Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Joe Biden and his 85 cars :LOL:

i thought you said 85 carers 😂

is that miserable child going to be there, Greta whatever.
And the unwashed crew looking for insulation and their latest benefits payment from the nearest ATM

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Awhenny

VIP Member
Conference about climate change...everyone flies in on multiple planes...biden staying in edinburgh apparently and helicoptoring in each day🤦‍♀️. Fleet of teslas to transport...no charging stations so using a diesel generator🤦‍♀️. Could they not just have done a big zoom meeting?

• Heart
Reactions: 12

justbeingnosy98

The hypocrisy is mad! Biden flies over on his private jet, takes 85 cars and a helicopter but I’m the one being made to worry about recycling my yoghurt pots 🙄

Also agree Nicky will definitely put more COVID restrictions in place after this.. I cba.

Reactions: 12

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
I know the environment is important, climate change bad etc etc. But honestly the constant media coverage is doing my head in - I'm turning off mentally. Everyone gets it, but its not us little people that can change things, its the govts, and the ones that are the worst (China, Russia) arent coming anyway. I dont think me recycling and avoiding food waste and turning the heating down a degree or two is going to make the slightest bit of difference.

Reactions: 11

laughing

VIP Member
Conference of Parties 26

Climate change conference for world leaders.

Ok. I get why it's happening.

What I don't get:

The deals and all the talking has already been done.

They are flying first to Rome, then onto Glasgow, from all over the world, in airplanes.

It's really just a jolly so why all the flying?

Reactions: 11

hydeist

Chatty Member
I live right next to the closed-off zone for this and one end of my road has been closed off with a huge fence and security guards - just heard a load of drunk people trying to cut through to get out not realising it's shut and a whole lot of "YOUS ARE ALL FUCKIN ARSEHOLES" being bellowed around the street 😂 I suspect this is going to be a regular occurrence for the next three weeks!

And to add insult to injury, I just know that after it's finished, Sturgeon will be up on her high horse, scolding us for not following the COVID rules and threatening more restrictions (probably won't actually add any though, the money for it has dried up) whilst world leaders are parading around regardless of the rules.
I'll be REALLY surprised if we don't see new restrictions coming in after this.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

DaisyDeluxe

VIP Member
What do we think they'll sort at COP26 that they couldn't have sorted at the previous 25???

Wouldn't surprise me if plans are already underway for COP27

It's just a money making exercise. And as a Glaswegian, I'll be glad when it's all over. I'm sure some hoteliers will be pleased they've been able to Jack up their prices for 2 weeks but i doubt Glasgow will actually feel any benefit.
As a fellow Glaswegian, I agree. This SHOULD have been a great opportunity to showcase the city, but it's practically being shut off to literally everyone, museums and tourist attractions will be closed and there's very little for residents to want to head into the city for, the messaging has basically been "don't come anywhere near the place". I thought the Commonwealth Games was great for the city, it really was an opportunity to open Glasgow to the world and involve everyone who lives and works there, there was such a positive atmosphere for the whole time the games were on - this is the complete opposite.

Reactions: 10

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
oh god Greta pisses me off too... I get that she is autistic, possibly being exploited by her parents etc. But you know what, I'm 60 years old and being shouted at by teenagers is... well, been there and got that particular t-shirt thanks very much :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 9
All of us recycling stuff or eating less meat won't make any difference as long as people keep buying, and throwing away, 7 million Halloween costumes in the UK alone every year, god only knows how many Xmas jumpers from 2020 were in landfill by Easter, and look at all those Love Islanders selling polyester clothes as quick as China can make them. The general materialistic, need-more-stuff culture would need to disappear altogether, immediately, to make a big enough difference and I will never believe that any of those people really want that to happen because where will the money come from then.

• Sad

Glaschelle

VIP Member
What do we think they'll sort at COP26 that they couldn't have sorted at the previous 25???

Wouldn't surprise me if plans are already underway for COP27

It's just a money making exercise. And as a Glaswegian, I'll be glad when it's all over. I'm sure some hoteliers will be pleased they've been able to Jack up their prices for 2 weeks but i doubt Glasgow will actually feel any benefit.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I’m really just here to see if Greta is throwing a strop, if the protesters have a bar of soap between them,
If Joe remembers where he is, who he is, and that a soft food diet is always the best option, and the rice pudding is especially good on the dentures.

and will it all break down because
Bobo and macaroni have an argument over france,
And their ongoing attempts to find nemo. 😕
BD546648-2D7C-4DE9-BD26-9F81948A0A66.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8

glasgow27

VIP Member
I was away in Aberdeen for the last two days for family and got back a couple of hours ago so haven't seen how Glasgow is looking so far this weekend but I'm dreading this. I live in the Merchant City and basically the whole city where I live feels closed off and it's not even going to do a thing for climate change - it will just be Western leaders rambling on, preaching and doing meetings that could easily be done on Zoom alongside Greta and ER coming to entice teens to skip school for a few days, again making the city inaccessible (and probably leaving a bunch of teens loitering outside my porch in the evening after the event like the last time there was an ER protest). The big culprits are not there so it is a waste of time!

My uni is online this week and there are road closures, narrowly dodged train strikes. It's a freaking mess and as a city centre resident, they're just causing unnecessary disruption. Am I wrong to consider taking another weekend trip away next Fri/Sat/Sun?

The hypocrisy is astounding with all of these private planes, it makes it very difficult to take their message seriously. And I wonder how many of the Greta fans will be getting driven to the city centre to listen to her - now that's an answer I'd love to know.

And to add insult to injury, I just know that after it's finished, Sturgeon will be up on her high horse, scolding us for not following the COVID rules and threatening more restrictions (probably won't actually add any though, the money for it has dried up) whilst world leaders are parading around regardless of the rules.

Reactions: 8

Yel

Chatty Member
Isn't like the biggest thing for climate change the population? You can be the most wasteful person ever and still have a lower footprint than someone that walks everywhere and never buys plastic but has a child.

Maybe it's unpopular to actually say it? Of course a declining population has a whole heap of economic issues to accompany it.

world-population-graph-chart-on-white-background-vector-15232350.jpg

Reactions: 6

laughing

VIP Member
Until the supermarkets and stores change how they package items, when it.comes to recycling, our hands are tied.

Only two of us in our house and we fill two boxes of plastic recycling every two weeks.

dancingqueen5678

Chatty Member
I know the environment is important, climate change bad etc etc. But honestly the constant media coverage is doing my head in - I'm turning off mentally. Everyone gets it, but its not us little people that can change things, its the govts, and the ones that are the worst (China, Russia) arent coming anyway. I dont think me recycling and avoiding food waste and turning the heating down a degree or two is going to make the slightest bit of difference.
we off load a lot of our carbon emissions to places like China and India so that needs to be discussed but I highly doubt they will discuss that

no-no

VIP Member
It’s all very ‘Marie Antoinette’. Some guy said they can’t do it on zoom because there’s too many people. If breakout rooms are good enough for us mate it’s good enough for those doom-mongering megalomaniacs.

I agree with the claims of climate change being used to push through more of their warped agendas. I won’t be preached to about carbon footprints from people who use more in a month than the average Joe does in a decade.

Reactions: 5