Chocolate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think for Xmas I will treat myself to charbonnel et walker champagne truffles. I'm not spending that much on chocolate randomly, though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Tesco usually have good deals on Tony’s seasonal selections. I find the big bars too annoying as the uneven chunks annoy me, although I know they’re intentionally that way and I admire the ethics.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Tesco usually have good deals on Tony’s seasonal selections. I find the big bars too annoying as the uneven chunks annoy me, although I know they’re intentionally that way and I admire the ethics.
I'm trying to buy more ethical chocolate, even if it's a bit more expensive. I mentioned a brand on here a week or so ago called "divine" and you can buy from the website or Ocado also sell it, too. I think Waitrose do as well. I wouldn't say it's some spectacular chocolate. It's nice chocolate, but the ethics is most important.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I will say, though, I'm still a sucker for a simple kitkat chunky or snickers bar. I do love to dip a kitkat into my tea and suck the chocolate off. 😄
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
IMG_6263.png

So I know even the best protein bars are a poor replacement for good chocolate, but these are absolutely VILE. Caramel and pretzel?! How very dare they. I expected salty pretzel pieces and a layer of sticky caramel. No. A slab of sandy solidity covered in a chocolate flavoured coating.

I’ll stick with my Barebells and Fulfil in future.
 
  • Sick
Reactions: 1
Tony’s Chocolonely did a collab with Ben and Jerry’s a little while back, and both bars I found were delicious! There was one in a dark blue/indigo packaging that was quite dark chocolate with bits of brownie in it, then a white chocolate and strawberry one too.
Some protein bars are vile! The texture is just disgusting, so sandy/gritty, and they often taste vile too. Thereare a few brands I stick to that do nice flavours.
I love Minstrels, Cadbury’s Bournville and if there is a chocolate dessert on the menu when I am eating out, that is usually what I will get!
Has anyone tried the Kit Kat big bars with various flavours? The caramel one was very tasty, and I think there was a peanut butter one too that I enjoyed.
I thought the M and M cookie dough filled version ( in a pink packet) was a bit underwhelming, as I was really excited to try it. I loved the caramel/toffee version they had a while back, but my teeth did not, so I had to stop buying them!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Tony’s Chocolonely did a collab with Ben and Jerry’s a little while back, and both bars I found were delicious! There was one in a dark blue/indigo packaging that was quite dark chocolate with bits of brownie in it, then a white chocolate and strawberry one too.
Some protein bars are vile! The texture is just disgusting, so sandy/gritty, and they often taste vile too. Thereare a few brands I stick to that do nice flavours.
I love Minstrels, Cadbury’s Bournville and if there is a chocolate dessert on the menu when I am eating out, that is usually what I will get!
Has anyone tried the Kit Kat big bars with various flavours? The caramel one was very tasty, and I think there was a peanut butter one too that I enjoyed.
I thought the M and M cookie dough filled version ( in a pink packet) was a bit underwhelming, as I was really excited to try it. I loved the caramel/toffee version they had a while back, but my teeth did not, so I had to stop buying them!
I got the Ben and jerrys Tony's at the airport the other day on offer (£3) and I liked it but prefer their other flavours
 
Today I had Maltesers for the first time this year and they were absolutely vile, the chocolate had this odd waxy mouthfeel. Turns out the UK/Ireland recipe changed earlier this year, with the whey/large formulation altered and the natural vanilla extract removed. They taste so much cheaper now. Essentially inedible. Why are all my favourites being ruined 😭
 
  • Sad
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Today I had Maltesers for the first time this year and they were absolutely vile, the chocolate had this odd waxy mouthfeel. Turns out the UK/Ireland recipe changed earlier this year, with the whey/large formulation altered and the natural vanilla extract removed. They taste so much cheaper now. Essentially inedible. Why are all my favourites being ruined 😭
The dark "chocolate" ones are revolting too.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: 1
I feel
Today I had Maltesers for the first time this year and they were absolutely vile, the chocolate had this odd waxy mouthfeel. Turns out the UK/Ireland recipe changed earlier this year, with the whey/large formulation altered and the natural vanilla extract removed. They taste so much cheaper now. Essentially inedible. Why are all my favourites being ruined 😭
I didn't know that about Maltesers. How sad. I feel like all my childhood favourites taste much less nice now. It's hard to find chocolate I do like these days.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Has anyone tried these yet?? I saw them in supermarket today but wasn’t brave enough to purchase without a recommendation!
IMG_6329.jpeg
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: 2
I think I remember having these last year, but they weren't gingerbread flavor. I'm not sure about the gingerbread, but the ones I had before were nice.
Oh the reindeer have been out for years, but I’ve never seen the gingerbread before. I was just so disappointed in the Maltesers I got recently that I’m very nervous about trying anything from the range. And I’m insanely conscious of calories so the idea of trying something and it not being worth the calories is a nightmare!
 
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Has anyone tried the M&S tin of mixed chocs they've released for Christmas? It kind of looks like what Quality Street was before it all went to rit. Excited to see a coffee one in the selection 🥰
 
Yes the Big Tin. We had it last year and will get it again this year (watch the dates though) Also got a box of the malt balls for Xmas.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Has anyone tried the M&S tin of mixed chocs they've released for Christmas? It kind of looks like what Quality Street was before it all went to rit. Excited to see a coffee one in the selection 🥰
Coffee chocolate is my favourite & these are lovely ! Those tins are far better than quality street etc.
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 2