Curly girl method.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started thinking I was 2A but I’m getting proper curls now so I’d say 2B. And it’s very, very dry and frizzy
Similar to my hair then.. hate the frizz. And pretty fine hair too, so easily weighed down. The best conditioner I've used is the garnier food mask..my hair is so soft afterwards. Which protein conditioners were you originally using?

Reactions: 1
Similar to my hair then.. hate the frizz. And pretty fine hair too, so easily weighed down. The best conditioner I've used is the garnier food mask..my hair is so soft afterwards. Which protein conditioners were you originally using?
I used the banana hair food to start with. But it either contains protein or has an ingredient that mimics protein (that bit still confuses me). I’m in a curly girl Facebook group that have given me advice.

It’s just working out what your hair likes and needs. What works brilliantly for you might make me look a mess.

I would advise anybody starting to start out with the really cheap products. The XHC conditioners from Poundland and the 45p gel from Tesco is also really good and they’re all cgm approved products.

The homemade flaxseed gel is really good, and dirt cheap. It doesn’t quite give enough hold for me though. I need a lot of gel to get a good cast.

Have you tried ky jelly for the frizz? (I buy the Poundland version) I find it really good for smoothing down the broken hair

Last edited:
I have been following the curly girl method for months and it helped in restoring my curl pattern. I have been using shea moisture shampoos and conditioners and they are amazing!