Great British Bake Off 2021 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently Rahul also kissed 'Mr Spatula' back in 2018, so I suspect all the contestants will be keen to do it in 2022.

Reactions: 10
I didn’t mind Crystelle either - other than the Nan stuff but I am sure the show grooms that out of people in a misguided belief it makes you connect - it’s the same on the Repair Shop. Hate it.

Reactions: 5
Congratulations Giuseppe!
Got worried after the technical, but after the showstopper I knew Chrystelle wouldn't win (phew!) but I was still dreading them giving it to Chigs.

Reactions: 7
Agree with previous posts that technically this was the worst final ever by a country mile, not helped by the lack of Jürgen. Chigs saying he learnt his pastry technique from Jürgen just about summed it up. A complete mess of a series. I used to love Bake Off, they've ruined it for me year on year. That Best Home Cook thing on the BBC is the best amateur cooking show on the telly now IMHO.

Reactions: 18
My husband, who has only ever watched this series said - they’re struggling with carrot cake?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
The low key shade.. Jurgen I didn’t think I could love you any more but *chefs kiss*

Bake a perfect carrot cake next king 👑

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I've just seen an advert for the great Australian bake off on more 4, 6th of December !

Reactions: 7
Someone said that Juergen is the real life Winnie the Pooh and I truly cannot unsee it. I love that man.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Justice has been served. Wondering if he was branded difficult because he went back to Milan instead of joining in with the road trip. quite right to go home to his Dad instead of pandering to the producers. Well done Giuseppe,
Who branded him difficult? That seems unfair!

Reactions: 6
The finale was a bit of a damp squib for me I’m afraid. I’m kinda surprised Giuseppe won because he failed at the technical and his first one wasn’t that great and it seems that his showstopper was the best one whereas Crystelle had a similar first bake, won the technical and her showstopper was 3/4.
I really like Crystelle - although I do find her being so surprised all the time she does something good a bit wearing I don’t understand why some people dislike her so.

I’m not sure we will see much of Giuseppe after this because he’s moved back to Italy (which makes sense, especially with his ill father) and I’m kinda glad about that? Nothing against him, he’s a great baker but I’m getting bored of people going on the show and then trying to become celebrity chefs. It’s a bit like Big Brother where towards the end everyone seemed to go on it to become media personalities instead of just to enjoy the show?

I think the series needs a massive revamp and I’d start with removing Matt. He just doesn’t work and those ‘comedy’ pieces he does are terrible. I would quite happily get rid of both judges and presenters because it’s just so tired. Personally I would like to see some older bakers in, the plus 65 age range and the technicals or bakes not to be ridiculously complicated. I think the most simple of tasks (such as a Victoria sponge) can be the easiest to mess up sometimes because it’s just so simple.

Some people complained (not on this site but on Twitter and such) that they didn’t like that contestants came from different backgrounds and it was trying to be ‘woke’ - I personally have no problem with the different nationalities. I love seeing how each contestant brings their own flair and culture to their cooking.

Sorry for the essay! Be great to hear how you’d all improve the show - will you be watching it next year?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think the most simple of tasks (such as a Victoria sponge) can be the easiest to mess up sometimes because it’s just so simple.
This would be the sort of technical where the only instructions given would be "make a Victoria sponge". That in itself would be the challenge. And it would be great.

Reactions: 15
This would be the sort of technical where the only instructions given would be "make a Victoria sponge". That in itself would be the challenge. And it would be great.
That would be great! Because I would imagine most people know the basics of a Victoria Sponge but there could be certain nuances that could change the outcome. Ooo this sounds fun!

Also if they do food from a different country let it change every series. This year it was Germany. Next year let it be Russia or Sweden or something.

Reactions: 6
I didn't watch the finale and honestly don't see myself trying to. Unfortunately, I know viewership was up this year, so I'm sure the programme and its producers see no reason to shake things up.

Was there an Extra Slice episode for the final? I've been waiting for days for it to go up on all4 but it's still not there! 😅

Was there an Extra Slice episode for the final? I've been waiting for days for it to go up on all4 but it's still not there! 😅
it's being shown just after midnight tonight (12.05am) C4 if you have means to record it

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm the only person in the world who liked Chrystelle.
i liked her too. i think whatever emotion/reaction women have is considered fake it’s weird. they are confident so they are conceded but if they aren’t confident than they are being fake. they can’t be too happy or too sad etc. imo

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.