Anyone else’s cat broke their leg? Advice welcome :)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi a fox broke my cats legs last week , he’s had a operation and is on 2-6 weeks cage rest depending on his progress. Anyone else had this happen and have any knowledge or tips? He’s got two dog cages tied together one for litter and food and the other is his bed. I feel heartbroken for him 💔

Reactions: 1
Hey I’m a bit of a crazy cat lady 😻
My cat has never broken a leg but had been caged due to an operation. Your poor puss i hope he’s recovering well. Cats are very good at adapting and do tolerate been caged really well. I think it helps there so lazy by nature and sleep a large chunk of the day away. No advice sorry just hope he gets well soon. Xx

• Heart
Not quite the same I know, but I had a dog break a leg and she was on cage rest for 6 weeks apart from being lifted to the toilet. We bought lots of new toys for her (you could string lots up for your cat so he doesn’t have to move around) and lots of treats/chews and then altered meal amounts accordingly. It was a long few weeks, but she actually did so much better with it than I thought, and was very happy the whole time.

• Heart
Hi a fox broke my cats legs last week , he’s had a operation and is on 2-6 weeks cage rest depending on his progress. Anyone else had this happen and have any knowledge or tips? He’s got two dog cages tied together one for litter and food and the other is his bed. I feel heartbroken for him 💔
Bloody hell! foxes are chancers your poor cat. My cat has chased many off. Hope your cat gets better soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yes, been there, different fracture mechanism but same result. My guy was old and much less agile so probably easier to contain. Most importantly they do recover very well. While contained they need to be watched for signs of constipation being less mobile and they need entertainment. Ive used a tablet for youtube cat videos a few times a day, playing with strings, having the chats with them while working around them. Give them a wide variety of food so the nutrition and taste buds are treated and mealtime becomes spoil time too.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My cat broke his leg. The recovery process was about 6 weeks and heartbreaking as once he was allowed out his cage he had to stay in the dining room and he used to sit facing the wall think he had depression 😢 it was when he was a kitten and back to his normal self now ♥ he’s more likely to develop early arthritis tho.

• Heart
Hi, my cat got run over at the beginning of lockdown and dislocated his leg. Cage rest for 6 weeks and had the same set up as you’ve described. He couldn’t tolerate a cone so we got him a little body suit thing with a hole in the bum area which worked really well (he hated it for a day or two and then got used to it) other than that, we just made sure to pay him lots of attention, giving him plenty of strokes and love and then after a week or so and he was feeling a little better, we gave him toys to play with in the cage and then again after a few more weeks, he came out the cage for a minute or two a day to have a little stretch and sniff around the living room

• Heart