Covid-19 vaccine. What are your thoughts?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
(This has been posted on mums.chat)

I know this can get controversial and let’s hope it doesn’t go that way but if a fast tracked vaccine is introduced in12 months
How comfortable would you be accepting it?

how comfortable would you be letting you kids have it?

do you think it should be compulsory (I know this can’t happen because we all have rights)
but in theory,
what if you couldn’t travel without your vaccines like a pet can’t?
Other countries wouldn’t allow you access until you have a covid stamp on your passport?

would you be happy to accept even though we’d be the lab rats of 2021?

Yes I would take it. I'd *probably* let my kids unless there were etxreme side effects (based on science not anti-vaxxers or Twitter 'research')

My youngest has asthma though so there would need to be enormous risks of side effects before it would outweigh the risk yo her of getting it.

Reactions: 2
I would take it, and agree that those who refused should not be allowed to travel etc.

I also am hoping a vaccine will be sooner than 12 months but if not I'm sure they will just relax the restictions considerably until there is one.

Reactions: 2
I'm in two minds on this.
In a ideal world I'd say yes I'd take it,I've had all other jabs and my kids have had all there jabs.
The other part of me is worried about the side effects and what if the jab is harmful and does more harm than good and people end up dying from the jab 🤔.
It wouldn't be about if I could travel or not it would be me having the jab to keep myself and others safe.
If i could help stop people dying by having the jab and keep my family safe I will be having it.

Reactions: 3
Realistically... will it be available to everyone straight away, or will it start by being available for the most vulnerable/over 70s first, and then slowly trickle down to the less/not vulnerable? I am not vulnerable, and neither is anyone in my immediate family - but I would want my mum, who is 76 and previous heavy smoker so lungs not at full capacity, to take it as early as possible, which I think she will want to. That way we could visit her.

I think initially it will only be available to the most vulnerable, so the over 65's and those who have serious underlying health issues.

I don't think we would be lab rats at all, a vaccine wouldn't be released and available to the public until it had gone through the required testing.