Cat sore/swollen gums?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey when I took my cats for there boosters yesterday I was told by my the vet that the one cat needs it’s teeth cleaned and it’ll be £200 :-( obviously I’ll pay this but I’m a bit bummed that the expensive insurance I pay for... doesn’t cover it :( I’ve just bought a ton of dental cat stuff of pets a home... mouth wash, tooth paste, gels ... dental treats!! To help keep it at bay/improving at home! As I really cannot afford this atm but oh well cat comes first. But wondered if any one had any helpful tips to soothe them? Tricks to allow my cat to let me brush 😂 hahah! It’s his back teeth the gums are read and he has little ulcers must be very sore :-(

Oh no! Poor little chap. (And poor your finances too). one of our cats is a bit rubbish at eating (all round idiot and just sort of scoops and swallows) as a result she gets really dirty teeth that the vet has always managed to scrape away so far. Main advice with that was to try to get her things that she has to crunch which would in turn remove some of the debris.
that might not be very helpful at all! I mainly wanted to reply as a fellow cat owner fist bump!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sounds like gingivitis. Only thing that will fix it is dental surgery and possibly antibiotics

Reactions: 2
What Sozhun said. If you don't get it sorted properly by the vet now it will be a lot more expensive when it needs an op to remove said teeth as they've gone rotten! But you've done the right thing with all the dental stuff - once you've had its teeth cleaned you can use them to stave it off another deep clean.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Bit late to reply to this but I had the same thing with our cat. Took him for annual booster and was told this. Booked him in a few weeks ago and so glad I did it. Came to about £250 as paid a bit extra for him to go on a drip pre treatment. He seems to be eating better and generally happier. It will cost more in the future if it becomes worse and they need extractions etc.

Reactions: 1