Anyone been on the Cerelle pill before?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Howdy guys, happy Monday!

Over lockdown I decided to go on the pill but due to COVID was unable to get anything other than the mini pill so was given Cerelle. I know from speaking to the Nurse and from general research online that spotting in between your usual period is likely but I have been on my period/spotting for over two weeks now and it’s horrible that my cycle has done a 180 when it was like clockwork. I’ve also been a huge miserable witch at times but what’s new, eh? 🤪

Just wondered if anyone had a similar experience with it and could offer any advice as I’m not that knowledgable on this sort of thing. Sorry if there’s already a dedicated posted for this sort of thing!

Reactions: 1
I'm on Cerazette which is basically the same, been for many years now and never had a single drop of blood the whole time but I've read many times about experiences such as yours so I have counted myself very lucky!

Hope the situation improves for you, it must be miserable ❤

I'm on Cerelle 1.5 years
never had any spotting and it's actually calmed my moods so much.

Hopefully it works out for you, or possibly you could swap once things calm with covid.

I'm also on cerazette and I havent had a period either. It's rather disconcerting at first but its so much better than having them in the long term IMO.

I’ve been on cerelle for years - helped even out my moods incredibly well. No periods, although I do get the rare occasional spotting. On the whole, for me, it’s one of the best pills I’ve been on.

I was on cerazette and then cerelle for a total of 6 years. Before coming off I was bleeding all the time and had bad mood swings, tried to go back on it after having a baby in December and I had the same issues again. I don’t think the mini pill agrees with me anymore

I've been on Cerelle for 6 years (and Cerazette for 4 years prior to this).

No spotting, but I haven't been as lucky as some in this thread to have my period stop altogether - jealous! Still get regular periods.

Never noticed any side effects such as mood swings, weight gain, etc. - don't have any bad feedback on Cerelle at all.

If you are using it as a contraceptive, you do need to be militant about taking it at the same time everyday - you don't have as big of a window as you do with the combination pill.

I’ve been on Cerelle for ages, I have no periods but when I started I bled a bit. Takes time for your body to get used to it, I think they say to allow 3 months for everything to settle down

Reactions: 2
I’ve been on cerelle for 5 years and had no issues at all! When I first started taking it I had light periods/spotting for a couple of months but I think that was my body just getting used to it. I’ve been back on it for 11 weeks now after having my son and noticed the same thing happen again but everything is back to normal now! I think it does just take your body a wee while to get used to it! Hopefully things settle down for you soon! 😊

Thank you so much everyone!

I think you’re right, I need to be a bit more patient with my body as I am just approaching the 3 month stage. I was on the combined pill many years ago and never had any problems but need to understand that my body may react differently this time round. Jealous of those without a period! Lucky gals.

Wouldn’t it be lovely if this was the mans responsibility!

Reactions: 4
I take desogestral which is cerazette. I had random bleeds and periods for around a year before they completely stopped. Ive not not had a period for 2 years or so. I’ll be honest you have to stick with this pill and allow it to settle. I questioned the nurse after the first year review and she told me it can take 12-18 months to full stop periods and intermittent bleeds.i also like that your have a bigger windowIn which to take the pill each day

Glad things settled for you x

Hats off to you for putting up with the intermittent bleeds for that long! I would have run off the edge of a cliff, I think.

I was on Cerelle for about 8 years and had lots of spotting at the beginning in the first few months but it did settle down to probably one week of bleeding every year. On the copper coil now because Cerelle lowered my sex drive massively and I didn't want any hormones.

I was also put on Microgynon, Rigedivon and Cilest prior and Cerelle was far and away the best. My mindset was that it's only one hormone, not two!

Happy Monday! (Now I've got Step On in my head 😂)

I'm on Cerelle and love it. No side effects, periods stopped etc etc. But then the GP prescribed me cerezette which was appalling and my body just went doolally on it. I spoke to the pharmacist who said that couldn't possibly be the case as it's the same active ingredients etc which is fair enough but you can't will yourself into heavy bleeding, sooooo...🙃 Went back to GP who said he had come across people reacting the same (so, officially not mental✌🏻💪🏻) and put me back on Cerelle which has been a joy.

So, in a rambling way, what I'm *trying* to say is if Cerelle really doesn't work out for you, try cerezette as there are plenty of forums online where people have done better on one rather than the other 👍🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Happy Monday! (Now I've got Step On in my head 😂)

I'm on Cerelle and love it. No side effects, periods stopped etc etc. But then the GP prescribed me cerezette which was appalling and my body just went doolally on it. I spoke to the pharmacist who said that couldn't possibly be the case as it's the same active ingredients etc which is fair enough but you can't will yourself into heavy bleeding, sooooo...🙃 Went back to GP who said he had come across people reacting the same (so, officially not mental✌🏻💪🏻) and put me back on Cerelle which has been a joy.

So, in a rambling way, what I'm *trying* to say is if Cerelle really doesn't work out for you, try cerezette as there are plenty of forums online where people have done better on one rather than the other 👍🏻
Your post made me chuckle 😂
Thanks for brightening a gloomy Monday!

Isn’t it so funny how we are all affected so differently by these tiny little powerful pills. I will definitely research Cerezette once I’m finished with my next pack.

Reactions: 3
I was on this and last year I had spotting for 6-7 weeks. I took myself off it as it was just getting annoying but I’m glad it’s worked for others

Glad things settled for you x

Hats off to you for putting up with the intermittent bleeds for that long! I would have run off the edge of a cliff, I think.
I didn’t really have many options but to stick with it due to my weight and migraines but if you’re persistent it’s fab!

• Heart
Has nobody else had problems with bloating etc on cerelle? I used it for around 6 months and put loads of weight on and i stopped 3 months ago and the weights dropped off me again...weird!