Depher/CPH CIC #6 Now I know how Jesus felt

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome back to the discussion of James Anderson's ridiculous antics. Thread title is courtesy of Lazarus who nominated a quote by Jimmy himself back in 2020 when facebook restricted his ability to post. You win a cuddle with the Depher bearded dragon and a stern report to OFCOM

Since the last thread, more mainstream media picked up on the DEPHER scandal and James has hit back blaming the trolls, photoshop and the #biast #BBC

Rosegrove neighbourhood watch declined his donation offer for a £4500 storage unit community hub and he's currently blaming them for his non refundable purchase.

Archived links of him posting an image of Joyce (one of the victims in the BBC documentary) alongside the fabricated suicide story surfaced, disproving photoshop claims. There has also been evidence of him falsely using photos of his own children to solicit donations.

He's been spamming the feed with old posts about old boiler repairs, including posts from a job which was reported in the media to be massively bodged. Good job Jimmy!

Anything else we're missing?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Not a recap, just jumping in the chat from the tail end of last thread

Running a youth hub out of someone's back garden summer house...WHAT COULD GO WRONG

• Haha
Reactions: 20
he’s not even going to attempt to get shot of the storage unit, or use it for anything else, just to prove a point to the #discusting Neighbourhood Watch group isn’t he

Reactions: 17
My theory on why he hasn’t been stopped by any authorities is that they are silently working on it. There’s no point in taking him to court over any minor charges on their own, a slap on the wrist or a fine, suspended sentence etc won’t stop him. I think that behind the scenes he is subject to a joint investigation; police, trading standards, gas safe, social services, housing benefit, hmrc, dvla, maybe others. They will compile the lot and take it to the cps and work out which charges are most likely to stick, which ones are the biggest fines or longest jail time. Then proceed only with those.

When people commit fraud so publicly they eventually get caught. There is no way this guy is not on the radar of the council and hmrc at the very least. The council probably don’t want to comment much in foi’s or respond to complaints because they want to keep the investigation private to avoid letting Jimmy know everything they’ve collected on him.

The people praising him because he did some free work for them are so thick!! Of course he is doing things for free….using money donated by other people. That’s how he runs the grift. Takes £10k in donations, spends £3k on ‘charity work’ and pockets the other £7k. Unless these people have seen his accounts, they would have no way of knowing if this was genuine charity. The honest thing to say is that they don’t care if he is defrauding and stealing…because they got a free boiler out of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
My theory on why he hasn’t been stopped by any authorities is that they are silently working on it. There’s no point in taking him to court over any minor charges on their own, a slap on the wrist or a fine, suspended sentence etc won’t stop him. I think that behind the scenes he is subject to a joint investigation; police, trading standards, gas safe, social services, housing benefit, hmrc, dvla, maybe others. They will compile the lot and take it to the cps and work out which charges are most likely to stick, which ones are the biggest fines or longest jail time. Then proceed only with those.

When people commit fraud so publicly they eventually get caught. There is no way this guy is not on the radar of the council and hmrc at the very least. The council probably don’t want to comment much in foi’s or respond to complaints because they want to keep the investigation private to avoid letting Jimmy know everything they’ve collected on him.

The people praising him because he did some free work for them are so thick!! Of course he is doing things for free….using money donated by other people. That’s how he runs the grift. Takes £10k in donations, spends £3k on ‘charity work’ and pockets the other £7k. Unless these people have seen his accounts, they would have no way of knowing if this was genuine charity. The honest thing to say is that they don’t care if he is defrauding and stealing…because they got a free boiler out of it.
I really want to believe this is the case but the cynic in me says otherwise
---
Oh for fucks sake. THERE IS NO “DEPHER COMMUNITY FUND”.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
Not really sure how a neighbourhood watch group can be accused of ordering it when it's clearly been ordered by him in the name of Depher and payment by Depher with the delivery address as the Railway Club. Same way he's arguing about it with the company - they wouldn't do that if he hadn't placed the order.

He's got a big, flat decked area in his back garden. If he's that bothered, they could put it there and he could host all the trainspotters' (sorry, model railway enthusiasts' association) meets.

Such a shame for him that he can't get his money back, all lovely, fresh and newly laundered.

Reactions: 18
Not really sure how a neighbourhood watch group can be accused of ordering it when it's clearly been ordered by him in the name of Depher and payment by Depher with the delivery address as the Railway Club. Same way he's arguing about it with the company - they wouldn't do that if he hadn't placed the order.

He's got a big, flat decked area in his back garden. If he's that bothered, they could put it there and he could host all the trainspotters' (sorry, model railway enthusiasts' association) meets.

Such a shame for him that he can't get his money back, all lovely, fresh and newly laundered.
He jumped into this blindly, without thinking, to try and look good ahead of the BBC exposé. Which has backfired spectacularly. More people in Burnley support that NW group than dodgy DEPHER.

I think you have severely overestimated the competence and ability to cooperate of all of those organisations.

I hope I'm wrong, however.

Reactions: 15
I'm still utterly bamboozled by back yard youth hub person.
How is that even a workable idea?
Even if say, you did somehow get clearance to run a youth hub and people were naive enough to let their children GO ROUND YOUR HOUSE to play XBox (ETA which would never happen because it is utterly loopy)
"I've only got neighbours on one side"
I'm sure that 'only' neighbour would be thrilled at you having a bunch of tweens marauding round your back garden of a weekday evening

• Haha
Reactions: 16

I wish this were the case but all of my adult life working in the civil service tells me that joint up working isn’t common.

Reactions: 13
I work in adult social care and I have no faith in joint working occurring to that level. Best bet is action fraud, the police. If a local authority encounters a crime they'll alert the police for investigation but unless the police approach them for further information, I doubt they're compiling much more than their required remit. It sits with the police. Similarly the gas safe register (forgot to mention in the recap, nobody at DEPHER is on the gas safe register now) report to the Health and Safety Executive for action.
---
Somebody secured a refund 👀

Screenshot_20240530_133029_X.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
It’s a converted shipping container: a prefab office ready to be dropped into any business’s yard. Depher is 5k deep non-refundable and its director is just going to take the hit? Bullshit. He could have that thing sold this afternoon if he just wanted to claw back whatever cash he could from it. What a tit.

It’s a converted shipping container: a prefab office ready to be dropped into any business’s yard. Depher is 5k deep non-refundable and its director is just going to take the hit? Bullshit. He could have that thing sold this afternoon if he just wanted to claw back whatever cash he could from it. What a tit.
I don't think he ever bought it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m sorry, is “due diligence” asking people to SEND PHOTOS OF THE INSIDE OF THEIR FRIDGES AND FREEZERS?!
Congrats love, you’ve got a bunch of Spam and hot dogs on the way, thanks to the #community

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
IMG_20240530_175405.jpg

Summat so vindictive about repeatedly referring to the person by name when the org has told you to stop name checking em
---
IMG_20240530_180015.jpg

IMG_20240530_180058.jpg

I am so confused

Is that last comment a riddle or lateral thinking puzzle

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I know Containergate is in the public interest because it involves Depher using funds donated for plumbing and heating for a completely different purpose. But, duck me, this is boring.

• Haha
I still don't understand why the nw wanted a container for yoof projects. Too small and pointless. Why not rent a church hall a couple of times a week . Burnley is like some twilight zone.

Reactions: 21
sorry if this has already been posted, but he's also been snarking around local community pages. No reaction though.

1717095283214.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15