Are you preparing for the winter months/costs rising? If so how?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought I'd start a thread to see if anyone else is thinking ahead and preparing for the winter?
If so how are you planning to cut back/what are you buying in advance?
Iv just bought my daughter a cheap teddy fleece hoodie and one of the blanket hoodies in preparation for the cold winter months.
With the way my meters are eating the electricity even in the "summer" months I'm beginning to worry about what's ahead in winter.
Will also buy a cheap duvet for on the sofa and planning on stocking up on bed time socks and be buying a hot water bottle each to save putting the heating on 😔

Reactions: 1
Great thread idea!

I’ve been putting a bit extra in my gas as we haven’t been using it as much while the weathers been lovely in the hope to bank a lot of units for the winter.

I’ve been trying to cut down on the amount of electricity we use by making small changes like only using eco settings on washing machine/dishwasher - I’ll do a hot wash once a week on both though for towels and underwear. I’ve been unplugging everything and turning them off when not using and all of these little things has added up!

Yes iv started to do eco washes too! Really does make a difference doesnt it. I was looking at the heated clothes racks but I'm not convinced they make a huge difference 🤔 so I think I'll wait for now. I got rid of our tumble dryer because quite simply we cant afford to use it anyway.
Iv switched my shopping to sainsbury's and was shocked how much cheaper some things are compared to asda. But I still do one large lidl/aldi run once a month.
So much uncertainty ahead. Hopefully it's not as bad as we think it will be 🤞

Reactions: 2
I haven’t done anything yet, I am always frugal with gas and electricity but come off a fixed deal soon so that will be a shock. I did my shopping at Aldi this week and found prices had increased but still cheaper than most shops,