New Baby & Post Birth Off Topic #2 Ffs Matthew, Grow Some Breasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I "failed" the MH check with the HV and she wants to see if I want to be referred to a parent and infant bonding service. I'm not sure that'll help. If we can get wee man's meds and formula right and he's not screaming or needing held 24/7, that will be a massive help but we're waiting on the dietitians. We had to try him again with dairy formula before they'd see him. I ended up covered in sick and he's been even more upset since so that really didn't help at all. I have an appointment with the physio next week so hopefully that'll help with the pubic diastasis and pain. Once that's fixed I'll be able to get out in the fresh air. Think I'm getting all my ducks in a row but it's taking so freaking long that it's exacerbating everything. As for the OH, I told him, he sulked. He doesn't get it at all.
Postnatal mental health issues come in all sorts of forms and bonding often isn't the most common anymore - any big feelings of depression and anxiety when a new mum comes under PND/PNA and that includes it being caused by lots of stress around managing baby's issues. Could you ask your HV to refer for general therapy to help you have an outlet at a really overwhelming time? I'm so sorry you've had to make baby worse just to prove a point, that's so tit 😔 baby being unwell and you being in pain makes things so much worse - like you say, maybe once the issues are taken away you'll feel much better and not even need MH support, but you deserve to have support in the meantime if it's making you feel so low ❤

Omg so here’s a tale for you…
We’ve been trying to switch broadband provider as Open reach has just updated the local area with the new tech, so we were hoping to get super fast blah blah blah, ANYWAY, it turns out that getting the super fast stuff relied on some drilling and digging up of someone else’s driveway! They’ve unsurprisingly said get fucked leading us back to square one. So we found this out this evening. I know my husband is the IT and telecoms department in our house but I thought I will try and show some interest, so I sent him a deal and then after getting back from nursery pick up I said is that any good? He sort of laughed and was like “yeah but we need to look at other options as there’s probably a better deal” so I just shrugged and said i know you’ve probably researched it inside out already I just wanted to help. He said sorry which I appreciated, and then I went off to the shop to get (wine) some bits. When I came home he asked if I’d got his message and I said no and I looked at my phone he’d signed us up to a new broadband deal…. The one I’d found 🤣 the end.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So I signed up to a writing course... forgetting that maybe I'd have to write something and probably have to show it to other people... anyway long story short I'm here scrolling and refreshing the ESC threads on here and reddit and not writing the 1000 words I need to have done by 9am tomorrow morning 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So I signed up to a writing course... forgetting that maybe I'd have to write something and probably have to show it to other people... anyway long story short I'm here scrolling and refreshing the ESC threads on here and reddit and not writing the 1000 words I need to have done by 9am tomorrow morning 🥴
A writing course sounds fabulous though!

100% felt like a good idea at the time. I forgot that I haven't written in decades, wasn't very good at it in the first place and hate showing my writing to other people :/
Please don't talk yourself down, there's enough of that in the world. Some things should just be for pure enjoyment, and being "good" at something is subjective anyway 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Need some tea and sympathy, husband is away on work for the next three nights and I have a teething TF - must be the bigger teeth now as all her front teeth are in. She’s sooooooooooooo dribbly I had to put a dribble bib on her this morning and she’s come home from nursery drenched in drool. She’s barely eaten and keeps following me around the house crying (I have been cuddling her but I’ve got to make the dinner too). It’s really hard going 🥴 she didn’t sleep last night either and therefore neither did I. And it’s one of my busiest work weeks of the quarter. Blarrrrrggghhhh!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Need some tea and sympathy, husband is away on work for the next three nights and I have a teething TF - must be the bigger teeth now as all her front teeth are in. She’s sooooooooooooo dribbly I had to put a dribble bib on her this morning and she’s come home from nursery drenched in drool. She’s barely eaten and keeps following me around the house crying (I have been cuddling her but I’ve got to make the dinner too). It’s really hard going 🥴 she didn’t sleep last night either and therefore neither did I. And it’s one of my busiest work weeks of the quarter. Blarrrrrggghhhh!
Can sympathise, baby b is going through similar and now has a cold too so is just a clingy, sad mess who screams at the thought of being put down to play independently and barely slept last night 🥴 survival mode is recommended - cake, hot drinks, comfy clothes, trashy TV and hopefully tomorrow (with the kids and also with work!) is better for you ❤

• Heart
Can sympathise, baby b is going through similar and now has a cold too so is just a clingy, sad mess who screams at the thought of being put down to play independently and barely slept last night 🥴 survival mode is recommended - cake, hot drinks, comfy clothes, trashy TV and hopefully tomorrow (with the kids and also with work!) is better for you ❤
Have had to come up to bed because she’s started her screaming already 🤪🔫

• Heart
Hope your evening was ok in the end @WeHadFunRight ?

I'm feeling a bit blue again today, I've been reflecting a lot about how pre-baby my favourite part of the week was arriving in the door on a Friday evening knowing that I wasn't needed at work again until Monday morning, no matter what I had on during the weekend (I stopped going on nights out a long time ago, and can happily do an active or a lazy weekend). I feel like all I do now is focus on my LO when I'm not at work, even if I'm not with him (if he's in nursery or with someone else). Like all my brain is just taken up with him. I can't relax, I try and do 'nice' things for myself but feel guilty for doing them as it means my OH has to look after him, or I'm not there and I'm missing spending time with him.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hope your evening was ok in the end @WeHadFunRight ?

I'm feeling a bit blue again today, I've been reflecting a lot about how pre-baby my favourite part of the week was arriving in the door on a Friday evening knowing that I wasn't needed at work again until Monday morning, no matter what I had on during the weekend (I stopped going on nights out a long time ago, and can happily do an active or a lazy weekend). I feel like all I do now is focus on my LO when I'm not at work, even if I'm not with him (if he's in nursery or with someone else). Like all my brain is just taken up with him. I can't relax, I try and do 'nice' things for myself but feel guilty for doing them as it means my OH has to look after him, or I'm not there and I'm missing spending time with him.
Ah thanks so much for checking in, I just went to sleep. There’s nothing else to do, she cries every five minutes when I’m not in the same room and I have no capacity to listen to it as my MH is very shakey at the moment.

Really hard going at the moment because all she is doing is crying and whinging, she’s so happy at nursery then just cries when she gets home. I have a constant headache with it all. I mean, at the moment she is sitting on my knee noisily examining two hair bands but that will not last for long.

I remember this part being really hard with my eldest too and I just can’t wait to get through it to be honest. She’s such a beautiful baby with one of the most amazing smiles I’ve ever seen but I wish I could block out all the grouchy noises she makes.

My main mantra is just duck this tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Husband is home, he attended a dirty nappy change at 6:30 this morning which was not a one person job in the end - I had to cut short my single person lie down to intervene as TF rolling and trying to walk off mid- nappy change, 5 shouting “TF! TF! TF!” Over and over again and a pooey-bum cheeked 14 month old dominated the household

husband now snoring away in bed 🤪 pray for him.

• Haha
Reactions: 5