Celebrities who never had or wanted children

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I came across this interesting article listing 40 celebrities who never had or wanted children.

I am sure there are many more, but some of these actually surprised me that they didn't have kids. Helen Mirren and Oprah i thought did, but they don't.

Anyone here know of other celebrities, be it A-list or otherwise who don't have kids?

I came across this interesting article listing 40 celebrities who never had or wanted children.

I am sure there are many more, but some of these actually surprised me that they didn't have kids. Helen Mirren and Oprah i thought did, but they don't.

Anyone here know of other celebrities, be it A-list or otherwise who don't have kids?
it’s a little out of date i think as rashida jones now has a child, but it’s a shame it’s a thing so worthy of not or explanation really. is there a list of celebrities explaining why they had children? it’s interesting to read the varying view points though.

do love marisa tomei’s quote - "I don't know why women need to have children to be seen as complete human beings."

Reactions: 10
Didn't Oprah have a baby when she was a very young teen. The baby was adopted. Very tragic circumstances I believe.

Reactions: 6
I’ve not read the article but seeing keanu reeve’s picture has compelled me to share that he likely did but was maybe traumatised after losing a child and then losing his partner separately.

He doesn't have any children as of now but the star had quite a traumatic experience in the past on this front. He had a child with his partner, actress Jennifer Syme in 1999 — a daughter named Ava Archer Syme-Reeves — who was stillborn on Christmas Eve. Ava was a premature baby, born eight months into pregnancy

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve not read the article but seeing keanu reeve’s picture has compelled me to share that he likely did but was maybe traumatised after losing a child and then losing his partner separately.

He doesn't have any children as of now but the star had quite a traumatic experience in the past on this front. He had a child with his partner, actress Jennifer Syme in 1999 — a daughter named Ava Archer Syme-Reeves — who was stillborn on Christmas Eve. Ava was a premature baby, born eight months into pregnancy
I didn't know this. Very sad indeed.

Reactions: 2

Julie Christie has never had kids. Don't know the reasons.

Reactions: 1
Aww I would have said Keanu did have a child, I remember that awful tragedy.

Reactions: 5
it’s a little out of date i think as rashida jones now has a child, but it’s a shame it’s a thing so worthy of not or explanation really. is there a list of celebrities explaining why they had children? it’s interesting to read the varying view points though.

do love marisa tomei’s quote - "I don't know why women need to have children to be seen as complete human beings."
I agree, it isn't important. I guess having children is almost always seen as the pinnacle of "achievement" for women. It shouldn't be the case or women judged for not having kids, but it is what it is.

Reactions: 4
70s supermodel and best pal of Jerry Hall, Marie Helvin has never had children, and never wanted them.

Reactions: 3
Pam Ferris and Brenda Blethyn, neither have children. Only know that as I love them as mother type figures, what I’d dream of my mother being like.

Didn't Oprah have a baby when she was a very young teen. The baby was adopted. Very tragic circumstances I believe.
I believe her son was born premature and didn't survive. Oprah was 14 at the time and had run away from home after years of abuse. A family member sold her story to the press when Oprah became famous.

• Sad
Reactions: 3

I remember when Jennifer died back in 2001. She had been at a party at Marilyn Manson's house and was driven home. For some reason, she decided to go back to the party, got in the car and it crashed with her dying at the scene as she hadn't been wearing a belt. She was drunk, had coke and prescription pills in her system and Manson was named in a lawsuit by her mother who claimed he was the one who gave her the coke. He denied it and it was eventually thrown out because while he may her gave her it (which he denied), she chose to get back in the car and got back.

Before she died, there were some crappy stories in the media at the time comparing how Jennifer and Keanu dealt with their loss, with many not coming right out and saying it, but pointing towards Keanu's actions of getting on with things as proof he didn't seem that bothered.

I would think Keanu should not be on the list, he obviously wanted a child, but tragically the child died.

Reactions: 6
Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie, Kylie, Jennifer Aniston....
Stevie was pregnant once with Don Henley being the father but chose ultimately not to have the baby. She has said if she carried on with the pregnancy and it would have been a girl, she would have called her Sara which is partially what the song of the same name is about. She said in a later interview that she didn't think she could do both...have a singing career and raising a child as she wouldn't have been able to deal with having a nanny watch the child most of the time. She also said she doubted FM would have carried on if she did continue with the pregnancy. As for Christine, she said in interviews she never found the right man that she could see herself having kids with, and like Stevie, she felt she had to choose between one or the other. Both said in later interviews that they know it is possible now but at the time, things were different.

Reactions: 4