coming off the pill

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ages ago i was on the pill, but my mom made me come off as she kept moaning about how its not normal to have a period "& all that bloods gotta go somewhere" :cautious: Anyway, I came off, had 1 period and got pregnant. I can't take the pill anymore now either as it gives me migraines and messes up my body.

Ages ago i was on the pill, but my mom made me come off as she kept moaning about how its not normal to have a period "& all that bloods gotta go somewhere" :cautious: Anyway, I came off, had 1 period and got pregnant. I can't take the pill anymore now either as it gives me migraines and messes up my body.
Your mother doesn’t have a clue what she’s talking about and her absolute ignorance is shameful. I hope you are ok after going through that ❤

Reactions: 1
Your mother doesn’t have a clue what she’s talking about and her absolute ignorance is shameful. I hope you are ok after going through that ❤
Well, My son is nearly 14 and obviously her golden child! :ROFLMAO: She is very ignorant though - about a lot of things and you can't tell her nothing.

Sorry you had to go through that! In a similar but different vein, my mum still thinks EC is abortion 🙃 honestly it makes me so sad to know for some young women the only person tells them about contraception is their mum who doesn’t even know the right information!!

I’ve always had terrible experiences with contraception. The coil I had was horrendous - made me bleed constantly, all my pills made me feel tit and put on weight and I absolutely hate using condoms. I finally went to a private gynaecologist (for a separate issue) and she prescribed me a new pill that (no joke) has changed my life. I’ve not experienced any weight gain, my skin is so clear and I feel totally normal- bizarre.
can I ask the name of the pill you are on please? It sounds like the answer to my prayers 🙈

so i had a conversation with my boyfriend last night that i was wanting to come off the pill to see how my body would react (i’ve been on it since i was 16, now 20) and we have agreed to use condoms but i’m just interested in what other peoples experiences have been in coming off the pill? skin, confidence, weight, libido etc
thank u!!
I've just come off the implant after being on the pill/coil/something! back to back for 16 years and it's been really nice. Definitely have noticed an improvement in my skin and libido, and my weight has been more stable (I'm not currently trying to lose weight but I find I don't gain as badly after a holiday or a few days not behaving myself 😂).

I did find it really crappy and annoying that the nurse I dealt with was quite judgey when I said we were planning to just use condoms for a while and discuss things later - I'm 33, not 15!

I came off the pill about six weeks ago. All was fine to begin with but I've been getting really bad dizzy spells and nausea the last week. I still havent had a period. I did a test but it was negative. Has anyone had a similar experience?

I came off the pill about six weeks ago. All was fine to begin with but I've been getting really bad dizzy spells and nausea the last week. I still havent had a period. I did a test but it was negative. Has anyone had a similar experience?
I came off the pill a couple of weeks ago and I've had a really positive experience. As soon as I came off it I started to take DIM and milk thistle supplements so help balance my hormones- so far haven't had any crazy mood swings or breakouts and I really think it's from taking them. Have also had 2 cycles so I was delighted it returned to normal straightaway. Have also found that my period is a lot shorter than my withdrawal bleed would have been on the pill!

I’ve made the decision to come off the pill this week, and I’m really questioning my decision…

I’ve been on some form of contraception since I was 18, now 33. I don’t even remember what a normal period is like. I get migraines and am terrified that I’ll get them badly, as I remember my mum growing up had awful hormonal migraines. I started getting migraines around 21 so never known if I get them but I’m scared.

I’ve made the decision to come off the pill this week, and I’m really questioning my decision…

I’ve been on some form of contraception since I was 18, now 33. I don’t even remember what a normal period is like. I get migraines and am terrified that I’ll get them badly, as I remember my mum growing up had awful hormonal migraines. I started getting migraines around 21 so never known if I get them but I’m scared.
All you can do is try and see what happens. Give your body a good few months to adjust, and take it from there.

It's now been six weeks since I came off. First two weeks I felt fine, last few weeks I've been really dizzy and nauseous, threw up once. I feel better this week, but I still haven't had a period which i know can be normal but it's making me really anxious. Give your body time to adjust, I did feel really weird for a bit.

• Heart
I’ve been on and off the combined pill/patch throughout my late teens/twenties and both times I’ve stopped, I’ve experienced tellogen effluvium if that’s how you say it. I’m having it right now and it’s 3 months before my wedding, from a search online it’s incredibly common but still freaks me out.

I've been off the pill for 13 weeks but no sign of my period yet. I'm not yet worried but hope it doesn't take forever.