Copycat Insta Posts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought that about the rug too. Also have the ‘be kind’ print with the woman
Oh I loathe that rug!
I just don’t get it. Do they all actually like it? Or is it the case of you can’t be an ‘Influencer’ unless you actually have that rug.
‘Be kind print’ Are they trying to convince them self of that I wonder? 🤥

Last edited:
Oh I loathe that rug!
I just don’t get it. Do they all actually like it? Or is it the case of you can’t be an ‘Influencer’ unless you actually have that rug.
‘Be kind print’ Are they trying to convince them self of that I wonder? 🤥
I liked the rug but now it’s so ubiquitous I would never get it. It’s that age old hipster thing of being ‘individual’ but somehow ending up looking all the same...

Reactions: 2
There was one a while ago that a travel 'influencer' called dreaming_outloud posted on her story. I think it had the same caption and filter/editing style of blue/orange tones, although the picture was different. She also had a jacket that dreaming_outloud owned. It started with her just complaining about copycat accounts in general and people not being 'original' or 'themselves'.

Anyway rather than contact the girl and say hey can you change it/this looks similar to one of mine, she posted a screenshot from the girl's Instagram (didn't block out her name) on her story calling her out, and a ton of her followers went to attack her to the point she ended up making a new account. It wasn't even an original caption that she came up with tbh - pretty sure it was a quote someone else had said.

Reactions: 1
I
There was one a while ago that a travel 'influencer' called dreaming_outloud posted on her story. I think it had the same caption and filter/editing style of blue/orange tones, although the picture was different. She also had a jacket that dreaming_outloud owned. It started with her just complaining about copycat accounts in general and people not being 'original' or 'themselves'.

Anyway rather than contact the girl and say hey can you change it/this looks similar to one of mine, she posted a screenshot from the girl's Instagram (didn't block out her name) on her story calling her out, and a ton of her followers went to attack her to the point she ended up making a new account. It wasn't even an original caption that she came up with tbh - pretty sure it was a quote someone else had said.
I wouldn’t want that to happen. All a bit nasty. But if I stumbled on it via a hashtag then I would assume others could too.
The content isn’t just from one person. There’s MOD copies too.

I

I wouldn’t want that to happen. All a bit nasty. But if I stumbled on it via a hashtag then I would assume others could too.
The content isn’t just from one person. There’s MOD copies too.
I don't think it was via a hashtag. I wish I could find the post calling her out (it wasn't the girl you talked about in the original post, just someone who was clearly inspired by this influencer but didn't seem to mean any harm and only looked about 17) but its not saved in her Instagram stories.

The "Just be you" print made me lol the irony 😂 maybe it's a parody account? Doubtful though...

• Haha
The "Just be you" print made me lol the irony 😂 maybe it's a parody account? Doubtful though...
Oh me as well! 😂

Is there a way of searching the written content to see if it has been copied or is it just a case of searching through accounts you think it might’ve come from?

Ive seen this happen! I used to follow an account that I noticed after a while had completely copied another page I followed down the every detail it was actually creepy how much her pictures looked alike, then she started buying followers obviously to make her account bigger so she looked like the original page or something, must have very lonely lives to have the time to be such stalkers, should just get some originality!! 😂

Th
Ive seen this happen! I used to follow an account that I noticed after a while had completely copied another page I followed down the every detail it was actually creepy how much her pictures looked alike, then she started buying followers obviously to make her account bigger so she looked like the original page or something, must have very lonely lives to have the time to be such stalkers, should just get some originality!! 😂
It is sad. I do actually have a small bit of sympathy for them.
On the other hand it’s very entertaining trying to find where’s its copied from

😂

Gonna start this thread up as it went quiet and I thought it would of gotten juicy lol.... anyone going to name a few ?

Reactions: 2
Kind of an old one but there was a girl called simply_kenna (think she goes by cosykitsune now) and lunestelle. Lunestelle got accused of copying simply_kenna a lot, to the point it did feel a bit like a single white female situation. Every time Kenna changed her style and Instagram feed, Lunestelle would too. They had all the same interests too, but then most were stuff that an average 20 something prob likes like Harry Potter, anime etc (this shows some of their similar Insta posts and videos):

It later came out that simply_kenna was a huge plagiarist herself - all of her tattoos were stuff she claimed to have designed but copied off Pinterest, same with some other 'merch' designs she did.