Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I was worried it was something more serious but she felt my tummy and had GP finger up the bum! Have you changed anything in your life recently ?
Laxido will kick in soon!!
I started pills for my periods back in September (and also had a bad food week just before coming down with this - loads of junk and processed crap which I don’t usually have) so I’m thinking it’s either one of them. All I’m doing at the moment is (TMI!) producing liquid. I hope that’s normal. 😂😭
...It’s so frustrating. I thought it’d be done by now 😩

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
Have you tried more natural methods like the ‘Moo technique’, Michelle Kennedy on YouTube has a great video. It’s basically breathing to help your body to go.
Orange juice, fennel tea, prunes, lots of water.
Hope you get your uni stuff sorted and your tutor responds soon.

Death2unicorns

Puréed pear has worked well for my baby daughter recently, I was advised prunes, pears and peas help get things moving, only tried the pear so far but it seemed to work, the warm water thing someone else suggested might help as apparently cold water can bind the poo-poo together more but warm water can loosen in
Good luck, have you been the doctor or asked a pharmacist?

Notaninstamum

After I had my baby, I was so constipated! I was terrified of going as I'd had a c section & was on medication which blocked me up too. It got so bad I went to the doctors who gave me these little enema things. I was bloody mortified! But they were amazing! The tiniest little tube of liquid which you squeeze you know where. And within about half an hour, I had been! After agonising ten days, I was okay again! I can't remember what they were called but they were little tubes of miracle! Hope you feel better soon! 🤞🏻

pc2500

I inadvertently cleared myself out by taking 2 magnesium tablets instead of just 1. They were high dose to begin with but purged my bowels within hours. Alternately as mentioned above Milk of Magnesia, we used to be given that as kids when we were 'bunged' up and it seemed to work

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I am constipated. Mmmmm. Sexy I know. Don’t have anybody else to moan to!

Lactulose was Wrong and Bad, apparently, so I have Laxido. Little orange flavour sachets. Mix with water and so begins the evacuation. So to speak. Now I’m sorry but whoever invented the bastarding stuff has never let it cross streams with an orange in its lifetime. It tastes like swimming pool water that has had an orange bobbing about in it for a few seconds. I am choking it back like i’m on I’m a celeb and ant and dec have just told me to chow down on kangaroo nadgers. THREE TIMES A DAY I have to do this. Guys it is torture, it is hell.

Day 1 and it has done shit all, quite literally. i am terrified to eat in case I bung myself up even further, my stomach has some constant whale song going on, and my anxiety is telling me that I will Never Poo Again.

I can’t even have food I want anyway. No cheese, no milk, nothing rich. I have pulled beef brisket in the fridge, I am dying for it, but I can’t risk it. I cry every time I open the fridge and see it winking back at me. 😩

To make matters worse I haven’t been able to go to university ever since (started out as couldn‘t move for pain, now out of fear I’ll suffer some humiliating Laxido induced accident) - I’ve missed a week. A certain piece of coursework is due in and I submitted it yesterday, only to be told that because I’ve missed the lecture that what I have done is WRONG and I have to re-do it. Except the lecturer has explained it in a weird way and I have no idea what to do and she isn’t responding to my emails.

I feel like a very full, very incompetent person. Send help and :poop: shaped vibes. Please. Hashtag poo free Christmas. 😩😩😩 * sobbing echoes in distance *

Mustard

VIP Member
Dried prunes. I use Lidl ones. I eat them because I just like the taste of them. But they do get things moving in most cases.

ciaoadiosimdone

Asda Constipation Relief tablets work for me, I think they’re Bisacodyl. I have tried most laxatives under the sun after being fobbed off by Doctors for years with prescription after prescription and after having to have biannual colonoscopies I really can’t stomach ones you have to drink so totally feel your pain with the laxido, it is GASH. That powder has never seen a bloody orange, it’s salty AF.

GeordieLass

the doctor saying no apples thing will be because they produce wind and all ready being "bunged up" you'd get really bad trapped wind pain - maybe try low fodmap foods ? hope you feel better soon

PoleStar

Chatty Member
One Christmas, many years ago when I was about 15, I didn't go for 10 days and was so desperate to go that I took about half a bottle of Syrup of Figs in one hit. Within a couple of hours I was doubled up crying with pain and my mum had to call the doctor out. I'd basically created a battlefield in my own bowels with all the fig syrup and when I did go it was like a tsunami of shit (I know, TMI). I would not recommend that course of action. 💩💩💩

Ekkwhine

VIP Member
This happened to my grandmother. One day, she keep taking laxatives, thinking they weren’t working, while she was visiting us, and she wasn’t able to make it to the toilet from the living room without leaving a trail of💩 along the way. She didn’t admit to how many she’d taken for a while though.
I’m totally ashamed to admit that I’m a nurse. If anyone should know better it’s me. Hope your poor nan was ok bless her heart I bet she was mortified

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
Long term laxido user here! Can confirm its awful taste!! Does take a couple of days to work. It doesn't make you go any quicker just softens the poo! I have been on laxido for 2 years after all of a sudden (25 fit and healthy!) became constipated and now cant be without laxido. Take every other day. Yuccccccccck
oh that sounds scary ☹ Good on you for coping with it though - lol

i am really scared something is wrong Because it just came on so suddenly. im scared of it being something bad or I will be like this forever. I cannot be like this forever. It is miserable.
Or that I have imagined it. She didn’t feel my tummy or look at my bottom or anything. She just said, I think you need this.

Porkiepies

VIP Member
Constipation remedies I use at work are Apples, Prunes and beans. Drinking plenty of water helps a lot too.
Flaxseeds are also good. I know you feel uncomfortable but you do need to eat to get the digestive system moving 💩💩

Mustard

VIP Member
I’m totally ashamed to admit that I’m a nurse. If anyone should know better it’s me. Hope your poor nan was ok bless her heart I bet she was mortified
She called my mother, who was at work not far away and she came home to sort it out. It was unfortunate that they had light coloured carpets. She was really embarrassed and ended up showing my mother the packet of laxatives because my mother was concerned that there might have been something really wrong with her to warrant a trip to the hospital. My mother realised that she had just taken far too many. Luckily they had two toilets in their apartment. 😆