Consumer rights query, looking advice.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows if a company needs to stand by their online listing/description? I placed 4 separate orders with an large online retailer for collectors items as a gift for my husband and stepson. There were two different versions so I bought a mixture of both. Both descriptions stated that each purchase contained more than what I received. Basically their website listing was incorrect and I placed 4 separate orders.

They are taking about a week to reply to each email and have no option to call. I alerted them about 5 weeks ago that their description for the items is incorrect. They have taken this entire time and only rectified one of the listings today. I want them to send me what I was made to believe I had ordered, they are only offering me to return them for a refund. I've argued that I could maybe understand that one description being wrong was acceptable but it was two items and I don't think it's good enough.

I know retailers do cancel incorrect orders that are priced wrong and but this is a bit different. My question is what are my rights? Does the company have to provide me with what their description stated since they did despatch the order?

I hope what I've written makes sense, I have a cognitive impairment due to brain injury so struggle to put my words together. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 1
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows if a company needs to stand by their online listing/description? I placed 4 separate orders with an large online retailer for collectors items as a gift for my husband and stepson. There were two different versions so I bought a mixture of both. Both descriptions stated that each purchase contained more than what I received. Basically their website listing was incorrect and I placed 4 separate orders.

They are taking about a week to reply to each email and have no option to call. I alerted them about 5 weeks ago that their description for the items is incorrect. They have taken this entire time and only rectified one of the listings today. I want them to send me what I was made to believe I had ordered, they are only offering me to return them for a refund. I've argued that I could maybe understand that one description being wrong was acceptable but it was two items and I don't think it's good enough.

I know retailers do cancel incorrect orders that are priced wrong and but this is a bit different. My question is what are my rights? Does the company have to provide me with what their description stated since they did despatch the order?

I hope what I've written makes sense, I have a cognitive impairment due to brain injury so struggle to put my words together. Thanks in advance.
I don’t have a lot of knowledge in this area but perhaps contact trading standard or citizens advice. If they can’t help I’m sure they’d be able to point you in the right direction.
I hope you get it resolved.

I don’t have a lot of knowledge in this area but perhaps contact trading standard or citizens advice. If they can’t help I’m sure they’d be able to point you in the right direction.
I hope you get it resolved.
thank you. I will give them a go x

Is it their product or something they sell that they bought in? They may not be aware

Is it their product or something they sell that they bought in? They may not be aware
It’s bought in. It was stated that the set contained 36 packs of 12 but they only sent me one pack of 12 for each order. They have taken about 5 weeks to fix one of the item listings on their website.

Take screen shots of the listing as you bought it. I would then go to your card company and say that you have not received what you purchased and you would like to do a change back.

If you paid by PayPal then it’s easier.

The company have an obligation to rectify the issues either by a return and refund, part refund or send you what you ordered.

Are they a big retailer?

Reactions: 1
Take screen shots of the listing as you bought it. I would then go to your card company and say that you have not received what you purchased and you would like to do a change back.

If you paid by PayPal then it’s easier.

The company have an obligation to rectify the issues either by a return and refund, part refund or send you what you ordered.

Are they a big retailer?
They have offered a refund but honestly I want what I’ve ordered and for them to own up to their mistakes. I will try that with my card company thanks. Yes they are a big retailer, they will probably be out a few hundred pound if they were to give me what was actually listed. Thank for your advice.

They have offered a refund but honestly I want what I’ve ordered and for them to own up to their mistakes. I will try that with my card company thanks. Yes they are a big retailer, they will probably be out a few hundred pound if they were to give me what was actually listed. Thank for your advice.
Sadly they if they have offered you a refund then that’s all they are obligated to do.

Reactions: 2
Look into “loss of bargain” not sure if it’s applicable to your problem but worth a look. I used to work at a complaints dept for a large retailer, this was years ago so bit hazy on the details lol. Also your receipt is a contract, so if you hadn’t already purchased the item(s) and the company told you the right info at point of sale it would then be your decision to buy but as you have purchased it and have the receipt it’s a different story. Hope this helps.