Brittany Bathgate Rave

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi! As things are getting heated in the general one, let's have this one as a rave about.

Reactions: 1
I am here 😅 ~

Something I want to mention is how great of an example I feel her relationship with Dean is ... and the way they do stuff together around the house?
Like paint, build stuff, etc.. this for me is mind-blowing

I am here 😅 ~

Something I want to mention is how great of an example I feel her relationship with Dean is ... and the way they do stuff together around the house?
Like paint, build stuff, etc.. this for me is mind-blowing
It's very nice indeed but every relationship should be like that.. as in a partner helping you around the house (in my opinion that shows respect). They are very lucky that Dean can literally build sheds in a few hours on his own - my hubby is taking a carpentry course at the moment only so he can build stuff when we move into our house and that way we wouldn't have to outsource the work and it's gonna work out way cheaper in the end (but he is quite crafty and likes getting his hands dirty so I think that helps).

But I think it's just a thing you enjoy or not. I personally like to paint walls (I am not the best at it but I find it relaxing) while I have other friends who bought a house and outsourced every bit of work that needed done - their renovation is costing over £15.000 more than ours - and that only in the work needed around the house not furniture and etc - we are only paying for materials and someone coming to fix a staircase as that is more complicated and I don't want to try and do it myself and then fall through it or something).

But every couple is different. They do seem like a good match and I believe they have been together for years (I don't know exactly) so good for them.

• Heart
It's very nice indeed but every relationship should be like that.. as in a partner helping you around the house (in my opinion that shows respect). They are very lucky that Dean can literally build sheds in a few hours on his own - my hubby is taking a carpentry course at the moment only so he can build stuff when we move into our house and that way we wouldn't have to outsource the work and it's gonna work out way cheaper in the end (but he is quite crafty and likes getting his hands dirty so I think that helps).

But I think it's just a thing you enjoy or not. I personally like to paint walls (I am not the best at it but I find it relaxing) while I have other friends who bought a house and outsourced every bit of work that needed done - their renovation is costing over £15.000 more than ours - and that only in the work needed around the house not furniture and etc - we are only paying for materials and someone coming to fix a staircase as that is more complicated and I don't want to try and do it myself and then fall through it or something).

But every couple is different. They do seem like a good match and I believe they have been together for years (I don't know exactly) so good for them.

I agree 100%, but people are not even interested in learning how to build things on their own or even taking these sorts of courses :cry:
The reason why I noticed is because on YT is rare to find a couple like them that actually get their hands dirty~
Even when they set up the wood platform for the table and chairs outside it was super exciting to see.

Around the house, I do think both should do their part~ but in outside stuff or house related it was refreshing to see!

Omg 15.000 is a lot, but I can imagine people paying more for this kind of work!? I don't live in the UK but in Europe this type of work is usually expensive.

How long have you been watching her videos?

I love her. She seems like a thoroughly good egg & I’m inspired by her taste & style. I also love her taste in music and her generosity with sharing things like Spotify playlists. Through her I’ve discovered so many things - Headspace on Nike Run, that steamer she recommended, an artist. I don’t think she has affiliate links or sponsorships with these products, she is just sharing her passions & knowledge. I enjoy the pacing of her blogs & how grounded she & Dean are despite obviously having a lovely quality of life. Hats off to them.

• Heart
I still don’t understand the comments about fast fashion on the other thread haha. I make efforts with sustainability, massively reduced clothing consumption, buying second hand or better quality etc, always recycle, eat vegetarian, don't take excessive flights, try to be careful with purchases with packaging. Basically I’m not a flipping noob and I’d have said BB’s quality purchases are slow fashion? She doesn’t promote brands like Zara, ASOS, topshop etc from what I’ve seen

I agree. She buys quality, makes considered choices & looks after her stuff well. She prefers classic/modern styles that aren’t trendy & won’t date each season. I guess Arket et al are part of bigger global clothing companies that aren’t exactly squeaky clean, but they are the ranges I can afford. If she only chose designer or indie brands it would be frustrating price-wise.

Reactions: 2
I still don’t understand the comments about fast fashion on the other thread haha. I make efforts with sustainability, massively reduced clothing consumption, buying second hand or better quality etc, always recycle, eat vegetarian, don't take excessive flights, try to be careful with purchases with packaging. Basically I’m not a flipping noob and I’d have said BB’s quality purchases are slow fashion? She doesn’t promote brands like Zara, ASOS, topshop etc from what I’ve seen
Me neither tbh!~ I honestly think she is a great inspiration these days. Absolutely love her vlogs to bits and she is the only youtube I still watch from start to finish without wanting to close the video halfway through.
I also think some of the criticism made on the other thread is so exaggerated. She is by far one of the most thoughtful people in terms of purchases and the way she cares for clothes is 👌!
And while we are at it, I don't think her relationship with Dean is weird or strange at all. While they saw an awkward interaction during a meal I saw a comfortable couple just enjoy the moment without having to fill in the silences with awkward chitchat.

People nowadays have so much expectation from others, it irks me a lot ...

Reactions: 3
The other thread is actually getting a little out of hand. So many haters! I feel some of the points on the other thread are extremely harsh.
ooooft

Rave thread - loving Britters and her vlogs!
She really does set the standard in comparison to flaky Lizzys and Lindsay’s.