Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Can I make a suggestion. If say a romance novel was picked can we say the following book should be a different genre. That way we read a variety of books

• Heart
Reactions: 23

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Evening all.

I've just counted the likes for all the books that were suggested and we have two 'winners' each with 12 likes. @Tit4Tattle's suggestion of Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover and @coconochanel's suggestion of The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell. Since I'm eager to get the book club up and running, I put both choices onto a random selector and it chose Reminders of Him for us. I hope everyone is OK with this method of choosing between the books.

Screenshot_20220207-192450_Amazon Shopping.jpg

We'll take the rest of February to read this book. Feel free to discuss any parts as you go along, but please, please use the spoiler function on here (click the three dots on the toolbar above the text box and it is an option there). Maybe start your post with 'I'm up to chapter 5' or 'Up to page 78' and then put the rest in the spoiler so people can choose whether to read or not.

Happy reading everyone!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 21

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Hello all. This book is the first one where we haven't all unanimously agreed/disagreed on it, the comments here have been good to read. It is interesting to me how we can all read the same book buy take different things from it.

I know one or two are still reading the Paper Palace (and do please still post your thoughts!) but I am keenly aware the end of the month is fast approaching.

Please start to suggest books for our July reads, The Paper Palace is listed as a romance novel so if we could avoid those for next month. July is our 6th book pick. A whole half year of Tattle Book Club. I am so glad people have stuck with it. It has been fun 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 16

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Morning all.

I know I said I'd do this at lunchtime today but I have had a few last minute appointments crop up so I have tallied the votes up now as I won't have time until tomorrow if I didn't do it this morning.

The final list of likes is:

April 2022 Book

The Club by Ellery Lloyd - 12 votes
The Curfew by T.M. Logan - 10 votes
The Maid by Nita Prose - 10 votes
Run Rose Run by Dolly Parton and James Patterson - 9 votes
The Appeal by Janice Hallet - 7 votes
The Truth About Julia by Anna Schnaffer - 7 votes
Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner - 6 votes
Still Life by Saran Winman - 5 votes
Circe by Madeline Miller - 4 votes

So April's book club pick is @nbt's suggestion of The Club by Ellery Road.

Screenshot_20220331-065101_Dolphin.jpg

For some reason the paperback copy of this book is more expensive that the hardback edition on Amazon. The Kindle version is significantly cheaper - £2.99. I couldn't find a better paperback price anyway other than Amazon. I like to buy a physical copy of book club books but I will read this on Kindle, of course this is one of only 2 books suggested this month that I don't already own!

This book is a Reese Witherspoon book club pick as well and she usually picks well, I try and read her books every month, so I'm killing two birds with one stone.

I thought for sure we would be reading another book this month, our selections always surprise me.

Happy reading, looking forward to the discussions - but please use the spoiler function (click the three little dots on three toolbar above the text box you write in) to discuss.

@Oohthedrama if you have a few spare seconds could you please edit the thread title to reflect the new book choice. Thank you! 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 15

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Evening all.

Below I have linked directly to each post that has a suggestion for Marchs book club book. I don't know if it's because I am not such a romance book fan but last month I was kind of like "oh, ok, any book...." but this month there are several books that I would genuinely like to read and will find their way to my TBR even if they are not selected here.

Please make sure you have liked any post that contains a book that interests you before Monday 28th at 12noon when I will count up the likes and the one with the most will be our March book club pick.

Detransition, Baby by Torrey Peters.

Music for Torching by A.M. Holmes

The Coward by Jarred McGinniss

The Man Who Died Twice by Richard Osman

Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi

Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

The Weekend Away by Sarah Alderson

The Maid: A Novel by Nita Prowse

The Twyford Code by Janet Hallett

Notes on an Execution by Danya Kukafka

Flowets for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

The Forgotten Home Child by Genevieve Graham

The Heights by Louise Candlish

The Twins by L.V. Matthews

Happy selecting, I am already looking forward to this month's choice! 📖

Smca53

VIP Member
I just spent longer than I’d care to admit trying to work out why Amazon wouldn’t let me buy the book and then finally noticed this at the top

869E5842-4285-417A-98AE-7902373DD7F7.jpeg

😭

• Haha

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Here we are!

February read;
58C12EF1-4424-4543-9EC1-AA8B9E125AA5.jpeg

How shall we go about picking books? I kind of like @nbt idea of picking books like we do thread titles here. So you could post "Book Nomination : book title" and then the one with the most likes is our choice, in a specified time frame.

March book choice;
Evening all.

I hope you are all doing OK.

This afternoon I have tallied up all of this month's suggestions likes, as with last month we have two 'winners' and I wish used the Wheel of Names to help me decide.

March 2022 Book

The Twins by L.V. Matthews - 14 likes
Pachinko by Min Jin Lee - 14 likes
The Heights by Louise Candlish - 12 likes
The Weekend Away by Sarah Alderson - 11 likes
Man Who Died Twice by Richard Osman - 11 likes
The Maid by Nita Prowse - 9 likes
Notes on an Execution by Danya Kukafka - 8 likes
Detransition, Baby by Torry Peters - 6 likes
Transcent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi - 5 likes
The Forgotten Children by Genevieve Graham 4 likes
Music for Torching by A.M. Homes - 3 likes
The Coward by Jared McGinniss - 3 likes
The Twyford Code by Janice Hallett - 2 likes
Flowers for Algernon by Daniek Keyes - 2 Likes

And so the Wheel of Names chose between The Twins and Pachinko. Choosing Pachinko, I have attached the video showing that.

So, March's book club book is @epl000's suggestion Pachinko by Min Jin Lee.

View attachment 1094157

As a head up this book is available for free if you have Kindle Unlimited, then of course available for purchase from all the usual places.

Happy reading everyone. I'm looking forward to this month's discussion, this book has been on my TBR for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Evening all.

I hope you are all doing OK.

This afternoon I have tallied up all of this month's suggestions likes, as with last month we have two 'winners' and I wish used the Wheel of Names to help me decide.

March 2022 Book

The Twins by L.V. Matthews - 14 likes
Pachinko by Min Jin Lee - 14 likes
The Heights by Louise Candlish - 12 likes
The Weekend Away by Sarah Alderson - 11 likes
Man Who Died Twice by Richard Osman - 11 likes
The Maid by Nita Prowse - 9 likes
Notes on an Execution by Danya Kukafka - 8 likes
Detransition, Baby by Torry Peters - 6 likes
Transcent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi - 5 likes
The Forgotten Children by Genevieve Graham 4 likes
Music for Torching by A.M. Homes - 3 likes
The Coward by Jared McGinniss - 3 likes
The Twyford Code by Janice Hallett - 2 likes
Flowers for Algernon by Daniek Keyes - 2 Likes

And so the Wheel of Names chose between The Twins and Pachinko. Choosing Pachinko, I have attached the video showing that.

So, March's book club book is @epl000's suggestion Pachinko by Min Jin Lee.

Screenshot_20220228-185320_Dolphin.jpg

As a head up this book is available for free if you have Kindle Unlimited, then of course available for purchase from all the usual places.

Happy reading everyone. I'm looking forward to this month's discussion, this book has been on my TBR for a long time.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14

epl000

VIP Member
I nominate Pachinko by Min Jin Lee - it was nominated last time and is still on my TBR.

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I's like to nominate Every Summer After by Carley Fortune. This is currently a 99p Kindle read and I know several of us on the book thread have purchased it already.

Five summers to fall in love. One moment to fall apart. A weekend to get it right.

A magazine writer has to make a choice when she returns to the lake she grew up on, and to the man she thought she'd never have to live without, in this achingly nostalgic debut.

They say you can never go home again, and for Persephone Fraser that has felt too true for the last decade, ever since she made the biggest mistake of her life. Instead of glittering summers on the lakeshore of her childhood, she spends them in a stylish apartment in the city, going out with friends, and keeping everyone a safe distance from her heart. Until the day she gets a call that sends her racing back to Barry's Bay and into the orbit of Sam Florek

Amazon product

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I have tallied up the votes for our November 2022 book

November 2022 Book

The Herd by Emily Edwards - 12 likes

Things We Do in the Dark by Jennifer Hillier - 10 likes

Road Ends by Mary Lawson - 6 likes

Recovering Alice by Catherine Morrison - 3 likes

So November's book club choice is The Herd by Emily Edwards, which was @Caffeine Fiend's hattrick of suggestions.

Amazon product

This book is currently 99p on Kindle, this will change on 1st November. I think this is a great book for a book club read. I suspect I may be an outlier on this, but as always we can disagree without needing to go at each others throats. This book is sure to divide opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Apologies for my tardiness, I was celebrating my birthday.

I have added up the votes for the books nominated for December and they are:

December 2022 Book

Every Summer After by Carley Fortune - 14 likes

The Night Shift by Alex Finlay - 7 likes

The Santa Killer by Ross Greenwood - 5 likes

This is Happiness by Niall Williams - 5 likes

The Good Nurse by Charles Graeber - 4 likes

Which means our December book is Every Summer After by Carley Fortune. I know a lot of us have already purchased this based on the regular book thread, but in case you haven't it is a 99p deal which will change on 1st December.

Amazon product

Happy reading! And again I am sorry I left it so late to add up the votes.

• Heart

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
This is my suggestion for November. The Herd by Emily Edwards. Itl be 99p until the end of the month. Thought it seemed like a good one for discussion.

Two best friends

Elizabeth and Bryony are polar opposites but their unexpected friendship has always worked. They're the best of friends, and godmothers to each other's daughters - because they both trust that the safety of their children is their top priority.

One little secret

Little do they know that they differ radically over one very important issue. And when Bryony, afraid of being judged, tells what is supposed to be a harmless white lie before a child's birthday party, the consequences are more catastrophic than either of them could ever have imagined.

Every parent's worst nightmare . . .

Deal: The Herd: the unputdownable must-read Richard & Judy book club pick of 2022 Amazon product

• Heart

Marylou

VIP Member
I've hit my Goodreads target of 80/80 books this year. Didn't get fireworks so providing my own lol 🎊🎊🎊🎉🎉🎉🎉

• Haha

qwikti

Chatty Member
I nominate Pachinko by Min Jin Lee! I believe it's free for Kindle Unlimited or Prime users!

1643932634017.png