Celebs who have made a huge impact on your life

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a few :oops:

Sabrina Carpenter - found her when I was only about 10/11 and was settling into a new primary school. For me, it was like finding an escape from everything listening to her covers and original songs. She came here on tour in 2017, and I was fortunate enough to meet her. She's been in a bunch of movies, with 3 of them coming this year, and was very briefly on Broadway before everything shut down. In a way I feel like she's an older, aspirational sibling, but in other ways I feel like she's everyone's friend.

Billie Joe Armstrong - There's just something about Billie that I love, but I don't know exactly what it is. He and the rest of Green Day have been my favourite band for many years and their albums have always helped motivate me. I was meant to be going to the Hella Mega Tour next month but it's been pushed back to next year :( I think part of it was seeing him overcome is down to how he overcame mental health struggles and is a vocal figure in a lot of things I rally behind/support.

Blu Hydrangea - One of my local drag queens who just happened to end up on Drag Race UK. I've been following Blu for years through social media, and whenever she was announced for DRUK, I felt like the queer community in Northern Ireland were finally getting the recognition they deserved. Every time I've met her, she has been nothing but lovely and is always around to have a bit of craic.

Cher - After all, she is a rich man. Whenever I was first starting to come to terms with being queer and all that, seeing Cher and her support for the LGBT+ community just made me feel less guilty about it in general. As one of the English teachers said - she's just a gay man in a woman's body πŸ˜‚

The Beatles - I was more or less raised on the Yellow Submarine VHS, so to this day I still have a very strong love and connection for the Beatles. My room is littered in Beatles merchandise (I have a Yellow Submarine clock!!), they're my 2nd most listened to band so far this year, and I often find myself going to the Bootleg Beatles whenever they're in Belfast. I probably wouldn't have such a big desire to collect and find vinyl.

I can't really think of anyone who's had as big as an impact as these guys, but as we grow and stuff we'll find more about ourselves and others πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Omg I love this idea @emilynxlan because my whole life literally revolves around celebs πŸ˜‚

Lady Gaga- I would actually die for her! I just think she's the most talented, inspirational woman on earth with a heart of gold, I could go on all day about how much I love her and why :LOL: I've seen her live 14 times and had the joy of meeting her 5 years ago at a meet and greet, it was the best day of my life! I managed to tell her why she means so much to me & her response was just perfect, something I'll never forget. Her music and her shows are just the ultimate escape for me, I honestly don't know what I would've done without her at the lowest points of my life.

Helena Bonham Carter- the first celeb I ever became obsessed with, when I was 13 πŸ˜‚ As well as being the best actress out there (imo obvs) I just love her carefree, no fucks given attitude. She's a one off, everyone should be like Helena in an ideal world! Her films provided me with much needed escape when I was bullied everyday at school. Again, I honestly don't know what I'd do without her in my life.

Cher- I mean Cher is just the ULTIMATE goddess, is there anyone more iconic?! As well as being an incredible singer & actress, I think she's so bloody hilarious. I love how she's a diva but also down to earth at the same time, she's just so sweet. I've seen her live 8 times, had some of the best nights of my life at her concerts & seeing her front row last year was just an absolute dream come true.

Jennifer Saunders & Joanna Lumley- I was brought up watching Ab Fab & I honestly don't think I'd have a sense of humour if it wasn't for these two πŸ˜‚ they've had a massive impact on my life & never fail to provide me with a laugh on and off screen.

Kate Bush- Her music is just magical, it transports me to another universe, I don't know how she does it! When I was so unbelievably miserable at my job 5/6 years ago I'd just go home & listen to her music/ watch videos of her on youtube & just feel at peace. There will never be anyone like her, I'm incredibly lucky I got to see her at the Before The Dawn show, absolutely unforgettable!

Debbie Harry- Debbie is just the coolest person ever, I wish I was her! I feel like Blondie's music was literally made for me. Again, obsessing over Blondie when I was at my most miserable 5/6 years ago was one of the few things that made me happy.

Keeley Hawes- I've always been a fan of Keeley ever since I first saw her in my all time favourite show, Ashes to Ashes 12 years ago but it's only been in the last 6 months or so that I've become a massive fan. I'm slowly working through her filmography, I just think she's an incredible actress and such a lovely woman. I always classed myself as straight but my god I'm actually head over heels in love with Keeley, she is drop dead GORGEOUS, I love her so so much! She's probably one of the most important people on my list actually seems she's my sexual awakening πŸ˜‚

Sorry if this is a bit long, as you can see I'm extremely passionate about my fave celebs! They mean so much to me πŸ₯°

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Gary Barlow/Take That - discovered them on their comeback in 2006, I absolutely fell in love with the band - I was around 14 at this time and they just became my whole life and made me so happy. Any magazine or newspaper they were in, my mum would go and buy it for me. I'd watch any TV show or interview they did, I lived on their forum every single night and on there I met one of my best friends.

We just got chatting one day - she was a Mark fan, myself a Gary fan. We got to know each other and then our parents arranged for us to meet and we'd stay at each others for a few days twice a year as we lived a few hours away. We've grown up together from 14 to 28 online always meeting up once a year. Last year I went to her wedding (was supposed to be a bridesmaid but the distance between us made arrangements very difficult) and she's also now had a little boy.

I am known amongst all my friends and family for being a huge Take That fan - if they're ever in the news I'll be messaged by multiple people to tell me. I've been to so many concerts and been so lucky to be front row multiple times where I've cried when they come on stage. I've grown up with Take That always in my heart and I just have such fond memories. Myself and my boyfriend aren't even engaged but we know that our first dance will be to "Greatest Day" because it's a favourite of mine and is also a song he absolutely loves.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Gary Barlow/Take That - discovered them on their comeback in 2006, I absolutely fell in love with the band - I was around 14 at this time and they just became my whole life and made me so happy. Any magazine or newspaper they were in, my mum would go and buy it for me. I'd watch any TV show or interview they did, I lived on their forum every single night and on there I met one of my best friends.

We just got chatting one day - she was a Mark fan, myself a Gary fan. We got to know each other and then our parents arranged for us to meet and we'd stay at each others for a few days twice a year as we lived a few hours away. We've grown up together from 14 to 28 online always meeting up once a year. Last year I went to her wedding (was supposed to be a bridesmaid but the distance between us made arrangements very difficult) and she's also now had a little boy.

I am known amongst all my friends and family for being a huge Take That fan - if they're ever in the news I'll be messaged by multiple people to tell me. I've been to so many concerts and been so lucky to be front row multiple times where I've cried when they come on stage. I've grown up with Take That always in my heart and I just have such fond memories. Myself and my boyfriend aren't even engaged but we know that our first dance will be to "Greatest Day" because it's a favourite of mine and is also a song he absolutely loves.

Ahh I know this feeling!! I was there the first time around - I was 9 when I discovered them, in 1993 - around the time of the Everything Changes album - had all the tapes, videos, the board game, a Howard doll!! They were my absolute life, and I cried so so much when Robbie left the band, and again when they split up.

I was so so excited when they got back together, but my real excitement was the Progress album and tour - all my boys together again at last! I went to the Progress tour at Sunderland and it was one of the greatest days of my life (not even joking!) - went with my husband, and sobbed when Robbie sang Angels and they sang Three Letters at the end. That was the only gig of their's I was lucky enough to see but I've got the DVD which I watch every so often with my daughter.

My daughter is 9, and is now also slightly obsessed, particularly with Gary!!! I'd love to eventually take her to one of their shows if they tour again!

Reactions: 1
Ahh I know this feeling!! I was there the first time around - I was 9 when I discovered them, in 1993 - around the time of the Everything Changes album - had all the tapes, videos, the board game, a Howard doll!! They were my absolute life, and I cried so so much when Robbie left the band, and again when they split up.

I was so so excited when they got back together, but my real excitement was the Progress album and tour - all my boys together again at last! I went to the Progress tour at Sunderland and it was one of the greatest days of my life (not even joking!) - went with my husband, and sobbed when Robbie sang Angels and they sang Three Letters at the end. That was the only gig of their's I was lucky enough to see but I've got the DVD which I watch every so often with my daughter.

My daughter is 9, and is now also slightly obsessed, particularly with Gary!!! I'd love to eventually take her to one of their shows if they tour again!
I was 4 when they split up but when I discovered them at 14 it didn't take me long to get to know all the old songs and all the words haha! I do love Robbie but unsure what I think of him in the band which is no doubt because when I discovered them he wasn't part of it.
Their Circus tour was the most incredible tour, definitely the best nights of my life (you'd hope so as I was queuing from 7am πŸ˜‚ ) the memories now of being so close to them on that B stage when I was front row and crying - gives me shivers!!!
Hopefully they'll tour again and you'll get to go! My bf wants to come with me if they tour again.

Omg I love this idea @emilynxlan because my whole life literally revolves around celebs πŸ˜‚

Lady Gaga- I would actually die for her! I just think she's the most talented, inspirational woman on earth with a heart of gold, I could go on all day about how much I love her and why :LOL: I've seen her live 14 times and had the joy of meeting her 5 years ago at a meet and greet, it was the best day of my life! I managed to tell her why she means so much to me & her response was just perfect, something I'll never forget. Her music and her shows are just the ultimate escape for me, I honestly don't know what I would've done without her at the lowest points of my life.

Helena Bonham Carter- the first celeb I ever became obsessed with, when I was 13 πŸ˜‚ As well as being the best actress out there (imo obvs) I just love her carefree, no fucks given attitude. She's a one off, everyone should be like Helena in an ideal world! Her films provided me with much needed escape when I was bullied everyday at school. Again, I honestly don't know what I'd do without her in my life.

Cher- I mean Cher is just the ULTIMATE goddess, is there anyone more iconic?! As well as being an incredible singer & actress, I think she's so bloody hilarious. I love how she's a diva but also down to earth at the same time, she's just so sweet. I've seen her live 8 times, had some of the best nights of my life at her concerts & seeing her front row last year was just an absolute dream come true.

Jennifer Saunders & Joanna Lumley- I was brought up watching Ab Fab & I honestly don't think I'd have a sense of humour if it wasn't for these two πŸ˜‚ they've had a massive impact on my life & never fail to provide me with a laugh on and off screen.

Kate Bush- Her music is just magical, it transports me to another universe, I don't know how she does it! When I was so unbelievably miserable at my job 5/6 years ago I'd just go home & listen to her music/ watch videos of her on youtube & just feel at peace. There will never be anyone like her, I'm incredibly lucky I got to see her at the Before The Dawn show, absolutely unforgettable!

Debbie Harry- Debbie is just the coolest person ever, I wish I was her! I feel like Blondie's music was literally made for me. Again, obsessing over Blondie when I was at my most miserable 5/6 years ago was one of the few things that made me happy.

Keeley Hawes- I've always been a fan of Keeley ever since I first saw her in my all time favourite show, Ashes to Ashes 12 years ago but it's only been in the last 6 months or so that I've become a massive fan. I'm slowly working through her filmography, I just think she's an incredible actress and such a lovely woman. I always classed myself as straight but my god I'm actually head over heels in love with Keeley, she is drop dead GORGEOUS, I love her so so much! She's probably one of the most important people on my list actually seems she's my sexual awakening πŸ˜‚

Sorry if this is a bit long, as you can see I'm extremely passionate about my fave celebs! They mean so much to me πŸ₯°
I can definitely agree with you on that last part! I'm a total band geek. My room is covered in posters, I have hundreds of CDs (do people my age still buy CDs?), most of my shirts are band shirts and I spend so many hours a day listening to music.

I love discovering bands when they get back together! Who doesn't love a bit of Take That? I was having a mini rave to their music the other night! πŸ˜‚

I can definitely agree with you on that last part! I'm a total band geek. My room is covered in posters, I have hundreds of CDs (do people my age still buy CDs?), most of my shirts are band shirts and I spend so many hours a day listening to music.
yes omg you're my spirit animal πŸ˜‚ I'm rarely seen wearing anything else than a Gaga/ Cher top, I've barely worn anything else for the last 12 years, I've spent a bloody fortune on merch! I definitely still buy CDs, I love having physically owning an album

yes omg you're my spirit animal πŸ˜‚ I'm rarely seen wearing anything else than a Gaga/ Cher top, I've barely worn anything else for the last 12 years, I've spent a bloody fortune on merch! I definitely still buy CDs, I love having physically owning an album
I've bought so much merch in the middle of the night - I need help πŸ˜‚

• Haha