Constipation 😩 (having a moan. Indulge me.)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the doctor saying no apples thing will be because they produce wind and all ready being "bunged up" you'd get really bad trapped wind pain - maybe try low fodmap foods ? hope you feel better soon

A really hot shower aimed at your tummy should help as well, watered down orange juice can help as well

Asda Constipation Relief tablets work for me, I think they’re Bisacodyl. I have tried most laxatives under the sun after being fobbed off by Doctors for years with prescription after prescription and after having to have biannual colonoscopies I really can’t stomach ones you have to drink so totally feel your pain with the laxido, it is GASH. That powder has never seen a bloody orange, it’s salty AF.

I second dulcolax! As an IBS sufferer apart from the laxatives doctors prescribe, this does the trick for me. It does give me very painful cramps though and your hole will feel like it’s on fire once it kicks in because you will have literal liquid tit (sorry tmi) 😂 but it does clear you out!! Whenever I’ve had to take it I’ve been scared to eat the next day at work incase I tit myself because you feel so empty afterwards 😂😂 and if you do take it be prepared to spend all night (as in up until early hours of the morning) just sitting on the toilet because every time you try to go back to bed and sleep you wake up again 3 seconds later feeling like you’re going to tit yourself 😂

Reactions: 1
I was so badly once I was ordered by nhs direct to purchase a home enema kit from the chemist.
It's basically a tube of oil with the longest nozzle you have ever seen 😳
I'm sure it cost me no more than £2 and all you had to was insert it, squeeze and then wait.
I really tested it, without being too graphic, I basically had a wall of poop with no end just sitting there 😖😖😖
Within 20 mins it had softened it all up and just had the best and biggest poop EVER!!
Highly recommended 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I inadvertently cleared myself out by taking 2 magnesium tablets instead of just 1. They were high dose to begin with but purged my bowels within hours. Alternately as mentioned above Milk of Magnesia, we used to be given that as kids when we were 'bunged' up and it seemed to work

Good old fashioned Senokot - take 2 and let it work it’s magic 👍
Just don’t do what I did and think “I’m FAR more bunged up than anyone else has EVER been/it’s been an hour and nothing has happened, I’ll take some more. And then fill yourself up with prunes and every other remedy you’ve found on the internet within a space of 6 hours. Nothing happens any sooner than if you’d just taken the original dose/stuck to one remedy but it’s soooo violent when it does happen that you’ll be reduced to a cramping sweaty mess, lying in the fetal position on the bathroom floor as you’re empty but the contracting continues. Not my finest (several) hour(s)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Just don’t do what I did and think “I’m FAR more bunged up than anyone else has EVER been/it’s been an hour and nothing has happened, I’ll take some more. And then fill yourself up with prunes and every other remedy you’ve found on the internet within a space of 6 hours. Nothing happens any sooner than if you’d just taken the original dose/stuck to one remedy but it’s soooo violent when it does happen that you’ll be reduced to a cramping sweaty mess, lying in the fetal position on the bathroom floor as you’re empty but the contracting continues. Not my finest (several) hour(s)
This happened to my grandmother. One day, she keep taking laxatives, thinking they weren’t working, while she was visiting us, and she wasn’t able to make it to the toilet from the living room without leaving a trail of💩 along the way. She didn’t admit to how many she’d taken for a while though.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
This happened to my grandmother. One day, she keep taking laxatives, thinking they weren’t working, while she was visiting us, and she wasn’t able to make it to the toilet from the living room without leaving a trail of💩 along the way. She didn’t admit to how many she’d taken for a while though.
I’m totally ashamed to admit that I’m a nurse. If anyone should know better it’s me. Hope your poor nan was ok bless her heart I bet she was mortified

I’m totally ashamed to admit that I’m a nurse. If anyone should know better it’s me. Hope your poor nan was ok bless her heart I bet she was mortified
She called my mother, who was at work not far away and she came home to sort it out. It was unfortunate that they had light coloured carpets. She was really embarrassed and ended up showing my mother the packet of laxatives because my mother was concerned that there might have been something really wrong with her to warrant a trip to the hospital. My mother realised that she had just taken far too many. Luckily they had two toilets in their apartment. 😆

One Christmas, many years ago when I was about 15, I didn't go for 10 days and was so desperate to go that I took about half a bottle of Syrup of Figs in one hit. Within a couple of hours I was doubled up crying with pain and my mum had to call the doctor out. I'd basically created a battlefield in my own bowels with all the fig syrup and when I did go it was like a tsunami of tit (I know, TMI). I would not recommend that course of action. 💩💩💩

I've been there too and there are some good yoga moves that help the pain and aid digestion. Google yoga for constipation and give it a go. It's horrible. Hope something helps

Reactions: 1
I am constipated. Mmmmm. Sexy I know. Don’t have anybody else to moan to!

Lactulose was Wrong and Bad, apparently, so I have Laxido. Little orange flavour sachets. Mix with water and so begins the evacuation. So to speak. Now I’m sorry but whoever invented the bastarding stuff has never let it cross streams with an orange in its lifetime. It tastes like swimming pool water that has had an orange bobbing about in it for a few seconds. I am choking it back like i’m on I’m a celeb and ant and dec have just told me to chow down on kangaroo nadgers. THREE TIMES A DAY I have to do this. Guys it is torture, it is hell.

Day 1 and it has done tit all, quite literally. i am terrified to eat in case I bung myself up even further, my stomach has some constant whale song going on, and my anxiety is telling me that I will Never Poo Again.

I can’t even have food I want anyway. No cheese, no milk, nothing rich. I have pulled beef brisket in the fridge, I am dying for it, but I can’t risk it. I cry every time I open the fridge and see it winking back at me. 😩

To make matters worse I haven’t been able to go to university ever since (started out as couldn‘t move for pain, now out of fear I’ll suffer some humiliating Laxido induced accident) - I’ve missed a week. A certain piece of coursework is due in and I submitted it yesterday, only to be told that because I’ve missed the lecture that what I have done is WRONG and I have to re-do it. Except the lecturer has explained it in a weird way and I have no idea what to do and she isn’t responding to my emails.

I feel like a very full, very incompetent person. Send help and :poop: shaped vibes. Please. Hashtag poo free Christmas. 😩😩😩 * sobbing echoes in distance *
Weetabix with the meds should help loads! I know how you feel ended up in a&e once with it it was brought on by an allergic reaction. I was in a hospital I used to work in visiting someone and got sick and they brought me down in a feicin wheelchair 😭😂