New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I should have replied something like yeah we share a can of red bull or something mad like that šŸ˜†
You have to do that with the next one šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
---
Such a good idea re the t-shirts!

Yeah weā€™ve got some yellowish side marks where sheā€™s rubbed her hands on the side of her tshirt after putting sun cream on šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

good to know about the bleach but wtf is that about šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ wonder what the chemical reaction is there
I got one of the Dr Beckmann Stain Devils, think it's the cosmetics and nature one. Worked a treat on sunscreen stains.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Has anyoneā€™s one year old gone through a phase of when they meet new people/people they donā€™t see oftenā€¦. Kinda staring at them then blinking slowly and frowning.

My friend came round yesterday who baby wotsit has only met a few times and he did it in front of her and sheā€™s banged on all evening about seizures and autism.

He does it every now and again at the mo, not sure if itā€™s when heā€™s tiredā€¦. Or a kinda nervous shy thing when people come up to him all enthusiasticā€¦.Hes in a clingy, shy kinda place atm.

All I can find online is that peopleā€™s toddlers went though a phase of it and they never knew whyā€¦.. or that it can be a nervous/anxious thing.

Just be nice to hear if sometimes little one did it and itā€™s just a normal little phase

Has anyoneā€™s one year old gone through a phase of when they meet new people/people they donā€™t see oftenā€¦. Kinda staring at them then blinking slowly and frowning.

My friend came round yesterday who baby wotsit has only met a few times and he did it in front of her and sheā€™s banged on all evening about seizures and autism.

He does it every now and again at the mo, not sure if itā€™s when heā€™s tiredā€¦. Or a kinda nervous shy thing when people come up to him all enthusiasticā€¦.Hes in a clingy, shy kinda place atm.

All I can find online is that peopleā€™s toddlers went though a phase of it and they never knew whyā€¦.. or that it can be a nervous/anxious thing.

Just be nice to hear if sometimes little one did it and itā€™s just a normal little phase
My now 4 year old did it, sometimes he still does it and heā€™s 4. He used to always blink and frown and turn his head from people he didnā€™t know - now heā€™s a bit better at meeting new people depending on his mood, if heā€™s a bit grumpy he frowns and turns his head away. If you think about it, their meeting people they donā€™t know and arenā€™t used to or recognise so it must be a bit daunting! Some babies are just shy babies it doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a sign of autism

My 1 year old does that too and I thought to myself numerous times ā€œis that a seizure?ā€ Because heā€™s very blank when he does it then shuts his eyes and suddenly is ā€˜back in thenroomā€™ kind of thing but itā€™s definitely a choice heā€™s making to do it. especially when meeting new people or unfamiliar people.
I sometimes wave my hand in front of his face or get silly and say his name and he usually smirks whilst still staring.
My son is also in a major shy separation anxiety stage atm.