Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

OhDearFords

Chatty Member
Re the Nick allegations, I hope it's not true for many reasons. He definitely went through a very troubled period with drink and drugs and definitely did not have good role models - not that that's an excuse at all. He seems such a nice bloke now, very together, very in love with his family and quite ordinary in many ways (as ordinary as a rich celeb gets). It's such a shame though how with allegations now against celebrities there seems to be more question over the motive than if it was a normal guy being accused of something.

I absolutely love Kevin's instagram posts, his wife is lovely and they seem to have so much outdoorsy fun together. I unfollowed Brian a while ago - all the Trump shite was too much for me. Also I think his wife has some issues, mainly being a bigot. Her views of LGBTQ+ are appalling, as well as her views on basically anyone who isn't white and american. :sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 6

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Arron is a disaster. Watching his decline is scary. I really hope he gets some serious help soon. No wonder Nick has a restraining order against him. I am sure that was quite painful for him to do but a necessity. I had no idea he was accused of animal abuse. Absolute lowlife.
did anyone watch the backstreet boys documentary a few years ago where Brian couldnā€™t sing. Nick was always my fave.
That whole family is a disaster. Parents are apparently huge weirdos who stole the kids money, the sister committing suicide by overdose, Aaron accusing both her and Nick of sexual abuse on him, that weird ass documentary with that clip of Aaron and Nick fighting and it seemed very...off, Nick being accused multiple times of sexual and physical abuse and rape, including of a minor, Aaron stating Nick was physically abusive to Paris Hilton when they were dating and Paris liking the tweet, Aaronā€™s complete downfall including rehab, face tattoos, drugs, onlyfans and pretending he was bisexual for the whole of five minutes...

Reactions: 6

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Brian's wife was booked on the American Airlines flight which crashed into one of the twin towers but she cancelled a few hours before to spend time with Brian. She was supposed to be travelling with a BSB crew member who did get the flight and obviously died.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5

Badirene

VIP Member
Arron is a disaster. Watching his decline is scary. I really hope he gets some serious help soon. No wonder Nick has a restraining order against him. I am sure that was quite painful for him to do but a necessity. I had no idea he was accused of animal abuse. Absolute lowlife.
did anyone watch the backstreet boys documentary a few years ago where Brian couldnā€™t sing. Nick was always my fave.
There was a bonkers story out in 2004 Aaron was suing his mother for illegally accessing his banks account and stealing his stuff, included in the listed items she stole was the one million dollars in gifts that Bruce Willis ( yes THAT Bruce Willis) bought for Aaron, the original story was on MSNBC but has since been wiped, links are still online. That poor kid was being passed around and exploited, I would place good money in that. Like wtf would Bruce Willis be buying a teen pop idol a million in gifts?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5

lira

VIP Member
Re the Nick allegations, I hope it's not true for many reasons. He definitely went through a very troubled period with drink and drugs and definitely did not have good role models - not that that's an excuse at all. He seems such a nice bloke now, very together, very in love with his family and quite ordinary in many ways (as ordinary as a rich celeb gets). It's such a shame though how with allegations now against celebrities there seems to be more question over the motive than if it was a normal guy being accused of something.

I absolutely love Kevin's instagram posts, his wife is lovely and they seem to have so much outdoorsy fun together. I unfollowed Brian a while ago - all the Trump shite was too much for me. Also I think his wife has some issues, mainly being a bigot. Her views of LGBTQ+ are appalling, as well as her views on basically anyone who isn't white and american. :sick:
I was never a Kevin fan growing up, found him dull as dust next to AJ šŸ˜‚ but as I've gotten older, I've grown to appreciate him more, like the fact that he was the one that kept pushing for AJ and Nick to get help when they needed it.

Reactions: 4

HockyRorror

VIP Member
That poor kid was being passed around and exploited, I would place good money in that. Like wtf would Bruce Willis be buying a teen pop idol a million in gifts?
Similar to Usher and P Diddy buying gifts for teenage Justin Bieber. Loads of awful sounding rumours surrounding those three too.

• Wow

Herefortheteeeee

That whole family is a disaster. Parents are apparently huge weirdos who stole the kids money, the sister committing suicide by overdose, Aaron accusing both her and Nick of sexual abuse on him, that weird ass documentary with that clip of Aaron and Nick fighting and it seemed very...off, Nick being accused multiple times of sexual and physical abuse and rape, including of a minor, Aaron stating Nick was physically abusive to Paris Hilton when they were dating and Paris liking the tweet, Aaronā€™s complete downfall including rehab, face tattoos, drugs, onlyfans and pretending he was bisexual for the whole of five minutes...
It seems that because nick was who he was, it was covered up. There was the one girl from the girl group ā€˜Dreamā€™ who claimed she was raped by him and she was just ignored and she was basically told to shut up because of who he was. That boy band era was quite toxic because they could have whoever they wanted and they did. Girls would through themselves at these men and Iā€™m sure any red blooded man would take advantage of that. However, there are boundaries and many also didnā€™t know those.
Arron seriously needs some help.

I also find it quite bizarre that Arron is pretty much the only one who defends Lou Pearlman in the Lance Bass YouTube documentary.

• Wow

OhDearFords

Chatty Member
Just wondered if anyone else was following them at the moment and what their thoughts were on Brian (or more specifically his wife Leighann) and recent solo pursuits the boys have followed.

I have been a big fan since around 1994 so I generally have a very positive attitude towards them. Hoping for some more music soon from them.

But Brianā€™s support of Trump and most recently his Covid-denying (or mask refusing) activities have been quite concerning and, I imagine quite alienating to a lot of their audience.

I like Nickā€™s latest single (80s Movie) and enjoyed his performance as the crocodile in the US version of the Masked Singer - he still has a good voice. He has hinted at further solo material coming out soon.

AJ on Dancing With The Stars in the US was also great to watch.

And while not strictly BSB-related (and I know Nick has distanced himself significantly from his brother) but Aaron Carter has been quite the shit show recently with animal abuse accusations, drug abuse, constant lying, scamming his followers/fans by buying those dreadful hoodies and not shipping etc etc.

Anyone else?! Or is it just me šŸ˜³šŸ˜¬

• Wow

liar liar

VIP Member
Just wondered if anyone else was following them at the moment and what their thoughts were on Brian (or more specifically his wife Leighann) and recent solo pursuits the boys have followed.

I have been a big fan since around 1994 so I generally have a very positive attitude towards them. Hoping for some more music soon from them.

But Brianā€™s support of Trump and most recently his Covid-denying (or mask refusing) activities have been quite concerning and, I imagine quite alienating to a lot of their audience.

I like Nickā€™s latest single (80s Movie) and enjoyed his performance as the crocodile in the US version of the Masked Singer - he still has a good voice. He has hinted at further solo material coming out soon.

AJ on Dancing With The Stars in the US was also great to watch.

And while not strictly BSB-related (and I know Nick has distanced himself significantly from his brother) but Aaron Carter has been quite the shit show recently with animal abuse accusations, drug abuse, constant lying, scamming his followers/fans by buying those dreadful hoodies and not shipping etc etc.

Anyone else?! Or is it just me šŸ˜³šŸ˜¬
Not my thing but I wish you luck on your thread šŸ˜

• Haha

OhDearFords

Chatty Member
I agree! Nick is the cutest dad. He loves it and itā€™s brilliant to see! I bet he will really miss them on when they go back on tour!

Aarons fight was mental- it looked like a kid fighting his dad. I canā€™t believe Aaron is going to be a dad. Letā€™s hope itā€™s the making of him!
Fingers crossed. I sadly don't think they're going to be bringing that baby into a stable, caring, nurturing home though. He doesn't even have a good track record with dogs. But yes let's hope it'll be the making of him, for the baby's sake.

Reactions: 3

Runningtap

Loved, loved, loved the Backstreet Boys growing up - when I went to Orlando when I was small I kept a look out for Nick everywhere when we went to Tampa as that was where he was from šŸ¤£

itā€™s been interesting following them over recent years and how their lives have panned out.

Did anyone watch the E show years ago ā€˜At home with the Carterā€™s?ā€™ Such an eye opener and I think it was well before Nick lost one of his sisters? It was car crash TV but I couldnā€™t stop watching.

I canā€™t remember the last I saw them live: must be about 10 years ago now but I was so disappointed: they just had backing tracks on a giant boom box on stage and I just like it was minimal effort and so lazy: a million miles away from their original shows

Iā€™ll always have a soft spot for them though.

I remember when the Lou Pearlman stuff came out and being so shocked. Wasnā€™t he behind O-Town as well? Aaaah Ashley šŸ˜

OhDearFords

Chatty Member
I was never a Kevin fan growing up, found him dull as dust next to AJ šŸ˜‚ but as I've gotten older, I've grown to appreciate him more, like the fact that he was the one that kept pushing for AJ and Nick to get help when they needed it.
Like the father figure neither of them had, as cheesy as that sounds

• Heart

sarahjay

I didnā€™t see Kevinā€™s tweet, what did he say? Iā€™m also unsure how theyā€™ll come back. I think outside the US theyā€™re probably fine still but a lot of US fans are pretty divided over it all
He tweeted an article from cosmopolitan ā€œI lost my friend to Qanonā€ and captioned it with ā€œinteresting readā€ and someone else aimed at Trump/Trump supporters. Will be interesting to see what happens when the pandemic is over.

I used to fancy Aaron and Nick back in the day but reading this thread makes me think this would no longer be the case hahaha. I had no idea about all the drama!
You should follow Aaron on insta! Itā€™s madness!

Herefortheteeeee

TeaAndYoutube

Oh I loved BSB back in the day! I also secretly listened to some N'Sync music as well but would never have admitted it back then because you had to pick a side! :ROFLMAO:

I always had a crush on Brian but I'm not surprised by his views now. I get a 'I'm superior and everyone else is inferior' vibe from him. He always seemed to be too squeaky clean compared to his bandmates.

I've found the 2015 documentary Show em what what you're made of. Going to watch it tonight! Never seen it before.

Yes, Pearlman was responsible for O-Town as well. I remember their tv show and then Ashley Parker Angel had a spin-off or two after that. Whatever happened to him? 90s boy bands and boyband culture was toxic but damn if it doesn't bring back some nostalgia. I remember watching one of their tv concerts I think it was on the Disney Channel. My brother walked into the room and told me that they only wore ear pieces because it was playing the song/lyrics through them. I remember it made me so upset. I loudly and proudly proclaimed that he was wrong and that the boys knew the words to their own songs :LOL::LOL:

• Haha

sarahjay

I have been following this for a while. I honestly canā€™t see how they can come back from this (Brian and his wifeā€™s views) I canā€™t imagine them all being in a room again together. Did anyone see what Kevin tweeted? Seems thereā€™s a rift

Reactions: 2

LDNtea

VIP Member
Looks like tonightā€™s ā€œcanā€™t sleepā€ rabbit hole will be the Carterā€™s then... what in baby Jesus name did I miss!

• Haha

OhDearFords

Chatty Member
Did anyone see the Aaron Carter "fight"?? I saw some clips - funniest thing ever. He was running away at one point in that ring. Then after being knocked out says afterwards that he "fought like a lion" :ROFLMAO:

Quite enjoying all the loved up Nick posts with his new baby daughter. I know insta is only a snapshot but he does seem to be such an active dad, it's great to see.

• Haha