Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #55

Questions....

• #TeamSAGE I’m with the scientists, lock us down before it’s too late!

Votes: 183 48.3%
  • #TeamBoJo I think he made the right choice with the 3 tier system for now

Votes: 79 20.8%
  • I’ve done my Christmas shopping/will do it this week.

Votes: 62 16.4%
  • F*ck off it’s only October, I am NOT ready for the crimbo are you mad!

Votes: 168 44.3%
  • I have broken lockdown rules, don’t tell anyone

Votes: 93 24.5%
  • Still being good, star student. No rule breaks here!

Votes: 136 35.9%
  • I believe we will eventually go into a circuit breaker lockdown (before Christmas)

Votes: 238 62.8%
  • I don’t think the government will lock us down again.

Votes: 82 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread 55!
Summary - it’s still a big ol’ dumpster fire of a mess.

Continue here.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m starting to feel like this winter could be very dark for a lot of us mentally. Trying to cling onto the positives. May have justified to myself that it’s okay to buy lots of craft supplies on eBay “for winter” as if I’m going to behave like some hibernating tortoise or something... :S

Regarding government measures, I don’t know what will work, have lost track of everything to be honest. Am currently in a medium risk area so I suppose it could be worse.

Reactions: 19
Hi!

My son (8) had to start isolating on Friday after contact with a teacher who tested positive.

I took him for a test Sunday night, he had no covid symptoms (a slight sore throat which he has regularly as he struggles with his tonsils. No temp, cough or anything else. He was fine). I suffer with pretty bad health anxiety, especially after losing my mum in a pretty horrific way last year, so did it for my own peace of mind really. I logged on to the site at 6PM and there were dozens of tests in several local locations so they weren't short and I didn't take anything that was limited, just before anyone tells me off too 😔

My husband and daughter continued to go to school and work as normal. The school and work confirmed that this was the right thing, no one else needed to isolate. We have been super careful during the pandemic and I would never risk my child or anyone else's.

This afternoon my son has developed a headache/stomachache/nausea. He was sick this evening and developed a temp of 38c. I'm worried sick!

I called 119 and had a telling off for my husband and daughter going to work and school. Please bare in mind my son had zero symptoms this morning, my reason for his test was my own anxiety. But now I'm so glad that I did it.

I'm anxiously awaiting the result. Has anyone here had a child test positive? If so how did it go, how were they?

X

• Heart
  • Sad
I finished my Christmas shopping tonight (bar the last few stocking bits for the daughter).. Thought I best, in case lockdown happens and I end up with just 67% pay. Cos then people would be getting duck all!!

Oh, and maybe also cos it was Amazon Prime day.... :m :m :m Bargains to be had people!

Reactions: 9
I finished my Christmas shopping tonight (bar the last few stocking bits for the daughter).. Thought I best, in case lockdown happens and I end up with just 67% pay. Cos then people would be getting duck all!!

Oh, and maybe also cos it was Amazon Prime day.... :m :m :m Bargains to be had people!
I’m salty because I spent all my “fun stuff money” last week and today is prime Day and most of the stuff I bought last week has been on offer this week. Oh well. Good idea getting the presents sorted early!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The government have made a pig’s ear of communication and, well, governance. Nothing has been clear or authoritative. Everything has been done or announced retrospectively when there’s an outcry.

DomCum was the start of the rot, it’s been catch up since.

Meanwhile, China is going rogue and rampant while the world burns.

Reactions: 12
Hi!

My son (8) had to start isolating on Friday after contact with a teacher who tested positive.

I took him for a test Sunday night, he had no covid symptoms (a slight sore throat which he has regularly as he struggles with his tonsils. No temp, cough or anything else. He was fine). I suffer with pretty bad health anxiety, especially after losing my mum in a pretty horrific way last year, so did it for my own peace of mind really. I logged on to the site at 6PM and there were dozens of tests in several local locations so they weren't short and I didn't take anything that was limited, just before anyone tells me off too 😔

My husband and daughter continued to go to school and work as normal. The school and work confirmed that this was the right thing, no one else needed to isolate. We have been super careful during the pandemic and I would never risk my child or anyone else's.

This afternoon my son has developed a headache/stomachache/nausea. He was sick this evening and developed a temp of 38c. I'm worried sick!

I called 119 and had a telling off for my husband and daughter going to work and school. Please bare in mind my son had zero symptoms this morning, my reason for his test was my own anxiety. But now I'm so glad that I did it.

I'm anxiously awaiting the result. Has anyone here had a child test positive? If so how did it go, how were they?

X

Ps when I say I struggle with health anxiety I mean I really struggle. I dont do well at all when my children are sick.

My son was last sick in the spring with tonsillitis and it resulted in me having my first panic attack on the doctors carpark. I think it relates to my mum being diagnosed and waiting for her results which were always bad. I now tend to see the worst, before my mum I always thought 'nah that would never happen to us', now I think, 'it happened before, what if it's coming again?'.

Please be kind. I was nervous to post this after my telling off from 119 x

• Heart
Ps when I say I struggle with health anxiety I mean I really struggle. I dont do well at all when my children are sick.

My son was last sick in the spring with tonsillitis and it resulted in me having my first panic attack on the doctors carpark. I think it relates to my mum being diagnosed and waiting for her results which were always bad. I now tend to see the worst, before my mum I always thought 'nah that would never happen to us', now I think, 'it happened before, what if it's coming again?'.

Thinking of you and please be kind to yourself. I don’t have kids so can’t answer that part of your post but it sounds like you did everything as you were told - the guidance regarding when one should isolate is not clear which doesn’t help. I have friends who have found out someone at work tested positive and my friends were still expected to go in if they didn’t have symptoms themselves even though they were all working together the other day. They are waiting for results now too. It’s not clear. I hope your son feels much better very soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m starting to feel like this winter could be very dark for a lot of us mentally. Trying to cling onto the positives. May have justified to myself that it’s okay to buy lots of craft supplies on eBay “for winter” as if I’m going to behave like some hibernating tortoise or something... :S

Regarding government measures, I don’t know what will work, have lost track of everything to be honest. Am currently in a medium risk area so I suppose it could be worse.
I am already feeling very gloomy. We had our first snow of the season here (didn't stick to the ground) and by the end of the week, it will be down to -10. The start of a very long winter. I am determined for us to have a nice Christmas though. I mentioned before that we normally go to The Nutcracker on Christmas Eve and obv that won't be happening this year, so I found it on Youtube and we will get "dressed up" and have nice cocktails and watch it at home on the tv while getting Christmas Eve dinner ready. We always say how we should bake more and this winter it seems there is no excuse not to, lol. I also have some watercolors that I don't use often now but should get back into it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thinking of you and please be kind to yourself. I don’t have kids so can’t answer that part of your post but it sounds like you did evertything - the guidance regarding when one should isolate is not clear. I have friends who have found out someone at work tested positive and they were still expected to go in if they didn’t have symptoms themselves even though they were all working together the other day. They are waiting for results now too. It’s not clear. I hope your son feels much better very soon.
Surely that's not right. If you've had contact with a confirmed positive then you should be isolating. Sounds like their work is chancing it.

Conformed positive at my youngests school, thankfully not his year. But I feel its just a matter of time.

Reactions: 3

I think you did what anyone else would do. I dunno what 119 mean as I though that you wouldnt need to isolate the family either with no symptoms/no positive test. I hope he is ok and let us know the result.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Surely that's not right. If you've had contact with a confirmed positive then you should be isolating. Sounds like their work is chancing it.

Conformed positive at my youngests school, thankfully not his year. But I feel its just a matter of time.
They are isolating now but it seems different people misinterpret it all the time and it’s such a mess.

I heard of a few positive cases in my little town today, including a woman I know who is SO careful, she is always banging on about the rules and has followed to the letter. Feels very close to home now.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
They are isolating now but it seems different people misinterpret it all the time and it’s such a mess.
It's really not that difficult to interpret, but I think some firms think it's worth the risk. I really hope the government come down hard in employers not practising covid safe practices. People are frightened for their jobs and some are taking advantage of that and its wrong

Reactions: 5
Hi!

X
This makes me so mad, not at you, but at the unclear messages. How does the government/work/school/anyone expect any improvement, if we are not isolating the whole family if someone in the family had contact?

Fingers crossed and hope your child’s test comes back negative. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank you for being so kind! ❤

I explained to the 119 lady that I thought the guidance was really unclear. I ended up upset trying to explain that i didn't test him for covid symptoms but from the anxiety i have over losing my mum.

She was nice but warned me to be careful as they are finding people 10k for failing to follow the rules x

Reactions: 4
I really hope there isn't a full lockdown in half term week as it's my Nans funeral that week and I'm classed as a nobody with lockdown funeral attendees. I will 100% break the rules to say goodbye to her. Wish I'd broke them to visit when she was at bloody home before being shafted off into care (she didn't and never had covid). Glad I broke them on my birthday to have 1 friend round after being sat alone for 2 months. I'm so fed up it's just up and down and uncertain and I know life is uncertain but I NEED plans to keep me sane. I am pretty strong but this is all crushing me slowly slowly. Christmas is usually a cert to make me happy but I feel dread.

Ps I do my birthday and Xmas shopping a year in advance so I was sorted before lockdown 🤣

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.