Baby tooth extraction: wobbly but just won’t fall out

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kiddo has a wobbly tooth that’s been hanging on for dear life for about 18 months now! Dentist wants to extract because it’s starting to affect the adult teeth. Can anyone tell us what to expect on the day? It’s an NHS dentist. I’ve scared myself googling but I think I’m finding all the gum extraction stuff when this one seems to be just whipping it out?

Has anyone had anything similar?

Reactions: 1
My eldest had to have an extraction for similar reasons. I’m not going to lie…it was brutal. - from what I heard, I couldn’t go as I am a fainter with blood. My mum and husband took her. They literally just grip it and crack it out. No anaesthesia or anything. I think it must be the equivalent of ‘ripping a plaster off’. Husband said the worst part was that on the first attempt she wiggled a bit and the tool slipped and so they had to go back for it. I think keeping her still was hard and she was petrified. But she was bribed with a happy meal/small toy and no lasting effects. She was 6/7 at the time. Doesn’t remember it now. She’s 11. Hope all goes well 😬

My son had it and it was fine. They used some numbing gel, I think that helped him more psychologically, and quickly pulled it with a tool. Minimal bleeding and he didn’t really feel anything.

Thank you! That makes me feel a bit better because I wasn’t sure if it would be a quick rip it out job or a mess around with loads of tools! He won’t like it but it’ll be quick hopefully! Bribery sounds like a good plan too 😁

Shouldn’t take too long at all to extract a baby tooth, please don’t worry!! They will probably use the number gel and remove it quickly, they normally don’t bleed much and don’t require much after care. Don’t know how old your child is or which tooth it is, but they may use LA. Normally it’s topical gel and the tooth is gone in seconds