Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My neighbours are awful, loud music (they have a mahoosive speaker in the garden right against our side of the fence) kids screaming (who don't even live there) about 10 grandchildren running around screaming till 12.30am šŸ˜£ constant peeking over our fence and putting the music on louder when they see us sitting there, smoking weed till all hours every day/night. we complained 4-5 times and absolutely nothing has been done. They have their dogs in cages in the house too, stuck in one cage (there's 5 dogs) they are barking/crying all night too. We reported it to RSPCA but they were warned in advance they'd be getting visit?! I didn't even know that was a thing? So they obviously moved them out and made it look like they have proper beds.
I recently had a miscarriage and I'm trying to grieve properly but I'm finding it hard when I can't get a minutes silence. I also have PTSD so my senses are heightened anyway. I just don't know what else to do.
Iā€™d report the dog situation to police instead maybe? Iā€™m so sorry for your loss, and that the situation is so stressful.

Reactions: 2
My neighbours are awful, loud music (they have a mahoosive speaker in the garden right against our side of the fence) kids screaming (who don't even live there) about 10 grandchildren running around screaming till 12.30am šŸ˜£ constant peeking over our fence and putting the music on louder when they see us sitting there, smoking weed till all hours every day/night. we complained 4-5 times and absolutely nothing has been done. They have their dogs in cages in the house too, stuck in one cage (there's 5 dogs) they are barking/crying all night too. We reported it to RSPCA but they were warned in advance they'd be getting visit?! I didn't even know that was a thing? So they obviously moved them out and made it look like they have proper beds.
I recently had a miscarriage and I'm trying to grieve properly but I'm finding it hard when I can't get a minutes silence. I also have PTSD so my senses are heightened anyway. I just don't know what else to do.
Iā€˜m so sorry, that must be awful for you. Are they tenants or owners?

Iā€™d report the dog situation to police instead maybe? Iā€™m so sorry for your loss, and that the situation is so stressful.
Yes that's a good idea actually. Although these days I doubt they'd do anything, these types of people always come out the victim somehow. X
---
Iā€˜m so sorry, that must be awful for you. Are they tenants or owners?

They're tenants x
---
Also to follow on... when we've complained the housing have told them beforehand that one of those noise tracker things have been installed in our house by them, is that supposed to happen? Because that seems counter productive lol. They're on karaoke in The garden right now so no peaceful night for us

• Sad
Bloody hell they sound horrendous @Elltee i really feel for you. It makes you dread the nice weather and weekends doesnā€™t it. Hopefully some other people have complained so they might not last very long if theyā€™re tenants! šŸ¤ž

Bloody hell they sound horrendous @Elltee i really feel for you. It makes you dread the nice weather and weekends doesnā€™t it. Hopefully some other people have complained so they might not last very long if theyā€™re tenants! šŸ¤ž
I've spoke to a few people around here who don't like them but I don't think it's enough for them to actually complain because they aren't living directly next door to them so it doesn't really affect them as much as it does us, so I think we are stuck here until they move. We've lived here for 17 years, they only moved in 7 years ago and I don't think we've had a peaceful weekend since.
Even in the winter they have an outhouse shed thing and they sit in there with a heater on and blast their music in there instead and we can still hear it. šŸ˜£

• Sad
Reactions: 3
7 years dear me Iā€™ve struggled with just over a year I donā€™t know how you do it. I really wish you the best for the future - youā€™ve been through a lot recently and these nightmare neighbours are making it worse. I donā€™t know what to suggest other than complaining to the landlordā€¦ is it an agent or a private landlord? Itā€™s so tricky when youā€™re worried about making the situation worse. Some people seem untouchable

Reactions: 1
Can anyone help or has been in a situation with neighbours constantly screaming at each other, sounding like the house is being smashed up, she also has a dog that barks at everything all day.

I'm going through this atm & been going on at least 3x a week for about 8 months. I've contacted the council and they've said they will knock if I give the go ahead im just worried about retribution or come backs?

They also smoke cannabis and it stinks my whole house but but council have said that's a tricky one as they can deny it and it can't be proved šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

My friends have said not to stir the pot and get officials involved as people get "stabbed up" for doing such just to let it run its course as she looks the type to not stick around but she's been there since July 21

Just really fed up of it now & don't know what to do
This sounds exactly like my neighbour! The police eventually removed him but now Iā€™m stuck with her, her animals and kid that she ignores and just sits in her pit all day smoking weed. She gets her food/pet food bank deliveries and then all her Amazon deliveries that knock on my door cos sheā€™s too stoned to hear it! If you say anything to her she cries and sends her family round to have a go at you. She also creates so much rubbish and piles it up everywhere and so me and our other neighbours wonā€™t let her use our bins (she used to put all her trash in our bins when hers overflowed - usually 2days after it was last emptied)

• Wow
This sounds exactly like my neighbour! The police eventually removed him but now Iā€™m stuck with her, her animals and kid that she ignores and just sits in her pit all day smoking weed. She gets her food/pet food bank deliveries and then all her Amazon deliveries that knock on my door cos sheā€™s too stoned to hear it! If you say anything to her she cries and sends her family round to have a go at you. She also creates so much rubbish and piles it up everywhere and so me and our other neighbours wonā€™t let her use our bins (she used to put all her trash in our bins when hers overflowed - usually 2days after it was last emptied)
Yes we had the exact same with the bins also, is yours in a council property? Could you not report them to environmental health? I was told to keep a diary of everything, record noise, threats, etc as it helps to build a case for eviction or asbos.

How sickening is it knowing she's getting food bank deliveries along side amazon parcels and smoking weed. Unbelievable!

Mine ended up moving out about 6 months ago thank god after it all came to blows and her front windows got bricked, I thought it would never end.

I have a lovely couple now with a young baby that seem to appreciate the house. Hopefully you have the same luck and shes gone by Christmas šŸ™

• Heart
So sorry to hear of you all having these issues.
I live on a new estate. Itā€™s nothing fancy but itā€™s mostly owned with the 10% of council housing. 9/10 council houses are kept lovely by the tenant.

Anyway, one is a complete mess. Crap out the front for months. So someone reported them to the local authority. Anyway, this tenant has kicked off on the Facebook page saying we are all snobs and should have offered to clear it for her.

How is your mess our responsibility? Youā€™re renting a lovely house for a slither of what others pay! Have some respect.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I just had to find this thread to rant and download after what happened to me this morning!

We are having new fencing in on one side of our garden. Our fencing on our road of terraced housing doesnā€™t have designated ā€œownersā€, itā€™s just an unwritten rule that everyone pays for the one on the right hand side of their garden. We had three separate conversations of what to do with our neighbours on that side. We are replacing it at full cost to ourselves, we havenā€™t asked them to pay nor have they offered.

Their main criteria was not to disturb the Ivy that was completely covering the old fence. The old fence was completely buckling under the weight of this Ivy, essentially collapsing. Anyway, we agreed to leave certain parts of the old Ivy covered fence in-situ (!) just to please them, but obviously needed to be quite brutal with removing most of the ivy to clear the way for our new fence. Obviously not cutting anything growing on their side of the boundary, but a lot of it naturally had to come down due to the new panels.

I come down from working upstairs today to both neighbours literally screaming and yelling at our fencing people and then at me.

Apparently we maliciously went back on what we agreed, we tore down a small part of it that theyā€™d wanted to keep. Iā€™ve never been yelled at by another human before so itā€™s totally thrown me. I just canā€™t believe people go through life like that?!?!? We are about 25 years younger than them and they have grandkids. Who treats a young couple who are already forking out Ā£000s like that šŸ˜¤šŸ˜” itā€™s upset me so much!

• Sad
  • Wow
Sorry to hear about all your neighbour issues. I remember posting on here about my awful neighbours, I luckily moved house recently and life is now good.
Except a neighbour on one side their garden is like a jungle. All of their fences are damaged and falling apart and one in particular between our boundary is leaning into our garden. It has something heavy against it so we canā€™t even push it back. Itā€™s taken a chunk of our patio space where we planned to put our chair set. They apparently have no plans to replace the fences or do anything about the leaning panel. Does anyone know what we can do about it that wonā€™t get us in trouble?im tempted to smash it up when theyā€™re not home and put our own fences in but they seem to type to take us to court for talking too loudly.
Greencatfysh they sound like idiots, you canā€™t take fences down and keep plants intact.Naturally they would have come away so itā€™s not your fault. Their plants damaged your fence and you have every right to expect them to not grow anything on it again, itā€™s considered criminal damage. I used to have similar issues with my old neighbours, some people are just nasty. Ignore them and continue with your plans.

Reactions: 4
Sorry to hear about all your neighbour issues. I remember posting on here about my awful neighbours, I luckily moved house recently and life is now good.
Except a neighbour on one side their garden is like a jungle. All of their fences are damaged and falling apart and one in particular between our boundary is leaning into our garden. It has something heavy against it so we canā€™t even push it back. Itā€™s taken a chunk of our patio space where we planned to put our chair set. They apparently have no plans to replace the fences or do anything about the leaning panel. Does anyone know what we can do about it that wonā€™t get us in trouble?im tempted to smash it up when theyā€™re not home and put our own fences in but they seem to type to take us to court for talking too loudly.
Greencatfysh they sound like idiots, you canā€™t take fences down and keep plants intact.Naturally they would have come away so itā€™s not your fault. Their plants damaged your fence and you have every right to expect them to not grow anything on it again, itā€™s considered criminal damage. I used to have similar issues with my old neighbours, some people are just nasty. Ignore them and continue with your plans.
Thank you ā¤ Iā€™m just thrown by how angry and spiteful people can be. Iā€™m solutions focused so I was trying to calmly ask what the solution is. I think in your case itā€™s best to work out whoā€™s side is whoā€™s and then chat to them about it. Same situation as us, would they rather we wait til it collapses or sort it now and let the greenery grow back?!

Reactions: 1