Blogilates

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Havent seen a thread on here about her so...

Background: Cassey Ho is the face of blogilates. She used to teach pilates when she was in college, posted lots of free pilates workouts on Youtube in the early 2010s but in more recent years with the rise of instagram and tiktok, she has started doing all these strange 90 day challenges, to lose weight or build muscle for the sake of "health" but is actually because she's constantly obsessing over her physical appearance.

Used to love Cassey back in the pre-instagram fitness era. As a teenager I did her POP pilates videos secretly in my room lol. Now I think she's lost herself a bit - she seems constantly hung up with her body image, trying to build muscle using extremely inefficient workout techniques just to "feel something" and always needs to eat the "healthier" versions of things like cloud bread (what is that?) and egg whites. When people have constructively called her out on this, she brands them as "haters." I fear this extremely disordered behaviour will influence many of her impressionable followers to develop the same toxic thoughts about food and exercise. She is currently on a muscle building phase to supposedly reclaim her days when she training for a bikini comp but I don't buy that at all.

Reactions: 7
I had to unfollow her as she was making me feel too critical about my body. She has become way too obsessive over food and what she looks like.

I was surprised to see she's doing another challenge. I always liked her workouts because they were fun and you could find a video for every muscle group to make sure you got a well-rounded workout session.
After that slim-down challenge a few years ago I thought - and hoped - that'd be it. She looks absolutely great and fine and doesn't need to sculpt more or lose more weight. Sure workouts can improve your looks but hers centred around doing something FUN, not just losing weight. Sure fitness is her life but she doesn't need to track her weight, fat and muscle mass every single day. That can't be good for your mental health.
When she posts her meals, I see only veggies and protein, never any conventional carbs in bread, pasta or potatoes. You do need some carbs!

What do you guys think about the downloadable calendars? I thought they were handy but when I look at them I just sigh immediately... it's the same reason why I didn't follow through on Kayla Itsines's programs, because I just don't have the energy to work out 6 days a week. After a day of work I crash.

Reactions: 3
What annoys me about her is that she always makes a big deal out of her food intolerances. Yes we get bloated after eating food...because there's food in our stomachs. It doesn't necessarily mean you're intolerant to it and it needs to be avoided forever. The weird DNA tests to confirm her food anxieties and this new prawn+exercise "allergy" is the icing on the cake for me.

Reactions: 6
What annoys me about her is that she always makes a big deal out of her food intolerances. Yes we get bloated after eating food...because there's food in our stomachs. It doesn't necessarily mean you're intolerant to it and it needs to be avoided forever. The weird DNA tests to confirm her food anxieties and this new prawn+exercise "allergy" is the icing on the cake for me.
She definitely has a very small and limited list of foods she considers "allowed". I think it's kind of toxic to label foods to good and bad.

So glad this lady has a thread.
She is absolutely self obsessed and orthorexic

peddles such unhealthy views about food under the guise of health

and don’t get me started on her ‘designs’ absolute crap.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
did anyone catch in her q+a that she's allergic to alcohol because it "tastes like poison" and it makes her face go mahogany? Cassey that's not an allergy. That's just Asian flush combined with the fact she probably just doesn't like the taste. Tbh, I think she is secretly smug about her aversion to alcohol as it makes her look even more health conscious.

I keep on getting her yt shorts about ‘designing’ her activewear range and everything is…well, ugly? 😅

Reactions: 4
Every time I see her promoting new athletic wear and she says it’s squat proof and then shoves it right in the cameras face. No thanks. Also the items are so expensive.

It gets so tiring watching her obsess over negative comments - which she’s once again doing in her newest post. It’s fine if she’s over posting workouts now, but once again framing it as “waaaah it’s because people are MEAN” is so exhausting.

I’m not saying I can’t imagine how it would take a toll, but for every one mean comment she gets, she gets hundreds of supportive ones and then just obsessively focuses on anything slightly negative. All it does is turn off people who actually do like her. I had to unfollow her because of it, I’ve never known a grown woman to be so insanely thin skinned.

I used to do some of Casseys workout ages ago. I still follow her on IG out of curiosity.
She really puts too much effort into addressing negative comments. Making a big deal out of it will just encourage more!

One of my biggest bugbears is how she goes around different Target stores rearranging her workout products on display. I know she’s obviously proud of what she has achieved, but hadn’t she got anything else better to do? 🤷🏻‍♀️ I cringed when she posted a picture of herself posing with her nutritional supplements in store today 🙄

I used to watch her pilates videos (while doing pilates of course) a few years ago (is it 10 years ago now? I don't remember). anyway, I even bought her book with workouts in it back then. now I can't get rid of it. lol