1st birthday parties

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The end of this message has me tearing up, I needed to hear that so thank you ❤ I am so glad to read everyone’s opinions and reading about your intimate parties for your babies. I’ve been surrounded by so many OTT parties within my family and friend circle so it’s refreshing to hear other experiences. I just couldn’t imagine paying all that money out for my own child not to remember it and have other peoples older children enjoy it and remember it more than my daughter. Can not wait to celebrate with something intimate now!
In all honesty lovely, the real fun begins when they’re turning 2/3/4, they bloody love it and get so so excited about everything. It’s such an exciting and emotional time but when they turn 1, but that should be yours to cherish really. Glad you’ve made the right decision for you 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
often I see people throwing huge parties for their child’s first birthday
All for the gram kidda. All for the gram.
They are one. They won’t remember it. It doesn’t matter what you do. They won’t give a rats arse. They’ll not be bothered by the presents or the Facebook/gram pics. Don’t sweat

Reactions: 1
I’m not on social media but I feel a huge amount of pressure as we are a 1 parent family. I live in fear of people pitying us!
First birthday was tea party with friends and family, second trip to the pumpkin patch with baby friends and then Peppa Pig World.
The older I get the more I realise I don’t need to worry about what people think of our lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The pressure of feeling like you have to spend a mad amount is awful! I had my daughter at 21 and ever since both my sisters who had children older than me have been quite judgy and because they’ve had all the expensive parties I feel like that’s another thing on their list to judge me for. That’s the only reason I even thought of a party, but I know deep down it’s not my thing and people on this thread have thrown around some great ideas so im very thankful 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My boys 1st birthdays were spent at the zoo with just grandma's and their uncle, small family day out. 2nd and 3rd birthdays were again day trips somewhere with family. 4th birthday I started inviting about 3 of their friends over for a small party/bouncy castle etc ... Now they are teenagers and we've done all sorts like Bowling, Swimming, Lazer quest, Cinemas - they won't miss out, try not to feel the pressure :)

So my baby turns 1 in January, I know it’s a bit away but I’m starting to panic. So often I see people throwing huge parties for their child’s first birthday (masses of balloons, huge cakes, bouncy castle, entertainment etc) and although it looks fun I just am so conflicted on what to do. I love parties, but I just don’t want to waste all that money when my daughter won’t remember it and other children will probably enjoy it more than she will. But on the other hand, it’s such a special occasion I don’t want to under celebrate but I would love a low key celebration 😫 What did you do for your child’s first birthday & what are your opinions on this new trend of OTT parties?
The OTT parties make me cringe tbh, I can’t think of a nice way to say it but it tends to be the people I know are chronic over spenders so the whole thing makes me anxious for them?

But if you have friends/family local then don’t feel like having a “normal” party isn’t worth it! I went to the best first birthday party that was in my friend’s parent’s (huge lol) garden and was SO lovely. Costco cake, pizza, fruit, loads of food from dad’s culture, ten million aunties, a tiny bouncy castle (which the babies LOVED) and some soft play and we had a brilliant time. Baby came home drenched in strawberry remnants and my cheeks actually ached where I’d been smiling all day! I’d rather that than have to wear a Kim Kardashian West’s skims inspired tonal outfit and sit on a B&M cushion next to some tit spray painted palette with a grazing board off some no food hygiene certificate Insta hun 😳

Reactions: 3
The OTT parties make me cringe tbh, I can’t think of a nice way to say it but it tends to be the people I know are chronic over spenders so the whole thing makes me anxious for them?

But if you have friends/family local then don’t feel like having a “normal” party isn’t worth it! I went to the best first birthday party that was in my friend’s parent’s (huge lol) garden and was SO lovely. Costco cake, pizza, fruit, loads of food from dad’s culture, ten million aunties, a tiny bouncy castle (which the babies LOVED) and some soft play and we had a brilliant time. Baby came home drenched in strawberry remnants and my cheeks actually ached where I’d been smiling all day! I’d rather that than have to wear a Kim Kardashian West’s skims inspired tonal outfit and sit on a B&M cushion next to some tit spray painted palette with a grazing board off some no food hygiene certificate Insta hun 😳
Haha that sounds like an amazing day! I’m fortunate to have a decent sized garden, but Scottish weather in January will definitely not be on my side for an outdoor bash 🤣 I am thinking along the likes of Costco cake, a small buffet with some hot & cold foods and then some little cupcakes, party games for the kids and some music! I’ll probably buy my little girl some of that soft play stuff so the younger babies can play on that as well! I am getting way ahead of myself though, still to get through Christmas first 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 2