Toddler Advice Thread #6 Christmas is coming, as are the illnesses

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it’s normal but the change in my son since he hit 2 years old 😫😫 he was happy independent boy, now our day is mostly crying and tantrums. It’s just so difficult. Nursery have also said he’s much more emotional about toys and demanding certain toys!
I’ve also got a 2 year old that’s a pain in the butt at the minute. Lots of whinging and loss of independence he just wants to play or be on me ALLLLLL the time. It is a lot

I honestly don’t know what to do anymore about my 3 yr olds sleep. Saturday she woke for the day at 3.45am and didn’t go back to sleep. Yesterday she was awake 3.15-4.45am and tonight I’ve been up with her since 1.45 and it’s 4.10. I work almost full time and she is in nursery. I don’t know how she is running on empty. If I leave the room she totally freaks out. She won’t sleep on my bed unless she’s in the mood to go back to sleep. I feel like such a failure of a mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I honestly don’t know what to do anymore about my 3 yr olds sleep. Saturday she woke for the day at 3.45am and didn’t go back to sleep. Yesterday she was awake 3.15-4.45am and tonight I’ve been up with her since 1.45 and it’s 4.10. I work almost full time and she is in nursery. I don’t know how she is running on empty. If I leave the room she totally freaks out. She won’t sleep on my bed unless she’s in the mood to go back to sleep. I feel like such a failure of a mum.
Trust me you are definitely not a failure. Perhaps she is coming down with something?
what do you do when she wakes up? Does she still nap?
If you makes you feel better I’m sitting here replying crying as I have had the worst few days with my toddler. He won’t sleep in his own bed, the battles to get him back in his room are so bad I give up (I know it’s not what you’re meant to do) but when you’re shattered and in the middle of the night you just give in. He won’t be on his own in the day either. He has a meltdown if I’m in another room. I’m getting hit smacked and slapped on a daily basis.
honest the neighbours must think I’m close to the edge and about to murder him the reactions he gives to just getting dressed or getting in the car seat. Being a parent is the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have no advice but just wanted to share my solidarity with you both. My 3yo climbs into our bed every night without fail at around 12-2am. We cannot get her to sleep in her own bed the second half of the night and we are expecting twins in less than 3 weeks. The struggle is real 😩

Reactions: 2
Thank you both. Sometimes it’s nice to know it’s not just me. I don’t even mind if she comes in with us if she will go back to sleep but she literally just stays awake for hours. I do not know how she has the energy for anything. She’s in the process of dropping her nap so I wonder if it’s that. I just hate that this might be my evenings and nights forever more.

It will pass but when you’re in the thick of it, it’s so so hard and colleagues/friends go “but she’s X years old, doesn’t she sleep through?”.
I think after the first year, people don’t really care about your sleep deprivation or sleep struggles either so you feel helpless 🙄

We are struggling with the actual going to bed right now… every excuse under the sun comes out of my 3.5yo and it’s tricky with a 6 week old!

Reactions: 3
Has anyone ever had any experience of IBS in little ones? It’s not diagnosed, but we never get normal poos. Either constipated or loose. Google suggests that’s what it is (I’m not sold on Google!) but I wonder if anyone has ever known it before we face the drs again x

Has anyone ever had any experience of IBS in little ones? It’s not diagnosed, but we never get normal poos. Either constipated or loose. Google suggests that’s what it is (I’m not sold on Google!) but I wonder if anyone has ever known it before we face the drs again x
Our LO went through this a bit last year (mainly loose ones). She’d go 3 times in an hour so we’d have to collect her from nursery and then she’d be fine for days/weeks then it would come back again so we knew it wasn’t a bug type thing.

We did go to the docs and we had to provide a stool sample (that was fun!) and then it was analysed and come back fine. I think it was diet related (maybe consuming too much fruit and the natural sugars made them looser).

I would probably keep a food diary for a while and see if there are any patterns so at least you have something to show GP? x

Our LO went through this a bit last year (mainly loose ones). She’d go 3 times in an hour so we’d have to collect her from nursery and then she’d be fine for days/weeks then it would come back again so we knew it wasn’t a bug type thing.

We did go to the docs and we had to provide a stool sample (that was fun!) and then it was analysed and come back fine. I think it was diet related (maybe consuming too much fruit and the natural sugars made them looser).

I would probably keep a food diary for a while and see if there are any patterns so at least you have something to show GP? x
That’s where my concern is going because he’s starting nursery in July.
The Dr thinks it’s where he’s getting backed up, then it’s all backing up around it. So maybe it is that!
Food diary sounds a good idea though, incase there is anything food related! Xx

Did they say to offer lactulose? It did loosen things when our little one was constipated a while back.

Their tummies and bowels are still so sensitive, I hope you get to bottom of it as it can be so stressful for everyone!

Did they say to offer lactulose? It did loosen things when our little one was constipated a while back.

Their tummies and bowels are still so sensitive, I hope you get to bottom of it as it can be so stressful for everyone!
We did lactulose and had support from dietician with no help but laxatives seem to be helping! 🤞 after a night of no sleep last night because he was so uncomfortable.. so hopefully they’re just what he needs xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 1