Peter Kay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's why I wouldn't pay to go and see him. Loved him years ago, but some of his latter appearances on TV were just him trying to hog the limelight and not being very funny. There was an appearance on Strictly where he made a homophobic joke about someone, can't remember the exact thing but it was something like him pretending to be afraid to turn his back or bend over and telling the person to watch it, and it just seemed so so dated (not to mention offensive) and it was a pity to see.
It was judge Rob Rinder and it was really awkward to watch he seems firmly stuck in the 70s he needs to realise that stuff isn't funny now

Reactions: 2
The most talented comedians either evolve in terms of material or refine and hone their schtick enough to remain a source of entertainment. Kay has never done either of those and in a world of monumental egos, his is right up there. In his mind and by his own admission he has never had a bad gig, has always been the most talented act on any bill, must be credited as the creative force behind every success he’s had and so on.

In the interests of me feeling magnanimous, I’ll save you the trouble of going to see him by asking if any of you remember white dog tit? That is the material which he has dined out on in excess of twenty years in live shows. A one-trick nostalgia act with end of the pier material that is at times questionable, if being generous.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Went last night to the O2...

We left halfway. As did many, many others. People around us were laughing and we were like ??? We are (were) big PK fans, his older stuff made me cry when it was original.
This was just a poor rehash attempt at old jokes, some bits just dragged out and were not funny. I literally smirked once before I absolutely lost the will to live.
18 month wait. Waste of time. Honestly it was absolutely shocking.
Were the people around you laughing about 60 years old? That was the cutoff I found 😳

Reactions: 3
Were the people around you laughing about 60 years old? That was the cutoff I found 😳
Alas not. Probably around 40s/50s but some looked our age and younger. Maybe it's new material to the younger clan....