Anxiety

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How did you get them? I’ve only been to the GP about this once, just got offered some sort of therapy and anti depressants which I didn’t want as that’s not the issue!
It can depend on the GP but might be worth asking specifically for anxiety meds or something for trouble sleeping. I know if feels awkward af but you can say 'no' to what the doctor suggests.

I had the opposite problem when I first went on medication - I mentioned depression and anxiety and my GP only focused on the anxiety. Prescribed me literally 3 months worth of of propranolol, a kind of beta blocker which didn't really help because I didn't really suffer panic attacks (and had told her this), and told me to come back in 2 weeks. The first thing she said when I said when I came back 2 weeks later? "Well, we didn't think they'd work, did we?" Like, why prescribe them then? 🤦🤦🤦 I really struggled in between those two visits (esp having such a large quantity of meds available) and I wish I'd been able to just say 'no' as much of a nightmare anxiety makes that word.

I hope you're doing alright though 💕 I know anti-depressants aren't for everyone but they can help with anxiety too (my current ones definitely have) although there can be a lot of trial and error involved

My anxiety spiked during the lock down. I started antidepressants. On the third dose, I woke that night with tinnitus. It is now constant, nearly 4 months on. So I am at the end of my tether. A work colleague reported me last week. So I might lose my job. And now I can't take antidepressants to pep me up. I'm depressed and anxious 20 years. But this is the worst I have ever been. I feel like I can't get out of this spiral.

My anxiety spiked during the lock down. I started antidepressants. On the third dose, I woke that night with tinnitus. It is now constant, nearly 4 months on. So I am at the end of my tether. A work colleague reported me last week. So I might lose my job. And now I can't take antidepressants to pep me up. I'm depressed and anxious 20 years. But this is the worst I have ever been. I feel like I can't get out of this spiral.
Go back to the doctor see about changing AD, or getting referred about the tinnitus and maybe get signed off for a week. Let HR know what’s going on, maybe if you work in a large enough place they might be able to arrange some counselling.

Reactions: 3
All SSRIs can cause tinnitus. So I'm referred to ENT to see if he can recommend an antidepressant. I am attending counselling.

Reactions: 2
All SSRIs can cause tinnitus. So I'm referred to ENT to see if he can recommend an antidepressant. I am attending counselling.
Hopefully they can recommend something, I have tinnitus but this is due to hearing loss, if I don’t get enough sleep or very tired it is really bad.

Hope the counselling is helping. You won’t feel like this forever, you will move past this.

Reactions: 1
Hoping this is the right place to post... The past couple of weeks I’ve been feeling fed up, tearful, panicky and just generally not myself. We’re in the process of moving house which I know is a really exciting positive thing but there’s a lot of stress coming with it (our solicitors and estate agents are useless!). I’ve got an ongoing stomach issue that I’ve never been able to get a diagnosis for, worrying about it makes it worse and when it flares up I worry about it more so it’s a vicious circle.

I haven’t been sleeping well and I’m finding that the smallest things are tipping me over into an emotional mess. This morning it came to a head and I got myself into such a state I think I had a panic attack.

I’m wondering whether it’s time to speak to someone about how I’m feeling or whether it’s just a phase that will pass. I had a traumatic experience in my childhood that still affects me and so from time to time things will trigger me and I’ll feel awful but I do usually feel better a bit quicker than this.

The thought of actually admitting how I’m feeling is probably the one thing stopping me speaking to a doctor, which I know is stupid but every time I tell myself I’m going to do something about it I never follow it through!

Hoping this is the right place to post... The past couple of weeks I’ve been feeling fed up, tearful, panicky and just generally not myself. We’re in the process of moving house which I know is a really exciting positive thing but there’s a lot of stress coming with it (our solicitors and estate agents are useless!). I’ve got an ongoing stomach issue that I’ve never been able to get a diagnosis for, worrying about it makes it worse and when it flares up I worry about it more so it’s a vicious circle.

I haven’t been sleeping well and I’m finding that the smallest things are tipping me over into an emotional mess. This morning it came to a head and I got myself into such a state I think I had a panic attack.

I’m wondering whether it’s time to speak to someone about how I’m feeling or whether it’s just a phase that will pass. I had a traumatic experience in my childhood that still affects me and so from time to time things will trigger me and I’ll feel awful but I do usually feel better a bit quicker than this.

The thought of actually admitting how I’m feeling is probably the one thing stopping me speaking to a doctor, which I know is stupid but every time I tell myself I’m going to do something about it I never follow it through!
Anxiety exacerbates stomach issues.

Do contact your Dr. At the moment because they’re still not open, they will talk to you over the phone so that might help you not having to see them face to face. Also a relative of mine was given counselling over the phone during lockdown so you may be offered that if they feel you need it.

Don’t bottle things up, seek help x

Anxiety exacerbates stomach issues.

Do contact your Dr. At the moment because they’re still not open, they will talk to you over the phone so that might help you not having to see them face to face. Also a relative of mine was given counselling over the phone during lockdown so you may be offered that if they feel you need it.

Don’t bottle things up, seek help x
Thank you x