Car recommendations family of 5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi
Wondering if you can help. We are on the lookout for a new car. We are a family of 5, 2 car seats as eldest son doesn’t use one anymore.

At the minute we have a Peugeot 107 I’ve had my beloved Tardis for 8 years! It’s seen through buggies, car seats. It’s £20 tax a year, so cheap to run and I just adore it.
Eldest son stays at his Dads at weekends when my husband his step dad is off work. So we are very rarely in the car the 5 of us, if that makes sense? As during the week husband is at work and I do schoolruns. Hence why while this wee Tardis is so cheap to run I’ve just kept it going as it gets us from A toB

However as the boys are getting older , after school sports clubs etc we will need a bigger car. I’m looking for something that is good on petrol, enough room in the back for three boys, and that the tax isn’t through the roof.
We don’t need a big 7 seater or anything just a roomy 5 seater.

Sorry for the rant and I’ll prob shed a tear when I sell my beloved Tardis

I need to have a 7 seater as I need 3 car seats in a row but if I didnt I would probably get a shortage or something. We did have a zafira but it conked out on us-never again!

Reactions: 1
I need to have a 7 seater as I need 3 car seats in a row but if I didnt I would probably get a shortage or something. We did have a zafira but it conked out on us-never again!
Aww thanks for this!! Yes that’s what I’m thinking due to not needing 3 car seats a roomy 5 seater would do the trick.
That’s so disappointing about your Zafira! I’ve read a few things about problems with them

I had a dacia stepway, great car. Loved it but had to get a 7 seater so had to sell it.

Reactions: 1
Not sure if it is available in the UK but Volkswagen Atlas is popular here, as well as Jeep Grand Cherokee, Kia Telluride, Ford Explorer, Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota Highlander/4runner, Range Rover Sport.

Only
Just a wee look at the stepway, thanks for the recommendation it’s a great car! And the used cost of them is in our budget. Thanks for this
Your very welcome,It is highly rated in the car magazines. only thing is the tax is 140 a year but good on fuel.