Ai

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The technology isn't the problem. It's the way it'll be used, by who, and in what way. No doubt humanity will find another way to duck itself. why do good when you can just line your pockets and be cruel to others? It's the human way! 😒

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Chat GPT will cost education bodies hours of extra work not just to determine whether someone’s work has been created by AI, but to restructure assessment methods. The way things are being taught is being changed because of Chat GPT; more exams will be implemented because of it and likely within the next year. If you’ve gone an entire year using Chat GPT where you can, you are going to feel a jolt when you sit down in the exam hall with 50% of your grade depending on what you put down on the paper in front of you. I know students might think they are saving themselves faff but that pull on resources is going to be felt elsewhere.

I just wish it hadn’t been spaffed out to the public like this. The genie is well out of the bottle now

Reactions: 4
It scares the crap out of me and makes me wish I'd been born about seventy years earlier so I'd be dead by the time we've really got to be afraid!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Chat GPT will cost education bodies hours of extra work not just to determine whether someone’s work has been created by AI, but to restructure assessment methods. The way things are being taught is being changed because of Chat GPT; more exams will be implemented because of it and likely within the next year. If you’ve gone an entire year using Chat GPT where you can, you are going to feel a jolt when you sit down in the exam hall with 50% of your grade depending on what you put down on the paper in front of you. I know students might think they are saving themselves faff but that pull on resources is going to be felt elsewhere.

I just wish it hadn’t been spaffed out to the public like this. The genie is well out of the bottle now
Totally agree with you. It is often impossible to determine whether a text is written by a human or chatGPT without a special program. If people study only for the sake of getting a diploma and use such means for the sake of getting good grades, then it's really sad.

Reactions: 3
I feel like somebody wants humans to self destruct/be fxxked up. All this technology, dumbing down/addiction of tik tok/instagram/reality shows/trans gender& drag act/ mass manipulation during covid & the covid vaccine/cost of living/ etc seems so "forced" to destroy human brains and common sense.
Sounds crazy 🤪 I know.

If I believed in God I'd be able to blame it as the devil's work👺👹 (he'd better look like the emoji, I don't want a slick suited Samuel Neil!).

**goes off to an island with no WiFi!**

Reactions: 4

I can see exams going back to paper only, in a sealed room. Maybe also some spontaneous in class tests where there are no laptops, or, unseen questions. To be honest I can see ChatGPT being a nightmare for coursework based courses.
---
I feel like somebody wants humans to self destruct/be fxxked up. All this technology, dumbing down/addiction of tik tok/instagram/reality shows/trans gender& drag act/ mass manipulation during covid & the covid vaccine/cost of living/ etc seems so "forced" to destroy human brains and common sense.
Sounds crazy 🤪 I know.

If I believed in God I'd be able to blame it as the devil's work👺👹 (he'd better look like the emoji, I don't want a slick suited Samuel Neil!).

Same. I've watched a few videos pf YouTubers trying to talk to chatGPT and they found it can take a sinister turn, almost demonically, and also it seems censored, i.e. an American Republican tried to ask it about gender ideology etc, and it said conservative views on it were unable to be discussed, and basically chastised the youtuber, yet when they talked to it "like a leftie" it parrotted everything. Whoever is "teaching it/ programming it" is biased, and it's definitely a tool to sway people one way. I refuse to engage with it myself. It worries me that kids growing up know will ask it questions about anything and take what it says as gospel. Misinformation will be massive issue.

Sounds crazy 🤪 I know.

The inventors of Twitter and TikTok have gotta be high on that list, especially TikTok!

It is all a bit worrying. I'm a huge terminator movie fan so that probably colours my outlook.
That and the self drive vehicles.
I can easily imagine a dystopian future.
Having said that I do actually have a liking for tech too. With automated homes and so on
What we need to remember is a speck of dust on your debit card can screw up the system in the store so I'm expecting should the ai get out of hand a speck of dust can bring it all down.

It frightens me if I'm being on honest. I watched a video the other day where this guy took the 5 videos of a family vlogger and recreated her voice with AI.

• Sick
  • Wow
All written content is just going to be robotty and rubbish as companies try to save money by doing it with AI :( it’s going to be like one big TikTok

AI is bleeping terrifying.

I asked Chat GPT one of my assignment questions at uni, gave it all the relevant information and it still couldn't get it right. Whilst for some subjects I'm sure it'd be fine, if you don't know your stuff you won't be able to check it yourself before you submit your work and it could very well be wrong. The quality of it is pretty low tbh.

Anyone doing this is only cheating themselves anyway tbh, good luck going through school and failing exams because you learnt nothing, or landing a job after uni and realising you're way out of your depth because you never studied.

Anyone doing this is only cheating themselves anyway tbh, good luck going through school and failing exams because you learnt nothing, or landing a job after uni and realising you're way out of your depth because you never studied.
David Cameron got a First from Oxford and he's thick as tit so AI or not, it'll always be about which family you were born into if you want to 'get on'.

Reactions: 1