Brianna Ghey Murder Trial #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Following on from the previous thread.

Girl X and boy Y currently on trial for the murder of Brianna Ghey

The trial can be followed here.

Editing to add the link to the previous thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
The (for want of a better word) holes in this case are why they're being charged under joint enterprise, imo.

If they were being charged separately, then the points made by the defence/alternative witnesses and the fact the knife and other evidence weren't tested/examined in full are probably enough to raise reasonable doubt for the jury as to what happened.

As it is, with the pre-emptive planning over text etc, I don't think it matters who actually did the stabbing as under joint enterprise they are both clearly guilty of what they've been charged with.

I'm also not convinced the clothes that have been handed over and claimed to be what girl X was wearing on the day are the right ones...

Reactions: 29
Sorry just trying to catch up, are we expecting them both to be questioned in the stand?
That should give a lot more insight in to what they are both actually blaming each other for. What a harrowing case so far. This is the first case since the baby star live case I’ve followed as once I start I then have to follow it all the way through. It’s heart wrenching and I can not for one moment imagine how her family are coping every single day listening to this.

Reactions: 13
Thanks for the new thread! How much longer to we expect the trial to last?
Judge initially said 3 weeks, so we are only half way through? I don't know what else there is to cover though - we've had the planning, how they got there on the day, the weapon, the clothing, all the forensics.

They might call a psychiatrist or similar to the stand? I don't want to get in to the whole autism discussion again, plus I don't actually think they will use that in the evidence, however someone up thread questioned why boy Y would have taken the knife home if he wasn't culpable. It is possible they might ask a professional to testify that he was in a great deal of shock and wasn't thinking rationally?

I can't see either X or Y taking the stand, but I might be wrong of course. I think they would be heavily advised against it.

This is all me theorising as I can't see where they're gonna find another week and a half of court proceedings!

Reactions: 9
I hope the evil little bastards get a longer sentence for putting Brianna’s poor family through all this. Even all the talk today about blood and how it’s been distributed being talked about at length must be harrowing for them, this was their flesh and blood

Reactions: 28
Sorry just trying to catch up, are we expecting them both to be questioned in the stand?
That should give a lot more insight in to what they are both actually blaming each other for. What a harrowing case so far. This is the first case since the baby star live case I’ve followed as once I start I then have to follow it all the way through. It’s heart wrenching and I can not for one moment imagine how her family are coping every single day listening to this.
I definitely can't see Y taking the stand

Reactions: 3
Since its joint enterprise, does that mean they will get the exact same sentence if found guilty?

Reactions: 5
Judge initially said 3 weeks, so we are only half way through? I don't know what else there is to cover though - we've had the planning, how they got there on the day, the weapon, the clothing, all the forensics.

They might call a psychiatrist or similar to the stand? I don't want to get in to the whole autism discussion again, plus I don't actually think they will use that in the evidence, however someone up thread questioned why boy Y would have taken the knife home if he wasn't culpable. It is possible they might ask a professional to testify that he was in a great deal of shock and wasn't thinking rationally?

I can't see either X or Y taking the stand, but I might be wrong of course. I think they would be heavily advised against it.

This is all me theorising as I can't see where they're gonna find another week and a half of court proceedings!
Yeah this was kind of why I was asking - it feels like nearly everything is covered…

Reactions: 3
Someone also asked in the previous thread if it affects how defense lawyers act if they know whether their client did it or not.

I think they often deliberately don't ask if the defendant is guilty or not for this very reason.

Reactions: 11
They have to go with what their client tells them. It doesn't matter if they believe them or not.

They have to go with what their client tells them. It doesn't matter if they believe them or not.
Didn't Lucy Letby's defence say something like "this is a woman who believes she is not guilty" or something along those lines

Someone also asked in the previous thread if it affects how defense lawyers act if they know whether their client did it or not.

I think they often deliberately don't ask if the defendant is guilty or not for this very reason.
I'm sure I listened to a podcast once where they interviewed a defence lawyer and they said this exactly. That they would never ask directly if they've done it or not.

Reactions: 9
With Y’s communication challenges, i can’t see him taking the stand. I could see X wanting to take the stand to get her own point across.

The second Forensic person, she was for Y’s defence?

Reactions: 6
The second Forensic person, she was for Y’s defence?
She was called to the stand by Y's defence. The prosecution and X's defense got to cross examine her too.

It's normal for the defence to get second opinions from other professional witnesses when preparing the case. Obviously they wouldn't bother calling them to give evidence if the second opinions agreed with the prosecution though.

Reactions: 4
I'm also not convinced the clothes that have been handed over and claimed to be what girl X was wearing on the day are the right ones...
At least 3 pairs of leggings were taken from her room. They mentioned the 2 that were submitted for testing and then another pair that were taken but not tested (unsure why X's defence brought up the third pair tbh 😅) but is it "normal" to confiscate multiple items of the same type of clothing for testing, or was X maybe being vague about which pair she actually did wear?

Reactions: 4
"Justice Yip continues: “Later in the trial the defendants will have the opportunity to give evidence. I will explain any special arrangements for the defendants to give evidence at that stage.”"

Just found this in the judge's opening statement...

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.