Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ThirdWorldGlam

Just keeping the inspirational elegant quotes trend

29367142-8399269-image-a-55_1591630067151 (1).jpg
<

b8e22a0f19c7c292b3157d416d8cb6c5 (1).jpg

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_a397417e-d130-11e8-b8d4-d6fb90acb7b1 (2).jpg

I should go to sleep now my elegantz ladies

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

laurensanchez

VIP Member
I agree with all of you, and if Anna knew what she was talking about, she would've put most of the emphasis on education.

She puts so much emphasis on network, but education is the easiest way way build a wealthy network, especially for regular (or poor) people. Universities are filled to the brim with wealthy people, and college educated people are way more likely to become wealthy.

I have been in the "smart" classes since elementary school, so naturally all of my friends were intellectual and goal-oriented. My high school friends and I ended up going to prestigious universities where we befriended more ambitious people.

It has been a year after college graduation, and many of my friends have already reached six figure incomes. I attended my friend's birthday party two weeks ago, where she invited friends she met during undergrad at her Ivy League alma mater (and mutual friends of those friends). All of those people (which included attractive men) were working in finance and health at Fortune 500 companies (one year out of college) and living in luxury Manhattan apartments. They were all super nice too.

(Some of them grew up with money, but my close friends did not. One of my friends who I attended high school with but became closer to during college said her family had struggled with poverty and homelessness while she was in middle and high school. That was a big shock to me because in high school she had always seemed leveled up and popular (That's a sign of true elegance. Being seen as so beautiful, smart, and magnetic to everyone, that no one would even notice you were poor). But now she works at a Fortune 500 company in finance and is making six figures too. Her mind was always leveled up, and it manifested in real life for her in just 4 years).

Just because I had been a good student in my life, I have lifetime friendships with the future 1%.
I am inspired daily by my REAL and CLOSE friends to be great, and that's what it's all about.
(I am planning on being wealthy in my own right, but I'm an artist, so I'm on a different path than my friends).

You are the average of the people you spend time with, so if you think you're doing better than ALL of your friends, you're definitely doing something wrong. At this point in my life, my friends are doing better than me (financially) and I am grateful for that because it indicates the bare minimum I should be functioning at in life.

Anna Bey would never understand that because she cuts off anyone who has even a menial success story.

Random woman: A man bought me coffee out of the blue!
Anna: *blocks*
An artist! Wonderful! I also can highlight that even if you don't do traditional lucrative subjects at university, there is no reason you cannot become successful. Artists are just as important to society and can be very financially secure. The art world is FULL of money.

@CherryBerry25 thanks for making us all aware of the SOA stories 😊
I've been able to create a new compilation of potential profile pictures for everyone. Remember ladies, take action! 🤭
View attachment 715325
Yuk. These are details people notice especially in person. Stretched out reddened ear piercings because you've been wearing fake saucer earrings...not elegant.

View attachment 715715
oh my God! She’s such a wise person!
(I’m surviving 🧠 damage)
Oooh I have an idea. Let's start making quotes that fit more authentically with her lifestyle, then start spreading them around with the signature "Anna Bey"!

ab wisdom.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

linamaria

First time poster here.
Anna Bey was a suggestion on my youtube feed a few months ago and I found what she was promoting extremely harmful.
I don’t buy that she is part of high society (however that is defined) especially if we are talking about „european-old-money“. It’s a very exclusive cycle and definitely not easy to enter. Education is still highly valued amongst the older generation of old money families but of course we’re talking about individuals and not a heterogenous mass so this might vary and there’s a black sheep in every family.
I’ve been to university with students from rich (and not-so-rich-anymore) old money families (because my university is quite known for being popular amongst old money) and not a single one of them behaved like Anna in any way. Most of them were quite normal people trying to figure out what to do with their lives. (of course a few snobs are always around but that’s definitely not the norm).
I come from an upper middle class family and we are not part of high society nor was I raised to pretend I was part of it but my hobbies and interests come close to what Anna considers to be elegant hobbies so I find it kind of strange that everything she does (riding, interest in art etc.) is halfway done. I don’t see a reason for her not to own a horse ( almost all stables at least in Germany, Austria and Switzerland offer an all-inclusive service and even people who gymnasticate the horses if you’re not around or if you don’t have the knowledge/skills to do so properly). I see that it is expensive but if you are part of high society and upper class that shouldn’t be a big deal financially.
The second thing I found utterly confusing is her blog. I’m neither a native english speaker nor am I talented in writing so I can’t really criticize anyone when it comes to the english language but everything on this blog makes me cringe. The pictures used are not only bad quality but also scream cheap. Not to mention the content. It totally contradicts everything she says in her videos to an extend that it’s almost funny. I don’t understand why she agrees to publish these blog posts as they harm her brand even more than her videos and her persona do.
What I also find highly problematic is her lack of education and that she doesn’t seem to have an issue with it. There are very interesting studies on leveling up and education was a very important factor that made the difference between generations of poverty/wealth. Leveling up is difficult and I think what she is selling is not only nonsense but can also be very harmful to vulnerable women from poorer countries. Another thing that doesn't make sense to me is the lack of french or german spekaing skills.
Her approach is also very Eurocentric and it doesn’t really make sense to promote this to an international audience as the European high society is, from what I know, not the most tolerant one.
My mother grew up in Genève and she still has friends and family there and some of them might be considered "upper class" and the imagination of them hanging out with Anna is just ridiculous. I can't put my finger on what it is but something about Anna just screams gold digger.

A brief digression on the Arab topic:
I’m very interested in the middle east and middle eastern cultures and there definitely isn’t a one size fits all approach to understanding the values, the culture etc. of the Near and middle east. Especially when it comes to the gulf states the differences couldn’t be bigger within the society. There are certain „family/clan names“ that might already be an indicator of education and background. To compare a christian men from Libnan to Saudi/Kuwaiti or Qatari men on a cultural level is just ignorant and doesn’t do justice to these rich and beautiful cultures but of course I understand the point where you guys are coming from.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Bastine de Beaumanoir

Chatty Member
Don't excite me @laurensanchez on the fashion topic, don't excite me, I could be an endless chatterbox :)
It's true, I am not impressed anymore with "luxury brands" for many reasons (the one you mentioned, of course) and because, for most of them, I know the manufacturing process and they are kind of fraudulent (the Made in France is not really Made in France, things like that).
If girls here want to know what an affluent women wear on a day to day basis in Geneva or in the 16e arrondissement of Paris (this is were the haute-bourgeoisie is concentrated ; wealthy people are more in the 8e arrondisement), they will be surprised. It's a mix of supermarket brands like Monoprix/Coop + local stores for linen/cotton/cashemere + timeless models (Hugo Boss + Lacoste) + high value accessories (Hermes and Dior scarfs). Everybody likes Max Mara and Ralph Lauren.
The fortune of a woman is visible only during the big events. There you have the sumptuous creations of X, Y, Z and spectacular jewlery. Jewels are inherited and this is a point where old money people wish to distinguish themselves from nouveaux riches. Inherited = having a pedigree.
When they actually buy jewlery, the good taste in Geneva is to go to Gübelin, not Cartier. In Paris is Chaumet (by the way, when in Paris, go Place Vendôme to vist the museum of tiaras in the private mansion own by Chaumet, it's open for everyone but nobody knows - futur trip for AB, I guess). I am giving tendencies here, there are others, of course. Cartier, in this world, is mostly for watches (I keep my mouth shut about the models).
The bag : Longchamp or Lancel more than Birkin and Kelly. Usually they have at least one Hermes bag but they seem to not care about.
The brands of shoes that litteraly every woman has in thoses places are Geox and Chanel, the classic beige with black end model (a good imitation is made by JONAK for 100 euros). Why this escarpin was made by Chanel and why it's timeless? Because, before Chanel, women who were driving had always the end of the shoe dirty. Coco Chanel, the most practical woman on Earth, has found the solution and put it in black. Beside it goes with all the outfits of a wardrobe. It's the quintessential of the "minimalistic" shoe, the minimalistic credo being "it has to go with at least 3 pieces of my wardrobe".
Scarfs : there is no joke here. Scarfs must be of the highest quality. I advised you to start a collection of cashemere sweaters and I advise you also to go for the scarfs, if you have some money to spend on luxury goods. They can turn a common outfit into a piece of art of elegance. You have to possess two types of scarfs : the silk one (at least 50X50) and the fine cashemere one (at least 90X90). Second-hand boutiques are full of them. Why every refined woman wears a scarf apart for the elegance? Because you must put a scarf between the skin of your neck and the colar of you coat/jacket, in this way you protect the collar of heaving a yellow line unreacoverable by the dry cleaner. Everybody knows what I am saying, this is not a question of cleanliness/not cleanliness, it's the fatal destiny...

Tip from Bastine for the bags.
When in Paris, go in the general leather stores (like the one on the rue de Rivoli, in front of the Louvre) and ask for previous models from Pourchet. This is a 100% made in France and known only by the haute-bourgeoisie. The bags are scattered nowadays between several leather stores in Paris. By previous, I mean from the 2000s or 2010s, for exemple, I am not talking about second hand. This is the secret brand to know, girls, if you want to make impression on a wealthy men. It's no more than 70 euros for previous models. I had the Hilton Connico in black/chocolat, this was a dream of a bag, for travel, work, town, etc. (unfortunately one day my cat took it for his litter), I had also the one with the Madison canevas.
They have a new line, of course, the store is Place de Voges, but I don't find it very good recently.
Here is a link with the page presenting previous designs.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

white_cat

Happy Friday everyone! Here on Geneva Shore, we're having a blast just like in the good old days.

Wait, what? She pays people to delete negative comments? Poor woman, the amount of insecurity radiating off of her is insane and hilarious at the same time.. but then again, she doesn’t want anyone to know that she’s a scam artist.
I imagine Anna has a social media manager whose main responsibilities includes:
  • deleting negative comments
  • blocking members who leave negative comments
  • leaving fake comments praising her
It should take a lot of time to control everyone and micromanage, if there is no person who does it for her, then she must be working hard herself 🤭

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 43

Bastine de Beaumanoir

Chatty Member
Then you see it's not about quality, but price tag
I don't have much money either compared to Anna or a lot of the posters on this thread but even I buy clothes in the right size and replace cheap plastic buttons with sturdier metal or mother of pearl or something ... why, why, why does anyone think this woman is some kind of style expert?
Everything I know about elegance I've learned it from French women. The old ones, those who knew every triks possible to stay elegant on a budget, because they had known the WW2 or the period after. As I've told you in my first post here on Tattle, when I arrived in France 20 years ago, I had the chance to meet a Madam Chic like Jennifer L. Scott did, and after her, others. I didn't even speak French at the begining and I was coming from a very unfortunate background, unfortunately very typical for EE countries (unemployed alcoholic father, mother working in a factory, no cultural education, only a strong common sense and discipline coming from my mother). I listened, I observed, I recorded.

The main dogma I have retained - for food, clothes, relationships - is : "It's not about the price, it's about the quality". The quality doesn't have to be expensive, you just have to recognize it (or to invent it with your own talent). This part needs a little bit of initiation and asks for concrete exemples, I shall try to give tips here on an ongoing basis for girls who want to hear from me.

The second dogma : "When it comes to price, know how to spend your money". I have the perfect exemple to explain : the cashmere sweater. A girl, especially a young girl, who has no money, thinks this is too expensive and prefers spending a little amount on a H&M sweater in viscose or other cheap fabric. Statistically a young girl is able to buy at least 10 H&M sweaters/year at a price around 10 euros. So, in 12 month, she has already spent 100 euros for nothing because we all know what's going on with fast fashion products. Less than 100 euros is the price of a H&M or C&A cashmere sweater. It lasts several years or a lifetime for some of them. I had a black turtleneck from C&A for about 10 years, I was tired of it, it was indestructible, finally I arranged myself to do my apartment painting wearing it, in order to destroy it with painting and be able to take the decision to throw it away. I have a black cashmere long coat from Manor since 2017 (this is not an expensive brand in Geneva, I had it for 600CHF), he flew around the world tased behind me in the plane, used as a pillow or duvet in night trains, he took the snow, the rain, the sun and it's still in perfect condition without a fold. If someone waits for me at the airport/railway station, beffore getting off the plane/train I change my Isotoner shoes (🤭) with black or beige kitten heel shoes, I put on my cashmere black coat in amazing condition after 10h of flight/train, sunglasses and Sophia Loren is in the city. "He" because it's like a companion for me.

And here is Bastine's tip of the day. Always around the "why". Why cashmere is so important, why every rich outhere wears only cashmere, why this is quality and worth its price?
Because this is the most economical fabric on Earth! "Economical"??? Yes. This is the only fabric which loves water (cold water). The main enemy of your clothes is water because water destroys fabrics and fades colours. It is the opposite with cashmere : the more you wash it, the more it becomes beautiful. So, better to buy only one sweater in a year, but must be cashmere. It's for a lifetime, always elegant, always tidy.
The most reliable brand that I could advise is Eric Bompard, a classic sweater is around 250 euros but they have a lot of promotions driving down the prices. From 2010, every year I bought only one sweater, from Bompard. I started with neutral colours, then I moved on with strong colours and other types of pullovers. Today I have a beautiful collection and I didn't feel the purchases on my budget.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

teki_awas

Chatty Member
Here is the A-list moderators saying that they're entitled to edit people's messages to fit their needs. They would rather edit what people wrote over deleting it since they're struggling to keep the app going. Almost nobody is posting anything, the app is slowly dying.

Do you know of any app that posts a completely different message on your behalf? I don't, it's wrong.

1629960241596.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40

teki_awas

Chatty Member
TLDR: The A-list app is a scam where all the sheep are gathered, a glorified facebook group that is not worth anyone's time, unless you want to be brainwashed into thinking you need her course and app to stay relevant.

Hello everyone,

I was a blind follower of Anna Bey until something happened to me in the A-List app. I made a post under their 'Casual Conversations' tag, I indicated that the app was really active in the beginning, but that things had died down recently. I also said, and I'm paraphrasing: If we were to go to high-end places in a group of middle class women, how do we actually get into the affluent scene?

My post didn't break the rules, so the moderators kept it up. Many women commented below, sharing the things they liked and disliked about the platform, nothing offensive. Later that day, I noticed that 50+ comments went down to just 34, and then less and less. The moderators were deleting messages that they disapproved of.

And as for the rest of the responses, they were edited (words or entire phrases) to fit Anna Bey's narrative and promote their content. Some of the women who replied noticed their comments were not as they had written them. They weren't short, some of these messages were 3 or 4 paragraphs long, and they had taken the time to edit the whole thing.

I was asked by some to delete the whole post to avoid the moderators from posting on our behalf, under our name.

They keep editing the rules as they go, and the app has become nothing but poor quality posts with stock photos with watermarks on them. Replies under a post average 3-7 messages, all generic and uninteresting.

If you guys are interested in knowing more, let me know and I'll post more proof.

Screenshot 2021-08-26 111729.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38

laurensanchez

VIP Member
We have a new website! Anna is once again withholding the truth from her customers, this elegance quiz has been around for a while now. Ok I've just done it, it's basically an updated version of her old style personality quiz
Well I know who won't be featured in the next edition of Forbes 30 under 30 😉

I love the names Anna gives to her photo files 🤩 apparently those steps are the entrance to a library... @Bastine de Beaumanoir or any of the other Geneva ladies, any idea which library this is in Geneva?

@white_cat it's your turn for another installment of our favourite reality TV show 😉
Hi, can you tell me what is elegant about wearing an evening dress to the outside of a public building? In 100 words or less please, I am a slow, ugly and inelegant Plain Jane.

Surely it would be more affluent to be on the INSIDE of the building, at a charity gala or something to benefit the library's work?

I know, I sound very stupid. Anna did it so it must be okay.

• Haha
Reactions: 37

RatRaty

IMG_20210818_170732.jpg

IMG_20210818_180027.jpg

She said in her elegant sex video that She can't just let any other 'Joey' into her garden because there might be consequences after that. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37