Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mummyw2jj

I’ve never actually posted on here before but I just wanted to say, thank you for a bit of grown up perspective. I’m a similar age to Laura Anne. I sometimes look and think why can’t I afford to build a massive farmhouse immaculately done out or constantly kit my boys out in the latest fashions. Why has my only holiday been to wales this year and not Mauritius or Venice? I sometimes think I’m doing something wrong and compare myself to these instagrammers. And then I came on here this morning and was a massive relief. Like oh yeah. This isn’t the norm. For a lot of people. I do ok and my kids are happy and healthy and I have more than a lot and less than a lot and I should just be grateful for what I have. I think this social media lark is pretty toxic at times and it’s just nice to get some perspective from you all!!

• Heart
Reactions: 28

bluesims

Don't forget the free trip to Dubai. And disney. And they went to Mauritius (probably spelt that wrong).
The problem is not that LauraAd is on holiday. The problem is influencers like LauraAd making it seem like holidays in double figures every year is normal for the average family. Social media women like LA are contributing to people who can't afford this lifestyle getting into debt because they think this sort of lifestyle is normal. People used to compare themselves to their friends or relatives or neighbours ('Keeping up with the Jones') But now it's on a whole different scale. Rich influencers posting more IG stories from their 22nd holiday this year, while your Sunday plans involve taking the kids to Asda to do the big shop. It's very difficult not to feel substandard when that is your comparison. So it encourages booking holidays that you can't afford, just to be able to show on social media that you're having a fantastic life.

I just think LauraAd and people like her should think carefully about what kind of narrative they are putting out into the world. How is her career helping anyone? It's cynically contributing nothing but overwhelming levels of consumerism and debt.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

tcaketess

Hi - I am another person that has followed this thread but never posted and I'm flabbergasted by the Venice trip - it looks like she has sought every instagram bucket list moment for the trip just to compete with the insta travel young influencers, which contradicts the family holiday vibe. Floating round in long designer dresses & gondola outfits for the boys - its just a marketing reel for brands. I do think its all going to come crashing down with some of these 'luxury' influencers as the cost of living crisis has become very real and it doesn't matter how many affiliated links they share & discount codes people will be pulling in all reserves. Lauren (Hunters & Heels) is the same - rented accomodation and frivolous spending - their time on insta has a shelf life - there was a market for the escapism post pandemic but these people are not reading the room and the smugness is insulting.
So for those that feel a little deflated when they see this, please remember - their lives aren't real, they aren't happy if they are creating that level of content to 'escape', they are unlikely to have any personal pension, they are likely to have significant debt, at some point their employability from brands will diminish and their bubbles will burst. Consumers are now choosing who they spend their money with and are being switched off from the influencing lifestyle. I work in retail and have worked for some of the premium department store brands in the world and know how an influencer can make / break a campaign. They are living in the now, but their style and frivolous lifestyle isn't the future - they are the QVC of the 90's right now but lets see how they get through the next 6 months - those big range cookers and large deluxe freezers and hot tubs are all going to use a lot of electricity, don't think it will be all glamour. LA's little buds will be a luxury item that customers will be shelving to pay the fuel bill - watch this space for lots of giveaway's & promotions as I imagine she will be sitting on a lot of stock.
apologies for the rant - just needed to share :)

• Heart
Reactions: 23

fallingpetal

Not one mention in any of her posts about the PIPS charity that William and Catherine were visiting today, that she met them outside of. God forbid she brings any attention to a very important suicide prevention charity. Could have donated and provided a link for others to do so. Would have been good PR. Ah well.

Reactions: 23

Cutthebull

VIP Member
Who knew that you couldn’t send a random, unsolicited cardboard box to the home of the Heir to the throne and his family? I’m flabbergasted.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
She’s annoyed me more than normal today! She’s gone to London the day before the Queens funeral after almost a week of well documented queues etc and she’s complaining it’s busy?? Has she forgotten she’s not actually a royal and won’t be receiving any special treatment. I can’t believe how much she’s getting off on someone dying 🥴

Reactions: 22

SpellingBea

VIP Member
She probably didn’t do the queue because she knew she couldn’t film herself inside Westminster Hall. She’d rather ‘gather content’ on the Mall and at… Fortnums (… why?). It’s all for show. We see through you Laura-Ad.

Reactions: 21

Justcyrious

VIP Member
On the BBC earlier they were mentioning that when The Queen went to Nairobi airport after her father passed away, photographers put the cameras down as a sign of respect for the mourning Queen. What a difference to what’s happening now, and not just Laura-Ad, although she’s a great example of it… That’s not the coronation, those are people who lost their loved one a few days ago and are on their way to spend one final evening as a family. Show some respect…

• Heart
Reactions: 19

FrankieBelle

VIP Member
How has no one commented on the fact that she’s actually enjoying the Queen’s death? This is a time of mourning so come to London to mark it, be respectful don’t go to fucking F&M and buy tea!! She’s grotesque!

curtainsonthewall

Chatty Member
Oh I’m so sorry you self entitled cunt you had to pay for a hotel over the market price cos you booked last minute ?!?!? Wise up and go home to your kids there’s loving the royal family and there’s you.

• Haha

lagoonlia

Her tracking of the royal helicopters to Balmoral with such frivolity is quite disgusting

• Angry

bluesims

I’ve never actually posted on here before but I just wanted to say, thank you for a bit of grown up perspective. I’m a similar age to Laura Anne. I sometimes look and think why can’t I afford to build a massive farmhouse immaculately done out or constantly kit my boys out in the latest fashions. Why has my only holiday been to wales this year and not Mauritius or Venice? I sometimes think I’m doing something wrong and compare myself to these instagrammers. And then I came on here this morning and was a massive relief. Like oh yeah. This isn’t the norm. For a lot of people. I do ok and my kids are happy and healthy and I have more than a lot and less than a lot and I should just be grateful for what I have. I think this social media lark is pretty toxic at times and it’s just nice to get some perspective from you all!!
Thanks for posting this. It's exactly why social media is such a disaster for people's mental health. Normal lives are seen as 'not good enough' and everything has to be luxury homes, perfect decor, holidays, new clothes, beauty treatments, etc etc. Before social media, normal people weren't expected to have those things. But now people like LA exists on Instagram to sell me an unattainable lifestyle. It's not 'Ooh Linda next door got a new car' it's 'Everything in your life is nowhere near as upmarket as it should be'. Honestly, the quicker the concept of Influencers dies, the better off humanity will be.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Hellsbells42

I’ve just looked at her stories today, I’m appalled at the ad/aff link on her bloody lkbennett coat, I clicked on it just out of curiosity, £599!!!!!! Who the eff has nearly £600 to spend on a coat? Oh and she bought 2 Kate Spade bags cos ya know why not spring/autumn and all!!! Who are her bloody audience???? When is the bubble going to burst on these influencers lives?? She is deluded and I really think she believes her and Kate will become friends!! I really shouldn’t look at her posts but she’s like a scab I have to pick at! So grateful for this forum to vent! 😡

• Wow
Reactions: 18

DeloresBawbag

VIP Member
Impossible to watch her antics without goggling wide eyed at the screen. I’m not a royalist but do respect the head of state. On a human level it is just wrong to behave like that about a death.

Presumably these royal obsessives whip themselves into a frenzy, unaware that to everyone else, they look like disrespectful fruit loops.

And THEN, she has the cheek to petulantly whine ‘I’m sorry for your loss sir,’ like an ingratiating serf, when she’s spent the previous 24 hours buying snacks, whooping, giggling and barely containing her excitement 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 17

fedupfatty

Such a grief tourist just had to go just to say brag that she was there. No quiet reflection afterwards just boom back into the food post.

Reactions: 17

AFlyOnYourWall

VIP Member
Is she for real?! She’s getting on like she’s a fucking reporter. I’ve never seen someone so disrespectful and ignorant in all my life 🤯 what a wanker

Reactions: 16

Pomegranate

VIP Member
I think the only “luck” she has when Royals are about that she is probably better looking, better dressed and generally is more presentable then your average person in the crowd so clearly stands out and gets picked.
It’s almost given she will get chosen. And of course it makes a good PR picture pretty middle class lady, smiling waving flowers. Nothing to do with the luck I’d say.

Charles and Camilla were clearly not impressed with Laura videoing them at a time of grief. Did anyone else notice?
How completely insensittve of her.
At least the lady in front was polite, showed them a nice photo.
Laura videoing for her Instagram page.
Truly disgusting behaviour. She doesn't seem to feel empathy. . Same when discussing spencer Matthews brother who died.
A thought crossed my mind, narcissists don't do empathy well.

• Heart
That Stitch Fix ad is hilarious… as if she is going to wear those clothes when she wears £600 dresses to family cookouts. Also her voiceover sounded like she was really phoning it in. Ads like these work with influencers if we really believe that the product is part of the person’s life, so I don’t think they’ve been watching her ‘gram lately.
Not once in the last twelve months has she looked like a busy working mum who has struggled to find time to shop for herself

• Haha
Reactions: 15