Bought warranty and not recieved it!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help because the stress of this whole thing is getting to me now.

I bought a car in January from a car dealership in Poole. I purchased 12 months warranty alongside the car. I paid in full. I had to chase them for my v5, this took 3 weeks but I did receive it. In march my car needed work doing so I took it to my local garage and contacted the dealership as I needed the warranty reference. They ignored me, fobbed me off, said they would pay direct etc etc. After 3 weeks of harassing them they paid the garage bill. I had to borrow cars from family to get to and from work during this time.

I've contacted them numerous times regarding my warranty, they just ignore me. They blamed a 'administrative error' and seem to think that because they paid the garage bill that all is fine. The only time I've gotten a response from them is when I left a negative review on Google!

I've contacted Citizens Advice and they gave me a template to email to the dealership. I did so over 2 weeks ago, again no response.

Any ideas where to go from here? I want the warranty I paid for!

I'm guessing it's a used car? Did you buy it from a franchised dealership? If they're part of a group you can escalate your complaint.

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help because the stress of this whole thing is getting to me now.

I bought a car in January from a car dealership in Poole. I purchased 12 months warranty alongside the car. I paid in full. I had to chase them for my v5, this took 3 weeks but I did receive it. In march my car needed work doing so I took it to my local garage and contacted the dealership as I needed the warranty reference. They ignored me, fobbed me off, said they would pay direct etc etc. After 3 weeks of harassing them they paid the garage bill. I had to borrow cars from family to get to and from work during this time.

I've contacted them numerous times regarding my warranty, they just ignore me. They blamed a 'administrative error' and seem to think that because they paid the garage bill that all is fine. The only time I've gotten a response from them is when I left a negative review on Google!

I've contacted Citizens Advice and they gave me a template to email to the dealership. I did so over 2 weeks ago, again no response.

Any ideas where to go from here? I want the warranty I paid for!
Go public - contact your local newspaper and see if they will run a story?

Reactions: 1