Boddler Advice #2 I seen a deer, even with my squealing boddler

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I’d say closer to 15 months it gets better

Oh no not another regression please 😂😭

Went with the pillow under the sheet, yet to buy pillow cases for him yet anyway, wonder if he’ll sleep through 🤞

We were talking about changing the cot to a cot bed soon because of how much he loves to climb everything now.. but I’m worried it’s gonna mess his sleep up, he’s just all go and wants to play all the time. Won’t he just get out of bed and find things to do or play with 🙃

Has anyone give their boddlers a pillow yet?

Nhs says 12months+ its okay to and I think in the US their guidelines are 2 years and up? So now it’s made me question if we should do it yet

Ordered one on a tired decision last night and it arrived today
It probably isn’t going to make a difference to his sleep reallllly is it 😂

If we do use it now does it just go under their cot sheet? Or did I just imagine seeing that somewhere
We co sleep, because we have to 😂 and have for a longggggg time.

We have super king size bed and so we’ve always put our pillows to the side and left a gap in the middle for the baby. And I mean our pillows hang of the edge. Not lullaby trust but I cannot sleep without a pillow.
Anyway, he’s 16 months and I think for the last 6 months, he’s moved to sleep with a pillow instead of the gap that’s half the bed 🙄 xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We co sleep, because we have to 😂 and have for a longggggg time.

We have super king size bed and so we’ve always put our pillows to the side and left a gap in the middle for the baby. And I mean our pillows hang of the edge. Not lullaby trust but I cannot sleep without a pillow.
Anyway, he’s 16 months and I think for the last 6 months, he’s moved to sleep with a pillow instead of the gap that’s half the bed 🙄 xxx
We do the same with our pillows when he’s in our bed as well. Usually doesn’t matter because he ends up sleeping upside down or horizontal anyway 😂

Been watching on the monitor but his head has stayed on his pillow and he’s stayed vertical so far 😅 I never understand the sleeping positions he always ends up in but looks like it might have made a difference !

Towards the end of 15 months it got a little better for us here, unless he’s unwell then it’s rocky. We are mostly back on track again at the moment (17 months) but I’m sure I read somewhere theres another regression at 18 months 😩
This is the one I am dreading. It as by far the worst for us. I even gave up night feeds but it didn’t help. My first was a terrible sleeper anyway so I’m hoping it’s easier this time round.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
When do these regressions stop! Baby wotsit was up every hour last night just stood in his cot sometimes upset, sometimes just stood there! Also how do people get them back to sleep without taking them outta cot…. I’m still offering abit of water and rocking gently/shhing. Iv tried setting in cot but all hell broke loose

• Heart
This is why I kinda feel like are we doing something wrong...when I Google/look online all of the advice is everything we don't do 🙈 the HV told us to get her off all bottles except bedtime when she was just turning 1, it's the only thing which will work so we ignore that advice 😆

We were also told not to cuddle her to sleep (she won't ever self settle) and we've been told to sleep train by friends - they make out as if it was two nights then all problems sorted. I just can't do it.

I think my answer is obvious...just gotta ride the wave and hope for a sleep saving miracle haha

This is why I kinda feel like are we doing something wrong...when I Google/look online all of the advice is everything we don't do 🙈 the HV told us to get her off all bottles except bedtime when she was just turning 1, it's the only thing which will work so we ignore that advice 😆

We were also told not to cuddle her to sleep (she won't ever self settle) and we've been told to sleep train by friends - they make out as if it was two nights then all problems sorted. I just can't do it.

I think my answer is obvious...just gotta ride the wave and hope for a sleep saving miracle haha
I think some of the information that's out there doesn't account for all babies being different. Not the actual scientific safety stuff, but stuff like self settling.

My first was still being rocked to sleep when he was heading towards 2. Partly because he needed it, and partly because I had more time and was able to sit in the rocking chair for as long as it took to get him to sleep. This one is pretty much self settling now, and has done for a couple of months. We read or sing a couple of songs, she has her milk, we cuddle for a bit, then I pop her in the cot and she goes to sleep. She's happy with that, and it helps me because I have the big one to deal with. She's just generally more independent than he was at the same age.

I think as long as it's not dangerous or detrimental to their health, then you don't need to worry too much, and do what works best for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Put baby L in the big bath again tonight and no tears!! He was delighted to be there but still didn't want to sit down 😂

Towards the end of 15 months it got a little better for us here, unless he’s unwell then it’s rocky. We are mostly back on track again at the moment (17 months) but I’m sure I read somewhere theres another regression at 18 months 😩
Plz no, I've only just recovered from 14months!

• Heart
Anyone’s little 14 month old still on 2 naps a day. Baby wotsit has always taken abit longer to drop naps…. He still has 2, only ever sleeps an hour tops for first and half an hour for second…. Can’t quite seem to stretch him staying awake to drop to one yet….

Anyone’s little 14 month old still on 2 naps a day. Baby wotsit has always taken abit longer to drop naps…. He still has 2, only ever sleeps an hour tops for first and half an hour for second…. Can’t quite seem to stretch him staying awake to drop to one yet….
We gave up on 2 naps around 15mo as baby L just couldn't do 2 at nursery for some reason and he'd come home loopy with tiredness from being awake since like midday. On a good day he'd do a bit over an hour, and then 30-45 in the afternoon. Since then he has 1 nap, nursery put him down around 1 and he usually has 90mins, he tends to sleep longer at home but we put him down earlier, I think because nursery is so busy he can stay awake a bit longer when he's there.

Bedtimes were a bit hard when we dropped to 1 nap and he was more giggly/irritable but I think he is more used to it now.

I think we dropped the second around the start of the 14m regression, he was just full on refusing to take the second nap but went down fine for the first.

It was quite a big adjustment when we changed things, moved the nap time but he was only taking an hour nap at first so then it was a long stretch til bedtime, but he adjusted and takes 2 hours minimum now.

If he’s still happy with the 2 naps and it works for you then I don’t think you need to try changing it yet? They’re all different 😅

Do what works. If he's happy and you're happy, keep it as is for now.

My 13 month old has dropped all her naps (She's a tiny terrorist - seriously, what goes in to these second children?!?!). She truly believes sleep is for the weak. My 2 year old can be a bit hit or miss with naps - we don't push them but if she seems sleepy or falls asleep on the couch etc, we'll just leave her.

Wondering how we drop bottles before nap and bedtime. We're only on two a day but without them he doesn't seem to fall asleep at all.

I've bought a NUK bottle which is meant to be better than a soft teat (we're using Mam ones) because I'm worrying about his teeth but I can't see a way out of this :/

Wondering how we drop bottles before nap and bedtime. We're only on two a day but without them he doesn't seem to fall asleep at all.

I've bought a NUK bottle which is meant to be better than a soft teat (we're using Mam ones) because I'm worrying about his teeth but I can't see a way out of this :/
We dropped the pre breakfast bottle fairly easily, we skipped it one morning because he had been sick the day before and he didn't seem too bothered so that seemed like a good point to stop (I try to bring water instead but most of the time he ignores it and starts asking/signing for daddy and food)

The night time bottle will be harder for us as it's a very ingrained part of the routine. I get him changed and do his creams, Mr L comes in and does the bottle and a story, then I come back and we do teeth and then Mr L puts him down. Mr L coming into his room during bedtime has a very strong association with getting a bottle and he gets upset if Mr L comes in without it for any reason. We are slowly reducing the amount in the bottle as a starting point but it's 99% about the comfort and routine at this point so I guess we will just have to bite the bullet and not do it one evening, with extra stories and cuddles. We do have a little post-bottle routine which helps cue baby L up for sleep, do you have anything like that or does little WC feed to sleep?

We still use a mam bottle with #2 teat, baby L does have a little gap between his two front teeth but it's been there since they came through and Mr L does as well so I'm not massively worried at the moment and the dentist didn't seem concerned.

• Heart

Not sure if it’s an option for you but we do little ones lunch just before the nap as I read this helps them sleep better, it’s a fairly early lunch sometimes but seems to have worked well for us.

Our bedtime routine probably looks a mess though so don’t know how to help with that one 😂 he has the milk in the same cup he uses for water and sometimes drinks maybe half of it. He knows where it is in the room but he just wants to run around and play so he usually isn’t that interested in it 😬