Desire to minimise/declutter

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah- slightly mixed bag, leaning towards negative. Long story short- only send them things you really can't sell elsewhere.
They put things on at really high prices originally and then if they're not selling reduce them suddenly really low. They take quite a big commission too. I've only sent in one thrift+ bag, and got absolutely nothing for a pair of designer shoes as they suddenly reduced them to 1.50 and they were sold with commission, bringing my balance to - 50p.. I was FURIOUS.
However the Whistles skirt I sent in sold at £60! No WAY would I have got more than £10 for that on Vinted.
It's a bit of a gamble, use if you're feeling lucky, but it's easy to use for a quick clearout :)
This is really helpful, thank you!

I have a few high street bits and bobs I’m trying to shift. I’ll check out the current going rates for similar items to see if it’s worth it 🙂

This is really helpful, thank you!

I have a few high street bits and bobs I’m trying to shift. I’ll check out the current going rates for similar items to see if it’s worth it 🙂
If you REALLY can't shift them just chuck 'em in but they also have to be in perfect condition. You do get some more discerning buyers :)

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know what to do with an old pair of GHDs? I've just been keeping them and keeping them for years now. Moved to 3 different houses and across the country and back 😂

They're around 12 years old? in a fancy case and fancy box. I barely used them when I did use them so they're not damaged.

They absolutely need to go at this point, I have no desire to use them on my hair ever again. I did a few google searches and saw something about cash for GHDs but it was a much older post and I doubt its possible now 😅

Not sure if I should ask charity shops if they'd want them or if there is a better way for them to go?

Does anyone know what to do with an old pair of GHDs? I've just been keeping them and keeping them for years now. Moved to 3 different houses and across the country and back 😂

They're around 12 years old? in a fancy case and fancy box. I barely used them when I did use them so they're not damaged.

They absolutely need to go at this point, I have no desire to use them on my hair ever again. I did a few google searches and saw something about cash for GHDs but it was a much older post and I doubt its possible now 😅

Not sure if I should ask charity shops if they'd want them or if there is a better way for them to go?
Vinted, sell it on there

Reactions: 2

Sell them on eBay, people buy old pairs, even if they’re broken to refurb. I got £26 for mine and they didn’t work so yours should do well…might as well get some cash for them if you can!

• Heart
Just booked a collection for a piece of furniture to be collected by a charity. It's a sofa bed which we haven't used for ages and I can't be bothered with the faff of trying to sell on Facebook marketplace. It was really easy to arrange the collection online, but the collection is conditional on the charity accepting it (I had to upload photos). Fingers crossed they take it - it's in perfect condition and still has the fire tags.

Having it gone will make the room feel much bigger and hopefully mean I have a space to get my yoga mat out.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Took photos to list some more bits on Vinted and sold something today too. I'm keeping all my uploads in a spare suitcase and box to keep them out of the way. Come on people buy my tit.

Next weekend I want to start properly going through my clothes.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Took photos to list some more bits on Vinted and sold something today too. I'm keeping all my uploads in a spare suitcase and box to keep them out of the way. Come on people buy my tit.

Next weekend I want to start properly going through my clothes.
Yes me too. It's surprising what people like and what they ignore. I can't predict it at all. Peculiar.
Every now and then someone comes out of the blue and buys something I'd forgotten I'd uploaded from months ago. A nice little surprise to keep me on my toes.

Reactions: 3
Hi All,
I’d like to join in please.
I’m going to try the monthly declutter challenge whereby you declutter 1 item on day 1, 2 on day 2, etc. By the end of January you should have decluttered 496 items.
I need to get rid of a lot of stuff.
I did it and I completed it a day early!
I decluttered a further 4 items so there are 500 fewer items in my home now than there were a month ago. 😁
It wasn’t easy and I couldn’t do it often but it certainly helped me make progress and the decision to get rid was easier if it meant I got a tick on my chart. 😳

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I did it and I completed it a day early!
I decluttered a further 4 items so there are 500 fewer items in my home now than there were a month ago. 😁
It wasn’t easy and I couldn’t do it often but it certainly helped me make progress and the decision to get rid was easier if it meant I got a tick on my chart. 😳
Wow!!! I think I might challenge myself for feb. The thought of this is so liberating!

That's brilliant @50sGirl . Well done! Do you notice a big difference in your home?

I was thinking of this thread the other day as a planned decluttering day was interrupted due to Big Biscuit being unwell. Inspired by an Instagram account (yeah I know) I decluttered my towels cupboard. Found almost 12 towels for a family of 4 🫣. I've kept a towel per family member with two spares on the rare occasions that we have overnight guests. The rest are off to either the fabric recycling or a local drop off for a dog rescue centre.

Reactions: 6
Well done! Does it feel better now?
Did you donate your items?
Donated lots to charity plus we have a local free gifting FB page so I got rid of a lot on there.
---
That's brilliant @50sGirl . Well done! Do you notice a big difference in your home?

I was thinking of this thread the other day as a planned decluttering day was interrupted due to Big Biscuit being unwell. Inspired by an Instagram account (yeah I know) I decluttered my towels cupboard. Found almost 12 towels for a family of 4 🫣. I've kept a towel per family member with two spares on the rare occasions that we have overnight guests. The rest are off to either the fabric recycling or a local drop off for a dog rescue centre.
Not yet but that’s because we are renovating (walls being knocked down, etc so not just decorating) and are 2 rooms down. Boxes everywhere but I’m hoping to notice the difference once the rooms are being used again and it will be good to only put back items I know we really want. If it doesn’t have an established home in the new rooms, it’s going!

Reactions: 3
Your reward will be seeing it all look so clear and uncluttered once the renovations are done 👍

I've just tackled my Vinted bag! I've made more than £800 selling on there over the past eight months, but I've got a huge bag of stuff and some of it isn't selling. I've gone through it and will take a big pile that has been listed for yonks to the charity bin tomorrow. I can now store the bag in the eves, but it's easily accessible for when I make sales.

Reactions: 9