Did you go out last night?

Did you go to a bar, pub or club?

• Yes

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • No

Votes: 128 92.1%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, not my thing. I prefer to go and see family then go to the pub, I don't think I could relax under the circumstances.

ETA: I'm at that age where I prefer day drinking and then going home to bed for an early night. šŸ¤£

Reactions: 8
Nope. If I go to a pub I always prefer a day/time when itā€™s less likely to be rammed with people. I bet all the pubs yesterday were hell on Earth

Reactions: 3
No I didn't and have no plans to go boozing in a crowded pub for the foreseeable. If I want a drink I shell have one at home.

Reactions: 4
No. Iā€™d rather have a couple of friends around and sat distanced than be in a room with others who may not take things as seriously as me.

Reactions: 2
Hell no. I am utterly disgusted with the pictures from around the country last night and then watching Matt Hancock on the news this morning saying ā€œhow pleasedā€ he was about last night. Sickening.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I rarely go anyway, and definitely wouldnā€™t currently. Walked past a couple of my locals on the way to the shop - social distancing was not being followed. The restaurants seemed to be taking it more seriously (spacing out tables and having clear guidance) but I probably still wouldnā€™t go. Seems weird that thereā€™s supposed to be a celebratory mood when itā€™s not over yet

Reactions: 3
After saying all week that I wouldnā€™t, I did šŸ˜¬ My housemate works in the pub, I went to collect the dog and ended up staying for a couple of drinks.

I felt safe-ish in that I was sat at a table with one other friend and because I knew the bar staff they brought my drinks to me. But the overall vibe was that a social distancing was a joke, there was lots of hugging and kissing. A couple of people tried to shake my hand to say hi and scoffed at me when I said no thank you. I wonā€™t be rushing back.

• Sad
No, Iā€™m not a pub person really. I prefers bars that play music as I like to have a little dance but Iā€™ve read bars are not playing music or not loudly?

Yes and have the worst hangover and awful hangover blues about what I said and did. Loved the pub but havenā€™t missed the awful feeling the next day.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I did in Dublin. Wasn't packed or over crowded. Very well organised. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Lovely meal and a few drink was lovely to get out.

Reactions: 6
I went out to a local micro brewery for a few pints which is absolutely huge (itā€™s in a barn) so social distancing wasnā€™t a problem, the tables were all more than 2m apart and there was hand sanitiser stations everywhere. Also it was very airy as they had the front shutter up. We originally said we werenā€™t going to go out but it got to 5pm and we had FOMO and are weak willed šŸ˜‚

Social distancing was non existent in the pubs we passed in the village when we went to collect our takeaway.

I havenā€™t missed the pubs since lockdown. Used to go every week for a few but Iā€™ve desire to go anytime soon and Iā€™ve saved from not doing so. Iā€™ll wait another few months before I eat out but it will eventually be nice to eat a meal I havenā€™t had to cook but all the same, Iā€™m in no rush

Yes we went to a 3 bars, nothing crazy thankfully! All places were booked and deposits paid. Only one place took all our names and numbers. Donā€™t think Iā€™ll bother again for a while, it was nice to be out but was a bit meh

No, although as soon as I feel it's safe enough I'll be first in the queue to get in šŸ˜¬

Reactions: 1
Yes, went for a pub meal. It was really quiet, in fact I haven't heard of any crazy busy pubs by me but it's quite a small town. We booked in advance and have our details on the door.

I live alone and have barely seen anyone for months so I am excited pubs are open, but I'm sticking to pubs I can book in advance for now as know numbers will be limited there

Iā€™m not a huge pub person anyway, donā€™t go out often really. Will probably give it a month or so before I think about going to one.

As I posted this thought I should also answer the question.
I used to do bar work for years and my mum also runs a social club.
I never went out as I have a young child.
But after seeing the pictures in the media of Soho bars etc it scares me to think that people are no longer social distancing.

When alcohol gets in the mix, people tend to relax and let their guard down - so social distancing goes out the window. I would rather wait till the virus is practically eradicated before I go to a pub - especially in the evening.