7 year old won't listen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My 7 year old daughter will not listen to me or her Dad and it's starting to drive us mad. It's not that she's really naughty or in trouble at school it's more that she just doesn't seem to do anything we ask, like brushing hair, getting dressed etc. Whenever she is in trouble it's like she doesn't really care about the consequences. I remember having a healthy fear of my parents at that age đŸ˜‚ Is this just totally normal or are there things I need to be doing to get her to listen to us?

Her first independence growth! There will be more!

Keep calm, don't shout. Reason with her.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1
It’s normal, if you can try not to give her any attention (negative) when she is playing up but go major OTT on the praise when she actually does listen, it works wonders.

Reactions: 2
I honestly looked at boarding school when my son was 7, he was awful! the day he turned 8 was like a switch flicked and he's back to being my lovely boy but man 7 was awful! my daughters just turned 6 so I have it all to go through again next year!

We started a reward chart but as well as earning himself stars he also lost them if I had to ask him to something more than twice.
Have you spoken to her teacher? my son was always "a angel" at school but a sh*t at home lol