Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Libertine

VIP Member
I had no idea that’s what Rstyle links are!! So it’s always an affiliate link?! They’re not necessarily working with that company at all? Ad Standards is about to get a whole lot more complaints 😂. I wonder who gets pinged for that, because complaints go to the advertiser here. Or is the influencer the advertiser in this instance, because they’re making the money 🤔
RStyleMe, LTKIt, Awin, Clix, ClickSynergy, EBay Partner, Amazon Associate - all affiliate marketing. When you click on an influencer link or blog, the web address will contain a clue it’s an affiliate link. The links usually take a bit longer to take you to the retailer as it is routed via the affiliate marketing program so they can collect data.

Clicking the link puts a cookie on your device and it can last from 24 hours up to six weeks or more. The commission can range from 2% up to 30% or more of all purchases.

It’s HUGE money.

F2B1EEE5-467E-4E9F-A4AE-18B1A1DA379B.jpeg

A Lesson in Affiliate Links 🤓

Miss Kyree has 233000 followers.

Let’s say 2% of Kyree’s followers (4660 people) click on this link:

0A03C88E-2F97-43EE-8A11-AE1F1C0108A1.jpeg

Kyree has correctly disclosed this is advertising, but we can also see it is an affiliate link from the web address:

90430BEF-A98E-48CF-8677-9CC6248F43E8.jpeg

The product was originally $39.99 so we’ll use that price. 2330 followers to decide to buy it (1% of Kyree’s followers). Cotton On makes $93177.

34B9C769-AF87-40D0-A0B8-0A8C86325E87.jpeg

This blog post from 2018 says Cotton On pays a 7% commission rate. The Cotton On business was, I believe, severely impacted by Covid so that might have changed but we’ll use 7%.

D7D45647-9D48-4CAB-888F-5CCB78851A33.jpeg

7% of $93177 = $6522

Kyree earns $6522. It is decent money for whacking up a link which is very low effort. Kyree probably doesn’t even own that jumper so she can’t authentically recommend it.

This is why it’s advertising, not a genuine recommendation.

(The affiliate program probably takes a cut of that $6522, but it is still very, very good money, particularly if some customers also buy, say, a pair of socks and a pair of jeans - as Kyree has referred them to Cotton On, she earns 7% on the whole purchase. I’m going to look now at what Advertising Standards Australia says about affiliate marketing.)

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

justjumpingonhere

Chatty Member
I don't like Lauren DuBois, I haven't followed her in such a long time so she might have toned down. I loved her in the beginning but she became so smug and condescending, and self righteous about everything. I had to unfollow.

I also hated the way she threw Smilf under the bus over the "what the mum wears to school" list thing. Smilf can be insufferable but the way LDB said the whole thing with people getting angry at her was Smilfs fault was poor form. Take some accountability for your shitty post instead of playing the victim and passing the buck.
I will agree that she went through a stage a couple of years ago when she seemed really miserable and it came across in a very annoying way. I almost unfollowed her because of all the stuff smilf was posting about her. But thensmilf posted the messages Lauren had sent about Amy and they weren’t nasty or rude and made her sound very fair. She was sticking up for her friend but not in a vicious way. It changed my opinion about her massively. Smilf was relentless posting about her and Lauren never even mentioned her name once.

I also think once she broke away from those influencer friends like the Kearns, Jules Coffey and Charli Kate she became noticeably better.

I’ll admit I’ve really come to be a fan over the past 12 months or so.She seems to have let some of her defensiveness go, she takes on feedback, she always responds to my messages with kindness. I’ve even met her in person and she was really normal and unassuming. A bit quiet in fact. Her content is quality, she doesn’t do too many ads, she shares useful stuff and she’s a lot smarter than pretty much any other influencer I follow. I think people love to hate her without giving her credit for changing and getting better.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Libertine

VIP Member
These are the things they don’t want us to be aware of!
I apologise for turning this thread into the affiliate link education thread, but it’s good stuff to know. If lots of people complain to the AAS things have to change. People power changed things in the UK and made influencers accountable.

I’m now going to resume my sick day off work. 🤓👋🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 31

GeorgieBox

VIP Member
Seeing the kids of Bec Judd and RDOM get gifted heaps of toys leaves a poor taste. They can obviously afford lots of toys, and no shade against the parents because it’s the PR company - but come on. I hope those toys get passed onto some kids who are less fortunate.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

emmygluewho

VIP Member
Honestly this bish is about to receive a nasty message from me - we ARE NOT A HATE forum! Someone needs to hold these influencers accountable for their disgusting greedy selfish ways. She is so far up the influencers asses
She is so far up every influencers ass so her Sister can continue flogging that dogshit skincare.

Isn’t this how every single mum of more than one kid is though?
How does she think people work with twins??
You put one down.

clearly with seizures sometimes she is going to need to put her healthy newborn down to care for lulu regardless of if he cries. It won’t kill him ffs.
Cut the fucking carry on

View attachment 1465073
Ahh yeah. That’s what being a mum to multiple children is. All things to consider before having a second child. Pop the baby in a carrier and get the fuck on with it like the rest of us ✌🏻

Bizziebody

VIP Member
Isn’t this how every single mum of more than one kid is though?
How does she think people work with twins??
You put one down.

clearly with seizures sometimes she is going to need to put her healthy newborn down to care for lulu regardless of if he cries. It won’t kill him ffs.
Cut the fucking carry on

View attachment 1465073
Get off instagram for a start, you seem to have time to take photos & post a good whinge.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

bradsbigjeep

Does Erin ever take Lulu to Napa herself? Even before Tom was born, it was always her husband, the nanny or her parents.

She’s relentlessly miserable.

Now Lu has gastro and she has locked herself away from her daughter. I have an intense fear of gastro and even I am there for my own children, and they are a lot older than poor Lu.

I feel so sad for that little girl, and its not because she has epilepsy, its because her mother is so awful to her.

• Sad
  • Wow
If you read the go fund me- it clearly states that they need the money not FOR the surgery but BECAUSE of the surgery. They wanted to employ a nurse (different from a carer/support worker) to look after lulu after the surgery. The go fund me is heavily about the surgery-
the surgery never happened. That’s dodgy to me. It feels off. Not to mention the NDIS is paying for their current support worker.

And if they need money, there’s better, more appropriate ways to get it that don’t include pictures of your poor, tired daughter after a seizure to grift.

I have epilepsy and there is nothing worse than coming out of seizures. I don’t know where or who I am and have never been more scared or vulnerable. Nobody has ever taken a picture of me in those moments, or when I fall asleep, exhausted and depleted- it takes weeks for my muscles to recover and usually involves some sort of terrible fall (often concussion also)

I started following LLL’s because of my own journey with epilepsy. But in all honestly I find Erin to be extremely problematic. It’s gross how much seperate time she has just with Tom. It’s gross how much she is comparing them, and everything is about how things affect HER, how things should have been for HER.

I have four children, I’m so lucky and grateful that they are all ‘typical’ but our life isn’t without stress or hardships- it’s bloody hard work. She has this fairytale idea about life and it’s not based in any reality.

I feel for Lulu.

The med change was done without a neurologist. She spoke about it. And no neurologist would ever just take you off meds. It’s ridiculous.

No, the GoFundMe was started by Mylifeoflove to enable them to get a carer for Lu, not to pay for surgery. As far as I remember, Mylifeoflove did this unasked. The money has been used for the carer.

I still don’t believe Erin has confirmed whether the med change was done without consultation or not.

Sure, timing was off, but maybe they need the money to assist with her care.

I co-sleep but absolutely would never allow that with the dog.

Maybe they feel anxious about Lu having a seizure in the shower when slippery? If you’ve ever held a child with hypotonia, they can be very hard to grip as they can’t help you.

• Heart

Mickybrowneyes

VIP Member
My daughter would have a heart attack if I banned ice cream lol.
This is how it should be in my opinion. We should be teaching our kids that no foods are out of bounds and everything in moderation. It’s scary when I see influencers putting their food issues onto their kids like come on do better

Reactions: 28
Now Lu has gastro and she has locked herself away from her daughter. I have an intense fear of gastro and even I am there for my own children, and they are a lot older than poor Lu.

I feel so sad for that little girl, and its not because she has epilepsy, its because her mother is so awful to her.
So innappropriate to expect the support worker to care for her child when unwell. The support worker's purpose is to support THE CHILD to develop and engage with the community to their full capacity, not expose themselves to contagious illnesses whilst doing the job of a parent. I mean obviously she is happy on some level to do it, but to even ask is just wild, especially when there is another parent in the mix too.

Reactions: 28

Broken Veneers

VIP Member
Honestly this bish is about to receive a nasty message from me - we ARE NOT A HATE forum! Someone needs to hold these influencers accountable for their disgusting greedy selfish ways. She is so far up the influencers asses
Considering she stated she uses Tattle as one of her sources, she could be nicer!

Reactions: 27

emmygluewho

VIP Member
Posting to the main thread since it crosses over so many people!

It seems a bunch of influencers are going through and indiscriminately blocking people for following Outspoken or the influencer call out accounts 😂. Amy Gerard apparently does not appreciate people screen shotting and sharing all of her racist content 😅. Also includes people like Jessiika Wilson, Sarah Kearns, Leigh Campbell. Wondering how many of their genuine followers they’ll accidentally block 😂
This is honestly so fucking funny! Imagine having the time and energy to be so butt hurt over SHIT YOU ACTUALLY POSTED to then go search for people on your followers list for following an account you don't like?!

Pop your toys back in the cot you wankers.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Michy02

VIP Member
I absolutely DETEST how every second influencer is calling themselves a Coach and charging vulnerable women ridiculous amounts of money to get this made up ‘coaching’ I’d rather pay money to someone who has qualifications and an actual proven track record. These influencers aren’t living exactly envious lives themselves.

boysenberry

I couldn’t agree more. The next story she posted was that she has barely ever smiled since her babymoon with Dave. I have a child with a disability as well though it does not have the same impact as poor Luella’s does so I am not pretending to understand 100%. But to say that since your child was born like 3 years ago you’ve barely even smiled is just cruel. It’s really all about Erin.

• Sad

dadscum

That's right - LDB did claim to be Indigenous awhile back. She talked about it once and it was never spoken of again. Did she ever say what her link was? She never mentioned it again and made some poor taste jokes about New Zealanders which I can't imagine you would if you were indigenous.

Maybe she is - but it's a weird thing to claim once off.

She may have come good based on what people are saying now, but she has been awful in the past.
I am Aboriginal. Are you? Because if your not, do not ever question someone’s “link” or claim to there own heritage. That’s some white supremacy bullshit right there. Ask yourself why do you believe you have the right to know anything about anyones a race or background. Why do you think you can hold an opinion on how someone identifies or presents themselves.
No one needs to perform in any way to prove to you they are Aboriginal. we are not performing monkeys for your approval. Would you question someone who isn’t acting Greek enough? Your need to classify people and your belief that you should know more is racist af.

whatever bandwagon is trending to get attention, at one stage she was claiming to be indigenous, now she’s utilising an ADHD diagnosis for as much engagement as possible.
Indigenous is with a capital I. And the last comment goes for you 2. The idea that you think being Aboriginal is a bandwagon to get attention says everything. How gross for you privileged white women to think it’s something we can turn on and off and use to our advantage. What advantage? Tell me the advantages. Tell me how trendy it is. I’d love to know.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Posting to the main thread since it crosses over so many people!

It seems a bunch of influencers are going through and indiscriminately blocking people for following Outspoken or the influencer call out accounts 😂. Amy Gerard apparently does not appreciate people screen shotting and sharing all of her racist content 😅. Also includes people like Jessiika Wilson, Sarah Kearns, Leigh Campbell. Wondering how many of their genuine followers they’ll accidentally block 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25