop Seven Dwarves Mine train but it was down so literally no point in the early entry, then after the heavy rain this afternoon- Big Thunder and (yet again) Seven Dwarves Mine train down all evening. Managed a handful of rides before leaving early. This definitely isn't the WDW I remember.

• Sad
Magic Kingdom was a bit of a joke today. Tried to rope drop Seven Dwarves Mine train but it was down so literally no point in the early entry, then after the heavy rain this afternoon- Big Thunder and (yet again) Seven Dwarves Mine train down all evening. Managed a handful of rides before leaving early. This definitely isn't the WDW I remember.
I'm scared to eventually go back to wdw after hearing so many people say its not the same 😔. We've only been once in 2018 but it sounds like it's changed so much

I honestly think it's luck of the draw. We went a few weeks ago and did magic Kingdom on a mnsshp Sunday (so the park closed early). Our longest queue was 40 mins, for Snow White Mine Train. We managed to ride everything we wanted to, had two meals (quick service and a sit down at Skippers) and took loads of photos. I think some days you just get so much luckier than others. I definitely still felt the magic, but this was my first trip since I was 18 so lots had changed!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.