Asking a guy out

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok so I matched with a guy on an app about 2 years ago we must have added each other on social media at the time. I then started something with someone else so didn’t give him much thought. Fast forward to the last month or 2 and I have certainly noticed him him on socials.

He more often than not will like pictures and posts, views my Instagram stories without fail and has left the odd comment on stuff. I decided to reach out privately a month ago and we chatted then the conversation just died off. Then I commented on his stories a few times, we chat for a bit and again conversation dies off.

I think these an attraction there as he’s given me a good few compliments and I have made it clear I think he’s attractive. But he’s not asking me out. I know I can do the asking but where the conversation stops I’m thinking he’s not keen. Plus I’m being a bit of a whimp 😂
I know we don’t need to let the man do the asking these days but I suppose I’m scared of rejection and thinking if he was interested he’d ask me. Should add he doesn’t seem the shy type from stuff he’s told me.

I know I should just go for it and most will probably just say ask him out. I suppose I just want others thoughts....

I laid my cards on the table to a guy once before and although he was lovely about it he wasn’t interested so I have that in the back of my mind too. Even though that was very different circumstances to this situation.

I think absolutely go for it! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Some guys are almost "too" laid back about asking someone out, he probably won't be thinking that deeply about it at all. I completely get the "being a wimp" thing as I am quite like that too, but post-covid I just think life is too short and just ask him to go for a drink sometime. What's the worst that could happen? If he rejects you, ah well, you didn't know him very well anyway and you've never met him in person. If he says yes, then that's something nice you can look forward to 😊

I look forward to hearing what you end up doing and good luck! x

Reactions: 4
The worst that can happen is that he says no, and in all honesty is that so bad? You've never met and presumably in the future your paths will never cross so you don't have to feel embarrassed if he blows you off.

I'm firmly a believer in if you don't ask you don't get.

Just go with a casual vibe, something like "I really enjoy our banter/chats and it would be great to meet up for a drink/coffee/lunch/walk" I always think a quick coffee in a nice area is great because if the conversation flows you can suggest a walk round

Reactions: 1
Definitely ask him out! Agree with the other posters, the worst he can say is no…and who cares if he does?! Sometimes conversations go a bit flat because you don’t actually know them in real life and that’s totally normal, so don’t think about that too much!

Reactions: 2
Go for it!! You’ll never know if you don’t try! The worst that can happen is he says no, and if he does, so what! There’s plenty more fish in the sea 🤣
Shoot your shot gal x

Reactions: 2
I think if he was interested you would know about it, it wouldn’t keep tailing off.
Ive got to say I agree, it's died off a few times, I think if he wanted something to happen it would have or there'd have been no break in talking at least. I guess at least if you ask you'll know for sure either way

Thanks all. Yeh that’s the thing holding me back cos I’ve always thought men go after what they want! He might just be a serial liker or the gram and fb.

Although one of my male friends reckons guys don’t reply even they aren’t keen.

I think I’ll have to ask jussi I know and it’s starting to drive me a bit mad now 😂

it depends how secure you are, I had a casual relationship with a friend of a friend, we were very causal but he always sought me out when he saw me in the bar he was DJing at and whenever he had his heart broken he’d call me for a hook up. At one point I was quite invested in him so text him to ask when he was taking me on a date? He replied “I never wanted it to get to this stage, sorry I lead you on” so I left it there.He’s now married with a baby…but was still messaging me until I told him I was in a happy relationship and he left me alone.

• Wow
I am quite secure like not to sound big headed but I’m messaging a couple of guys but these something about this particular guy that I can’t get off my mind. We have a few things in common and he doesn’t live too far like the next village / town over. Went to the same high school / clubs as kids (different years) ect.

I’m going to have to stop putting it off and do it so I know either way. I think I’ve driving my friends nuts 😂

I am quite secure like not to sound big headed but I’m messaging a couple of guys but these something about this particular guy that I can’t get off my mind. We have a few things in common and he doesn’t live too far like the next village / town over. Went to the same high school / clubs as kids (different years) ect.

I’m going to have to stop putting it off and do it so I know either way. I think I’ve driving my friends nuts 😂
Let us know how you get on!