Azeem Rafiq

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The cricketer, who suffered horrible racist abuse while at Yorkshire Cricket Club. It now turns out that several years previously he made various anti-Semitic comments in texts to friends, and now a young woman has come forward to say that he sent her pervy texts after they met on a plane - she was 16 at the time, pretending to be 17.

Azeem Rafiq accused of sending 'creepy' texts to teenage girl | Daily Mail Online

Seems like he should have investigated his own past before blowing the whistle - I dont condone what he suffered at all, but he doesnt sound like a nice guy either.

In the other guys apology statement he said 'I'm sure he regrets some of the things he said to me as well' which kind of suggested he gave as good as he got sometimes. Who knows though.

Reactions: 1
I’m surprised this thread isn’t more active! This is such a sensitive subject but one I can understand why people don’t want to go near.

My opinion is that nothing counteracts the horrific abuse he received and nor should it. But he should also be held equally to account for his actions, I’ve been people claiming that because he raised his concerns first and someone went looking for his tweets they should be ignored, I also think it sets a dangerous precedent if he can make all his complaints and have everyone rallying round but because he was young he essentially gets a free pass.

I’d be really interested to hear more people’s views on this