Center Parcs best rapids (any location, UK or Europe)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi. This is quite a specific question but any general Center Parcs chat is welcome.

I'm trying to find the best Center Parcs in terms of the swimming facilities, but particularly the best rapids. The rapids are the highlight of my children's lives (according to them!) and I'm keen to find the best place to take them. We have been to De Kempervennen (in The Netherlands), Het Meerdal (The Netherlands) and Erperheide (Belgium). Of these, I'd say so far Erperheide had the best rapids, Het Meerdal second, and De Kempervennen third.

I definitely wouldn't rule out going to a UK location if the rapids action is good, but would prefer Europe as I find it's cheaper and the surrounding shops etc nicer to buy supplies to cook at the cottages. I went to Woburn a while ago pre children and can't recall the rapids specifically.

Or, alternatively, it doesn't have to be a Center Parcs specifically if there are any holiday parks with excellent rapids/swimming/flumes etc I'd also be interested to hear.

Any help welcome!

I can only recommend the U.K. center parcs as they’re the only ones I have been to. The Sherwood Forest center parcs has the best reputation in terms of their swimming pool/rapids, and I would agree as the others are quite small. However, I don’t know how it would compare to one of the center parcs in Europe! I love the Sherwood Forest center parcs and go every other year :) the swimming is the highlight!

I've been to Whinfell (many years ago), Elveden, Sherwood and Woburn.

Of those, Whinfell doesn't technically have rapids they have the canyon slide. Sherwoods rapids have what we call the whirlpool of doom at the bottom but you can get out half way if you don't fancy it, you do have to hoick yourself over a couple of humps on the way down. Elveden's are decent and the exit is a lot calmer than Sherwood. Woburn is pretty similar to Elveden in that respect.

Woburn's pool in general is a lot smaller than Sherwood/Elveden and concentrates more on rides than a big main pool.

Sherwood and Elveden have really nice indoor pools but Sherwood has the largest outdoor pool. Elveden probably has the nicest indoor pool (and it has a little grotto thing)

I'd recommend looking on youtube for guests videos as lots of people film themselves going down the rapids.

We tend to go to Sherwood (because it's the closest TBH and there isn't much to choose between them).