Being offered a job your not sure about

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If your offered a job and your not sure to accept it what do you do?
I went for an interview yesterday and it went well but I’m not 100% sure if it’s something I want. After all the drama and stress of my last job I want to make sure I’m not in that situation again. I’ve got another interview next week for a different company so want to keep my options open.
The person doing the interview yesterday said she would probably ring me today to let me know, I’m not sure what to do if she offers me the job?

Reactions: 1
Go with your gut instinct. If you are not quite sure, ask yourself why? Is it because you are worried you will end up in the same situation as your last job, or something doesn’t feel quite right. Ask yourself what are you top 3 priorities in a new job to feel happy and fulfilled in it and try and assess if this new job has the potential to meet them. Good luck 🤞

Reactions: 6
If your offered a job and your not sure to accept it what do you do?
I went for an interview yesterday and it went well but I’m not 100% sure if it’s something I want. After all the drama and stress of my last job I want to make sure I’m not in that situation again. I’ve got another interview next week for a different company so want to keep my options open.
The person doing the interview yesterday said she would probably ring me today to let me know, I’m not sure what to do if she offers me the job?
I’m in the same situation! I have an interview today for a job that’s not really what I want to do but it’s a good company and position, it’s just a different department to what I’ve done and want to do long term and the day to day work would be very dry and boring.

You can always say yes and leave if you don’t like it and not mention it on your CV. I guess it depends on your finances and if you feel you have to say yes for now? If she does offer it to you you could ask her if you could think about it for a couple of days and if she could send you an outline of all the benefits, the offer and contract for you to take your time to review and this could be a good delay tactic?

Reactions: 2
Thank you
I think the problem is I’m so lucky to be in a situation where I can afford to be fussy for a bit. I’ve had so many crap jobs and the last one mentally was awful. I think I’m just so worried about making the same mistake.
I think that’s a really good idea to ask her if she can send it in writing so I can review it. I just don’t want to say yes straight away wasting both mine and their time

Reactions: 1
Have you checked on Glassdoor? Companies aren’t allowed to remove negative reviews so it’s a good way of seeing if there is a theme with people’s comments

Reactions: 3
No, you wouldn't be asking on here if you felt it would be the right decision. I bet if you're offered it your first feeling will be angst and apprehension, whereas if you don't get it, I bet your first feeling will be relief.

No, you wouldn't be asking on here if you felt it would be the right decision. I bet if you're offered it your first feeling will be angst and apprehension, whereas if you don't get it, I bet your first feeling will be relief.
This is so true…I just found out I never got it..I’m so relieved 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It’s a local company with very mixed reviews 😬
Honestly I think if the reviews are very mixed I would focus more on the negative ones, I know in my company (many awful reviews) all of the positive ones are written by management