Car recommendations family of 5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi 👋🏻
Wondering if you can help. We are on the lookout for a new car. We are a family of 5, 2 car seats as eldest son doesn’t use one anymore.

At the minute we have a Peugeot 107 😂 I’ve had my beloved Tardis for 8 years! It’s seen through buggies, car seats. It’s £20 tax a year, so cheap to run and I just adore it.
Eldest son stays at his Dads at weekends when my husband his step dad is off work. So we are very rarely in the car the 5 of us, if that makes sense? As during the week husband is at work and I do schoolruns. Hence why while this wee Tardis is so cheap to run I’ve just kept it going as it gets us from A toB

However as the boys are getting older , after school sports clubs etc we will need a bigger car. I’m looking for something that is good on petrol, enough room in the back for three boys, and that the tax isn’t through the roof.
We don’t need a big 7 seater or anything just a roomy 5 seater.

Sorry for the rant and I’ll prob shed a tear when I sell my beloved Tardis 😂

I need to have a 7 seater as I need 3 car seats in a row but if I didnt I would probably get a shortage or something. We did have a zafira but it conked out on us-never again!

Reactions: 1
I need to have a 7 seater as I need 3 car seats in a row but if I didnt I would probably get a shortage or something. We did have a zafira but it conked out on us-never again!
Aww thanks for this!! Yes that’s what I’m thinking due to not needing 3 car seats a roomy 5 seater would do the trick.
That’s so disappointing about your Zafira! I’ve read a few things about problems with them 😬

I had a dacia stepway, great car. Loved it but had to get a 7 seater so had to sell it.

Reactions: 1
Not sure if it is available in the UK but Volkswagen Atlas is popular here, as well as Jeep Grand Cherokee, Kia Telluride, Ford Explorer, Nissan Pathfinder, Toyota Highlander/4runner, Range Rover Sport.

Only
Just a wee look at the stepway, thanks for the recommendation it’s a great car! And the used cost of them is in our budget. Thanks for this 🙌🏻
Your very welcome,It is highly rated in the car magazines. only thing is the tax is 140 a year but good on fuel.