Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #49

Covid questions!

• Rule of six - ridiculous and pointless

Votes: 247 55.0%
  • Rule of six - it’s a step in the right direction to try to control the virus.

Votes: 160 35.6%
  • Schools - still confident it’s a good idea they’re open

Votes: 231 51.4%
  • Schools - I wish they’d tried online learning until we have a vaccine

Votes: 122 27.2%
  • Christmas - I’m not planning on changing my usual plans

Votes: 270 60.1%
  • Christmas - it’s pretty much cancelled for me.

Votes: 113 25.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Schools - I wish the government had an adequate number of tests, an adequate tracing system and adequate staff to process before they opened fully.

I mean, it’s not like they’ve had 6 months notice that there would be a September spike or anything 🙄

Reactions: 22
It’s really quite shocking how many times the government have fucked up this year. You can forgive once or twice since it has been ‘unprecedented times’ however by now you’d have expected them to have found their stride somewhat. It’s really not doing the public any good all this uncertainty. People are angry. I doubt anything will change though, It’s a while off yet but tories will still probably win the next election🙃

Reactions: 28
Schools - I wish the government had an adequate number of tests, an adequate tracing system and adequate staff to process before they opened fully.

I mean, it’s not like they’ve had 6 months notice that there would be a September spike or anything 🙄
Especially as you've all been sat on your ass for 6 months ;) you could've been chaining yourselves to the railings in Downing St in anticipation of the testing failures 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It’s really quite shocking how many times the government have fucked up this year. You can forgive once or twice since it has been ‘unprecedented times’ however by now you’d have expected them to have found their stride somewhat. It’s really not doing the public any good all this uncertainty. People are angry. I doubt anything will change though, It’s a while off yet but tories will still probably win the next election🙃
It'll be like the Eurovision song contest nobody will want to win it :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Especially as you've all been sat on your ass for 6 months ;) you could've been chaining yourselves to the railings in Downing St in anticipation of the testing failures 😂
I’m not even a teacher... 😂 I don’t get paid for holidays and for when I do get paid, it’s £10 an hour. Think people forget that the majority of us in schools working with kids (without ppe and distancing) aren’t teachers on fat year-round salaries 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m not even a teacher... 😂 I don’t get paid for holidays and for when I do get paid, it’s £10 an hour. Think people forget that the majority of us in schools working with kids (without ppe and distancing) aren’t teachers on fat year-round salaries 😂
Sure they couldn't operate without you all ..

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I just wish we had a media that reported the facts and not resort to needless hysteria and scaremongering.

The rate of new infections is largely irrelevant now, the key figures are hospital admissions and covid-19 related deaths, which continue to be incredibly low. This suggests the virus is much weaker now than it was at its peak, so even if you do catch it you're only going to feel a bit rough for a couple of days then you'll be fine.

With this in mind, perhaps the government should rebrand the virus as "Covid-Lite" to demonstrate it's no big deal any more and stop scaring the crap out of people?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Sure they couldn't operate without you all ..
Got to have adult:child ratios. Plus not forgetting the SEN children in mainstream schools that require one to one support.

Support staff in schools are the oil in the cogs but we get a really tit deal tbh.

Reactions: 9
Got to have adult:child ratios. Plus not forgetting the SEN children in mainstream schools that require one to one support.

Support staff in schools are the oil in the cogs but we get a really tit deal tbh.
I've a family member a SEN TA not great pay but she's been doing it years and she loves working with the kids ,she always says that's her reward ,,and the parents are very good to her at Christmas 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Case confirmed at kids school. Not either of the kids year groups. The entire year bubble are having to self isolate now for 14 days. Obviously feeling a bit anxious even though it doesn't effect my two at the moment

• Sad
I really hope not. If we have to deal with their incompetence I'd hope we would get a decent government as a reward. I cried when they won last time, I'd be really pissed off if they got in again.

So Kier Starmer is in isolation now. Hope he can still push the government into action from his home. We really need the testing debacle sorting

Reactions: 3
Christmas plans are the same for us. We don't have family in our city, mine are overseas and my husbands are a 14 hour drive away. We used to do the drive a few years ago but since we got a dog we used him as the excuse not to. It is nice having Christmas in our own house and not having to please anyone else. We get up when we want, open our stockings, have a nice breakfast, pj's on all day unless we go for a walk, watch movies, leftovers for Christmas dinner from Christmas Eve (he's polish so Perogies, dumplings, saurkraut, fish, cheesecake etc). Then boxing day we make a traditional roast. Best of both worlds 😊. We have said actually having family not close by has been a blessing in this one instance as there's no pressure for us to see them. My Mil is selfish and does not social distance or wear a mask around the grandkids even though my fil is vulnerable. Glad we don't have to deal with her behaviour in person.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Don’t make me get all Cindy Lou on you Northeast 😂 go watch Elf and come back when you’re ready for a merry Covidmas 🎄
Haha I’m not the total grinch 😂😂
Just feel like instead of having everyone over on the same day all in one house
That’s it’s probs gonna be a case of seeing some family Xmas day and then the rest on Boxing Day

Can’t see the numbers being allowed by then to have kids in the house in one go

Reactions: 2
I didn't select either school option, I just wish they had done smaller bubbles, so part time learning in school until the testing system could handle a full school return.
As it currently is, it's a joke and really not fit for purpose.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.