Are you watching influencers more or less during Covid-19?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m struggling to watch much YouTub right now,
and people I’ve been subbed to for years (without actually watching their content) I’ve now made a point of unfollowing on YouTube and Instagram.
I won’t even watch them as background noise anymore because I’m so angry at them all.

but it looks like watch time is up? Is that because people are bored?
I’d hate to see this lot come out the other side with successful channels and Instagram accounts.

do people still watch influencers/youtube and is it because there’s not much else to do?

Reactions: 9
I have unfollowed all the Home and family and over 40 fashion mummy's Instagram account or should I say instagrabers that I used to follow.
Most of them are absolutely disguising siting in their big house giving tips on home schooling, self care tips and all the other tit.
Morning Huns here's my code, swipe up, ad ad ad. FCUK with you crap.

Reactions: 5
Not watching or following a single one. I dip into Brogan Tates thread but she infuriates me beyond belief.

Reactions: 3
I've unfollowed most tbh, at times like these I don't want to see or hear greedy, con salespeople aka 'influencers' 🤮 telling us to swipe up, moaning about having to stay home and millionaires crying & worried incase they don't get any paid ads etc 😡 I have no time for any of them, I'd rather watch paint dry then give them a follow.

So hope this is the beginning of the end for them.

Reactions: 8
Less, if its a video showing what they've bought, new things for the house, something they are selling or bragging I wont click on it. So far 'Im only watching Fleurdeforce home vlogs, Alfie deyes and old Zoella Christmas because it takes my mind of corovirus for 30 mins.

I've unfollowed most tbh, at times like these I don't want to see or hear greedy, con salespeople aka 'influencers' 🤮 telling us to swipe up, moaning about having to stay home and millionaires crying & worried incase they don't get any paid ads etc 😡 I have no time for any of them, I'd rather watch paint dry then give them a follow.

So hope this is the beginning of the end for them.
Em Sheldon is the worst. Every story of hers is an affiliate link. Gouging people for money at a time like this is gross.

Less, if its a video showing what they've bought, new things for the house, something they are selling or bragging I wont click on it. So far 'Im only watching Fleurdeforce home vlogs, Alfie deyes and old Zoella Christmas because it takes my mind of corovirus for 30 mins.
I love Fleur.

Em Sheldon is the worst. Every story of hers is an affiliate link. Gouging people for money at a time like this is gross.

I love Fleur.
Unfortunately people still fall for it, it makes me so bloody mad, they have no moral compass at all, carrying on as if nothing is happening, it's all about the money, greedy bastards the lot of them.

I think a vein in my head would pop if I watched these cretins. I still look at mario, Lou and Garthy, but that's like watching chickens scratching in the yard.
you'd think they'd see this as an opportunity, donate their obscene Narnia. Can't read twitter either, the stupidity over the numbers, compared to Italy and Spain has legit given me a headache.

Reactions: 1
Less. I used to like Jamie's journey and myka stauffer, but can't stand them.

Long time ago I unfollowed beauty and the beastons, annie jaffrey and other money grabbers. Oh and hannahs home is a no go.

I'm loving muchelleb and vasseurbeauty.

The usual - much less. I've discovered a new few who are making positive but realistic videos. I stumbled across a lot of Korean youtubers who don't show their face but beautiful vlogs of daily life, with recipes, daily chores and thoughts, they're so calming and positive. I guess they're not really classed as influencers as they have jobs...and normal lives.

Oh no Nina
The Seoul Search
Grackle (always!)
Toko
Sueddu (so calming and serene)
Haegreendal (same as above)

I’m hoping that the whole corona virus thing, will be the beginning of the end of the ‘influencer’ pandemic...

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Yeah not watching any YouTube at the minute. I’m also trying to stay away from Instagram. Would it hurt them to stop the bleeping ads and gifted posts whilst the rest of us struggle. I think it’s in such bad taste.

Reactions: 5
I can't even hate watch. Not watched a lot of the YouTube channels I usually enjoy as they just seem a pointless waste of time. I have been watching the news channels, Daily show, comedy channels instead.
Without the shopping hauls,happy façade and going out...a lot of the channels I watch regularly have resorted to moaning, a few I unfollowed for what seems petty reasons maybe, self isolating yet visiting family and complaining how hard working is with children at home.
Anyone using the "since you maybe stuck at home buy this to alleviate boredom" results in unsubscribing.

Not really looked at Instagram, unless something is mentioned on an influencer thread.

Reactions: 2
Less. I used to like Jamie's journey and myka stauffer, but can't stand them.

Long time ago I unfollowed beauty and the beastons, annie jaffrey and other money grabbers. Oh and hannahs home is a no go.

I'm loving muchelleb and vasseurbeauty.
I've had to unsubscribe from quite a few channels. This pandemic has exposed many a tone-deaf influencer. IntheFrow's nauseating tik tok dances and Lydia's smug self-promoting is too much.

On a side note, I'm not sure what to think about Annie Jaffrey. She is a little irritating with her 'I'm so perfect' all the time routine. She is quite dull especially when she mentions how good lemon water is for the thousandth time! 😴 She should just relax and be herself. In fact I listen to her if I need to fall asleep. However, she doesn't self-promote as much as the others.

I’m really enjoying Eleanor Neale’s true crime videos and I’ve started researching subjects I’m interested in like science and skincare science. I’m watching just as much but I can no longer be bothered to sit through endless makeup/ haul videos when I don’t even know when I’m going to wear makeup again

I think I'm watching less mainly because I've got the time to binge watch shows now and get my money worth on my subscription fees. I feel if I'm going to waste 20+ mins of my life it might as well be with a good tv show