Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MaxieMoo

VIP Member
Hi

This is SO off topic - hope it's OK! Looking for mini break recommendations for my OH and I please? Either this country (UK) or European cities please. Probably only going for a couple of nights - we love eating, drinking, wandering, people watching, the odd museum, a good church (bloody love a church!), bit of history and not too extortionate in price. TIA.
Krakow in Poland will cover all of those requirements. Easy to get to. Fantastic food. Not overly expensive and the most amazing churches.

Reactions: 4
I know it’s not on your list but do consider Budapest if you haven’t been before. It’s absolutely beautiful, so much to see and do and it’s cheap!!!

Reactions: 2

Guacamole123

Chatty Member
I know you narrowed it down to 3, but if you haven’t considered it I’d totally recommend Budapest. Soo underrated and really really cheap.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Dublin is great - so much to see and do with lots of history. Small enough to walk everywhere (just!) but large enough to have plenty of sights. Lots of museums, churches and cracking bars. Airport is just north of the city with plenty of good buses.
If you wanted to stay in the UK Bath is beautiful with lots to see and do. The actual Roman Baths themselves are fascinating.

Justhereforbants

Krakow in Poland will cover all of those requirements. Easy to get to. Fantastic food. Not overly expensive and the most amazing churches.
I was about to say Kraków as soon as I saw this thread. It’s an amazing weekend away would deffo recommend

Impleo

VIP Member
Hi

This is SO off topic - hope it's OK! Looking for mini break recommendations for my OH and I please? Either this country (UK) or European cities please. Probably only going for a couple of nights - we love eating, drinking, wandering, people watching, the odd museum, a good church (bloody love a church!), bit of history and not too extortionate in price. TIA.
We went to Berlin in the summer and really enjoyed it. Lovely people, good food, shopping, sightseeing and drinking. It didn't feel like an expensive city.

Reactions: 1

bubbletea123

VIP Member
We went to Rome and loved it. We went at the end of March and it wasn't too warm or busy. So much to see and amazing food.

nobrains

Dubrovnik is amazing! First holiday away with my husband (then boyfriend) about 6 years ago! We flew business class and stayed in a 4 star hotel (we didnt live together, both worked full time) Now..we have a mortgage, a one year old, I only work part time and we are very excited for our haven holiday in May!!! Lol. Its a fantastic place, lots to, great scenery, cheap, fantastic restaurants and the old town is amazing with so many fantastic things hidden away!!

Noname12345

Chatty Member
I love mini breaks. I loved Edinburgh, but Europe wise Budapest, Prague, Berlin and Vienna are great. I loved Barcelona and Reykjavik. And Brugge! And Dublin!

I found Oslo and Stockholm a bit disappointing.

We're going to Berlin again. And Amsterdam. Never been to Paris, Rome, Madrid or Lisbon.

Has anyone been to Copenhagen?

Scvee13

I love mini breaks. I loved Edinburgh, but Europe wise Budapest, Prague, Berlin and Vienna are great. I loved Barcelona and Reykjavik. And Brugge! And Dublin!

I found Oslo and Stockholm a bit disappointing.

We're going to Berlin again. And Amsterdam. Never been to Paris, Rome, Madrid or Lisbon.

Has anyone been to Copenhagen?
Been to Copenhagen a couple of years ago, loved it. We went for 4 days, wish we had booked for longer. Would love to go back

blondelolita

Chatty Member
Have been to Budapest, Krakow and Prague and would recommend all 3, cheap food, cheap wine and lots to do and see.

Scvee13

Been to Berlin, Budapest, Paris, Rome, Krakow, Reykjavik and Copehagen. Budapest is beautiful and we had loads to do, cheap also. Rome is also beautiful and loads to do but expensive x

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Not been to Copenhagen but would appreciate any Dublin recommendations you’ve got please?! I’m going soon and only have two full days there so want to make sure we don’t miss the best bits.
I will come back with more specific recommendations but my only one now is an annoyingly vague 'just wander' and see where it takes you. We go quite a lot and love 'Cafe En Seine' which is a sort of crazy huge rococco bar stuffed with antiques and open fires and is always buzzy and interesting.
What sort of thing are you interested in? The National Art gallery is always good with a nice cafe (with wine).
It seriously is the best city to just plunge in and enjoy.

urghwhy

I went to Rome in September this year and it was HOT. I'm talking 34 degrees at one point, I was grateful we stayed in a hotel with an outdoor pool.

It was great but if you do the hop-on hop-off bus you will spend most of it in traffic. Just walk everywhere and it's great. The food is good and reasonably priced. Beware of pickpockets though.

Dizzy

VIP Member
Thank you everyone. I’ve been to quite a few European cities but not Krakow, Berlin (on my list for ages) or Prague so I’m looking at those. I’m going to Seville and Amsterdam later in the year so one of these would be quite different I imagine.

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
Krakow is lovely but Gdańsk is much prettier and imo the better of the 2. Beautiful city centre to walk around, stunning church and the WW2 is the best museum I’ve visited.

Pickminy

Biggish birthday next year and would like to go away for a few days with my husband. Have narrowed it down to these 3 cities. Has anyone been? Any tips?

Planning on a relaxed weekend, sightseeing, eating and sleeping.